Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 19:31

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Create your own pServer ? Which Hardware needed?

Discussion on Create your own pServer ? Which Hardware needed? within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Create your own pServer ? Which Hardware needed?

Hello,
i was quite wondering that there are alot of Silkroad pServer.
How ist that possible ?
Isnt the Hardware very Expensive?

Although i would like to create one for me and my friends too,
which hardware you need ? You need VServer or an Dedicated Server?
Or is it possible to do it with your own Computer ?

Thanks for answering
Old 01/05/2015, 15:16   #2

I will be brief.
If you are looking for a professional management server and no lags,etc. then you
should pick Dedicated Server
if you are looking for afun server for you and your friends(closed circle) then pick VServer or even your own computer if it's good enough.
Old 01/05/2015, 15:16   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiao View Post
I will be brief.
If you are looking for a professional management server and no lags,etc. then you
should pick Dedicated Server
if you are looking for afun server for you and your friends(closed circle) then pick VServer or even your own computer if it's good enough.
well its an old PC im using :P
Which hardware is needed for e.g. 500 slots ?
Old 01/05/2015, 15:19   #4

elite*gold: 28
Received Thanks: 2,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevve92 View Post
well its an old PC im using :P
Which hardware is needed for e.g. 500 slots ?
Depends on how many regions you need too.
Old 01/05/2015, 15:31   #5

A piece of advice : never use your home PC as a server unless you're making the server strictly to your friends i.e. NOT for a public use.

You can take a look around companies that let you "rent" a powerful server for a monthly price (Hetzner/OVH/Contabo etc..).

As for specs;
-A powerful processor is not really needed for a starter server, Quad core or an i5 processor should do it.
-Rams are more important, Get at least 8gb of ram.
-Internet line should be at least 100mbps.
-Server location should be the nearest to the majority of your players. I prefer European datacenters.
-The difference between VPS and a dedicated server that the VPS is a part of the dedicated server, having own RAM/Hard disk space but sharing its processor and internet speed with other VPSs on the same dedicated server.
Old 01/05/2015, 15:40   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicanoo View Post
A piece of advice : never use your home PC as a server unless you're making the server strictly to your friends i.e. NOT for a public use.

You can take a look around companies that let you "rent" a powerful server for a monthly price (Hetzner/OVH/Contabo etc..).

As for specs;
-A powerful processor is not really needed for a starter server, Quad core or an i5 processor should do it.
-Rams are more important, Get at least 8gb of ram.
-Internet line should be at least 100mbps.
-Server location should be the nearest to the majority of your players. I prefer European datacenters.
-The difference between VPS and a dedicated server that the VPS is a part of the dedicated server, having own RAM/Hard disk space but sharing its processor and internet speed with other VPSs on the same dedicated server.
If i want for example 500 slots for ppl from Europe.
Is it better to get an Dedicated Server, or it will also work with an VServer?
Old 01/05/2015, 16:36   #7

elite*gold: 77
Quote:
12GB Ram V-P-Server can handle 500 players w/o lags.

If you are looking for a good V-server , pm me .. i know someone who sells OVH V-Servers and dedicated servers for good prices.
Old 01/05/2015, 17:08   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocs View Post
12GB Ram V-P-Server can handle 500 players w/o lags.

If you are looking for a good V-server , pm me .. i know someone who sells OVH V-Servers and dedicated servers for good prices.
Na a V-Server can't hold 500 players, the gameserver ms was even high with 200-300 players. Will lag as hell.

Quote:
As he said above it all depends on how many monsters you got, which cap etc. If it's a pvp or pve server. There is many factors that you need to understand and take care of.
Old 01/05/2015, 17:14   #9

elite*gold: 56
Received Thanks: 1,219
Private Server dosen't mean that you have to buy it yourself and run it in your room. It is possible even with a small Windows PC but the biggest problem would be the internet connection in this case. Even with a 10 Mbit/s you are very fast on your limits.

The 99% way of hosting a private server is via rent and it cost starting from 1$/month to 500$ and higher depend how much capacity you need. In the normal case you get always a 1 Gbit/s connection.

All you need to do it is getting knowledge and the best way of getting that knowledge is doing it and of course google. have fun
Thanks
1 User