Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 05:24

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Ctf Item rewards & SMC

Discussion on Ctf Item rewards & SMC within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Smile Ctf Item rewards & SMC

Hi all,

Whats up?

1. I am searching how to change the exchange rewards of Ice trophys?
2. How can i set up smc to edit fortress when i try with my smc it gives me some error runtime?

Thank you
Old 02/19/2013, 20:14   #2

elite*gold: 200
For the CTF reward:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synx7 View Post
1. Change CTF Rewards

I will assume you want to change the whole reward, not only the icon.
There are 2 ways, the CTF rewards are hardcoded on the Gameserver, you can either use the Chernobyl's patcher, which I think it patch the rewards from CTF/Battle Arena and shit, or the debugging way, which I find more confortable since you don't rely on an external program that patch it every time you start the server.
So, the debugging way, I won't make for now a full codecave guide, so I will keep this guide simple. First, get Ollydbg, and the SR_GameServer.exe you want to patch. Load the gameserver with olly (drag and drop on the ollydbg window), select the CPU window, right click anywhere on it and go to Search for < All referenced text strings. It will take few seconds to load all the texts, once that is done, a new window will open, right click on it, and go to "Search for text", and there type the word "TROPHY", and press enter.
You will get this result:

This is the reward you get by killing players on the CTF event. If you press Ctrl+L, you will get a 2nd result, which is the reward for winning the CTF (1 ice trophy). Whatever, we want to change those rewards, so we will create a new string with the codename of the item we want to give as reward. Save the 2 results of the TROPHY search by selecting them and then right click > copy to clipboard > address. Save the 2 addresses so we can find them later easier. In the SR_GameServer.exe.
Now go to the end of the file on the CPU window on ollydbg, we will see a lot of empty space that we can use like this:

So right click anywhere, with enough space on the bottom for make the new item fit, and press Ctrl+E (binary edit). Go to the ASCII input box and type the codename of the item you want to set as reward, for example:

And press OK, new code will appear, like this:

This is not real code, but the hex for the item we just added, which is stored on the address 00B55F65 on the example, now we just have to change the offset that the 2 addresses we saved earlier read, so press Ctrl+G, and go to the first one, press space, and change the old address with the new one, like this:

So now we will get 1 potion every time we kill a player. Now again press Ctrl+G and change the second one.
So there it is, rewards changed. Remember that so-ok will still ask for the trophys for exchange for rewards.
I didn't really test it, but if you change the PUSH 1 to any other number, like PUSH 20, you can change the amount of rewards giving when finishing the CTF or killing a char during the CTF (remember that olly use hex, 20 = 32).
Thanks
9 Users
Closed Thread