Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 12:35

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Level Editing SRO

Discussion on Level Editing SRO within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Level Editing SRO

Hey guys

I was just wondering if it is possible to edit the map with new objects like houses or a complete new City. Does someone know how Hotan is build up? Are the objects fixed? Would it be possible to generate NPCs with Housemashs etc... Just askin`
Old 08/27/2015, 18:10   #2

elite*gold: 7
Received Thanks: 2,373
yes , all those stuff are possible throw media and data pk2 files , also u will have to ur own mini map in particles pk2
Sorry, i would like to explain how to do that, but that will take a long guide
anyway for example hotan is created by ground (solid ground and sand and grass{each one of those ground have 1 pic. when u edit it u could change it's shape or coloud}) and so on
same with houses ,, it's all about client side and to add new city in db is easy as cake xD
At last to be mentioned , the city is created with 5 or 6 elements and being duplicated by script files like .bms for example (to make the ground full of 100 stone {and it's actually 1 stone in pk2}) ...
Old 08/27/2015, 18:45   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Abdelfattah View Post
yes , all those stuff are possible throw media and data pk2 files , also u will have to ur own mini map in particles pk2
anyway for example hotan is created by ground (solid ground and sand and grass{each one of those ground have 1 pic. when u edit it u could change it's shape or coloud}) and so on
same with houses ,, it's all about client side and to add new city in db is easy as cake xD
At last to be mentioned , the city is created with 5 or 6 elements and being duplicated by script files like .bms for example (to make the ground full of 100 stone {and it's actually 1 stone in pk2}) ...

Okey thanks. So my train of thought was right
Old 08/27/2015, 23:57   #4

elite*gold: 70
Quote:
It's not that easy as you think , the matter isn't only applicable on bms and ddjs there are some things you will face in map.pk2 ( i mean the most ) since no one can edit the .o2 files so no body can do it ,, also he meant to make a new city ( he means a new design ) so how would you identify every object's place _Refnest? isn't enough also this matter needs a reverse engineering knowledge all we could reach till now is making these object and putting it but it won't be solid i mean you can walk through like christmas decoration
Old 08/28/2015, 00:20   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox, View Post
It's not that easy as you think , the matter isn't only applicable on bms and ddjs there are some things you will face in map.pk2 ( i mean the most ) since no one can edit the .o2 files so no body can do it ,, also he meant to make a new city ( he means a new design ) so how would you identify every object's place _Refnest? isn't enough also this matter needs a reverse engineering knowledge all we could reach till now is making these object and putting it but it won't be solid i mean you can walk through like christmas decoration
Well, u have the point ,, beside i don't say it's easy , but i did say anything is possible
Also if u know what to do It won't be that hard as u tell, but to mentioned it will be a long work but also will worth
/*------------
A suggest : if u planing to make a from 0 (TOWN) so it's better to do that with a C# project which will do the stuff u can't do as it can (I mean don't do all the stuff manually, better to build a project which do those stuff) then upgrade it to be a tool for an automatic adding a town and edit or add the stuff u need..
Old 08/28/2015, 01:24   #6

Quote:
Well, u have the point ,, beside i don't say it's easy , but i did say anything is possible
Also if u know what to do It won't be that hard as u tell, but to mentioned it will be a long work but also will worth
/*------------
A suggest : if u planing to make a from 0 (TOWN) so it's better to do that with a C# project which will do the stuff u can't do as it can (I mean don't do all the stuff manually, better to build a project which do those stuff) then upgrade it to be a tool for an automatic adding a town and edit or add the stuff u need..
I don't think C# can add 3d models , or may you have a point i don't get
Old 08/28/2015, 01:45   #7

Quote:
I don't think C# can add 3d models , or may you have a point i don't get
well , please read this :
Old 08/28/2015, 16:17   #8

This is Xnalara modelling idk if silkroad client would accept it , but this deserves a try
Old 08/28/2015, 17:04   #9

Quote:
This is Xnalara modelling idk if silkroad client would accept it , but this deserves a try
Would be nice if it works
Old 08/29/2015, 02:41   #10

Quote:
[...]since no one can edit the .o2 files so no body can do it[...]
I am suggesting you to rethink that statement badly...

Thanks
1 User
Old 08/29/2015, 02:44   #11

Hahaha except with perry's tool for sure , i thought this tool just previewing these files only .. but i think these objects aren't solid i mean you can walk through it is that ture ?
Old 08/29/2015, 09:52   #12

Are you sure that no one can add/remove objects with collision?
Thanks
2 Users
Old 08/29/2015, 10:38   #13

This seems really interesting, wondering what it'd be like with cars and motorcycles instead of horses XD
Old 08/29/2015, 12:28   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by markk2015 View Post
This seems really interesting, wondering what it'd be like with cars and motorcycles instead of horses XD
There's an exist object like a char, named spiderman and it's a really spiderman in game *_^
Old 08/29/2015, 15:09   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorosmihaly View Post

Are you sure that no one can add/remove objects with collision?
That's interesting , is that with map editor too ?