Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 19:51

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Change benefit of scrolls (exp/sp)

Discussion on Change benefit of scrolls (exp/sp) within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Change benefit of scrolls (exp/sp)

I am still plugging away at my server and the next thing on my to-do list is to fix EXP and SP scrolls / Gold time so that it works multiplicatively (as it should) with the current server rates. For instance, if I set the server rates to 1000% and use a Premium it only adds 100% exp right now which is an overall increase of 10%.

No Bueno.

I also would like to add in 1k Exp and 1k SP scrolls like you can find in Silkroad-R. One step at a time though.

Any guidance on where to look in the DB? I've already poked around in _RefSkill but I don't see anything in the Premium skill that looks like it corresponds to the EXP bonus.
Old 09/21/2016, 00:40   #2

Received Thanks: 1,371
I believe premium is hardcoded in Gameserver, could be wrong but I think I'm right.
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/21/2016, 21:09   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ​Goofie​ View Post
I believe premium is hardcoded in Gameserver, could be wrong but I think I'm right.
Well that's a shame.
Old 09/22/2016, 05:07   #4

The exp comes from _RefSkill you'll have to look for the right param code to change it. Simply just make any number connected to Premium higher, and you shall find it.
It will modify itself automaticly in game anyways..

about the 1k SP gained scroll, just make an item like prem services, connect it to your DB, when item is in use - user receive SP - teleport.
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/23/2016, 21:56   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHero View Post
The exp comes from _RefSkill you'll have to look for the right param code to change it. Simply just make any number connected to Premium higher, and you shall find it.
It will modify itself automaticly in game anyways..

about the 1k SP gained scroll, just make an item like prem services, connect it to your DB, when item is in use - user receive SP - teleport.

I appreciate your insight!
I meant 1000% Exp/SP (1k) scrolls though :P with this information I can figure it out though.
But I'm going to use that idea as well. Random SP scroll drops from mobs could be fun
Old 09/23/2016, 22:00   #6

elite*gold: 56
If you change the rate in the Server.cfg you actually set the new % means for example

100% > 1000%

Premium for example adds a static value of 100% to the current "rate".
The static value is set in the _RefObjItem

so if you have a rate of 1000% and you wanna double the amount of EXP while premium is activated u have to change the value from 100% to 1000% there also
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/24/2016, 06:14   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syloxx View Post
If you change the rate in the Server.cfg you actually set the new % means for example

100% > 1000%

Premium for example adds a static value of 100% to the current "rate".
The static value is set in the _RefObjItem

so if you have a rate of 1000% and you wanna double the amount of EXP while premium is activated u have to change the value from 100% to 1000% there also
Yeah that's what I was saying in the OP. Currently the prem only adds 10% overall if the rates are 10x.
Old 09/25/2016, 11:28   #8

Alright so I've made some changes and now the Premium and Skill tickets properly double the Exp and SP. Problem is, I read in another thread that the gameserver clamps the maximum EXP and SP bonus to +1000% and it turns out this is true. If I use a 100% Skill ticket it doubles my SP but if I use a premium the EXP doubles but I don't get any additional SP because I'm already at the 1000% cap.

I am running a patched game server to allow for more than 10x rates (Even though I'm not using more than 10x on the gameserver atm.) Are there any other settings I should look out for to remove this clamp or am I boned?

I think what I may just do is change the base experience for each monster this way I can leave the game server at 1x Exp and that'll give me more flexibility with scrolls and exp buffs.

I could even set it higher. Like set the base exp per mob to 100x normal and then set the game server to 10%. That'd let leave the base EXP at 10x normal rates while allowing all exp bonus items to work and give me the flexibility to make like 10 minute 100x exp scrolls if I wanted to do something like that

E2: Hmm looks like there's a few mobs who give too much experience to store in a normal INT if I try to more than double it. I wonder if I can change it to bigint without nuking the gameserver. MUST TEST

E3: I tried changing the type to Bigint for ExpToGive and as I expected it had some weird results. Mangyangs worked perfectly. Everything beyond that has some STRANGE shit happening. Some mobs can attack, some attack do the wrong damage (Like factors off from where it should be) and some mobs dont even attack. They just stare at you intensely until you die

E4: One thing I may end up doing as a ghetto work around for now is just doubling the monster exp since the largest entry to the monster exp table can be safely doubled and still fit within an INT. After I do that I can set the server rates to 500% which would theoretically allow me to change the premium and skill tickets to +500% which SHOULD let characters have two tickets active at once without missing anything. Anything beyond that wouldn't work but I think that's okay.

Well damn.
Old 09/25/2016, 21:01   #9

elite*gold: 56
another hint:

if you cant increase given exp reduce required exp?
Old 09/26/2016, 01:40   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syloxx View Post
another hint:

if you cant increase given exp reduce required exp?
That was actually the first thing I tried but I undid it, can't remember why. Let me try again to see why :P