Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 03:01

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Help]SQL 2008 R2 Login problem (Password is incorrect or sth)

Discussion on [Help]SQL 2008 R2 Login problem (Password is incorrect or sth) within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Help]SQL 2008 R2 Login problem (Password is incorrect or sth)

So a week ago i installed the SQL 2005 it was working fine and everything was smooth but i wanted to install the 2008 R2 cause ZSZC databases are compatible w/ it so anyways when i stop the service of the 2005 so i can login in the 2008 one w/o problems and comparability errors it says that the password is incorrect, , in fact, i am using the SA 'known' password.
I searched google and epvp but ended up empty handed
Proof of my google searches (for the nonbelievers)

I just want a solution not just like hints, I have said it before and i will say it again. I am NOT a professional I just like setting up servers to test all kinds of files (and to have pvps against friends) any help will be great appreciated *as always*
Old 10/05/2012, 00:33   #2

This is probably because you entered the wrong server name for the connection. If you upgraded over mssql 2005 it should be the same as before YOURPCNAME\SQLEXPRESS. If this still does not work I would uninstall then reinstall mssql 2008 r2 and make sure you pay attention to the server name. Sometimes upgrading will mess some **** up. If this doesnt help let me know I can walk you through this. After installing sql 2008 there is no need for 2005, I have had this problem before and after removing everything and starting fresh it fixed the problem.
Old 10/05/2012, 03:07   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unrealx420 View Post
This is probably because you entered the wrong server name for the connection. If you upgraded over mssql 2005 it should be the same as before YOURPCNAME\SQLEXPRESS. If this still does not work I would uninstall then reinstall mssql 2008 r2 and make sure you pay attention to the server name. Sometimes upgrading will mess some **** up. If this doesnt help let me know I can walk you through this. After installing sql 2008 there is no need for 2005, I have had this problem before and after removing everything and starting fresh it fixed the problem.
I downloaded another version and it worked so thanks anyways for your help
#Request to close.