Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 00:51

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

A couple of random questions

Discussion on A couple of random questions within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Lightbulb A couple of random questions

Hello guys!
I'm planning to open my own private server, but i do have some questions regarding it, considering that i have no idea about servers in general. Anyways, i'll list them here and i hope i'll get an answer pretty quick.

1. A dedicated server is mandatory, hence, where could i get one and how expensive is it?
2. From what i've heard, there is a virus in the serverfiles, is it safe to run them?
3. Would it be expensive to pay a guy to set up the server files for me?
4. Also, there are some bugs in the original server files, are they really hard to fix?
5. How could i protect my server from DDOS and exploit abusing?

Thank you all, and please, contain yourself from rude replies.
Old 03/24/2013, 06:12   #2

elite*gold: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by marikos View Post
Hello guys!
I'm planning to open my own private server, but i do have some questions regarding it, considering that i have no idea about servers in general. Anyways, i'll list them here and i hope i'll get an answer pretty quick.

1. A dedicated server is mandatory, hence, where could i get one and how expensive is it?
2. From what i've heard, there is a virus in the serverfiles, is it safe to run them?
3. Would it be expensive to pay a guy to set up the server files for me?
4. Also, there are some bugs in the original server files, are they really hard to fix?
5. How could i protect my server from DDOS and exploit abusing?

Thank you all, and please, contain yourself from rude replies.
Dedicated server are all different you can search at different sites till you find what you want, if you want a good one with good connection it would be around ~60€

If you download the client files there should be no virus, but I would better scan ever server

Setting up the server files is easy, there are even tutorials...do it yourself

I don't know wich bugs you mean

Exploits, as far as I know there are exploits just in the gateway from vsro, use black rogue gateway with vsro files

DDOS; There are many solutions you can defend ddos atacks, but most of them are expensive, I would just try to hide the ip to get not attacked Would be better as to pay 500$ monthly
Thanks
1 User