Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 20:55

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

How to remote connect to mssql database?

Discussion on How to remote connect to mssql database? within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,783
How to remote connect to mssql database?

How can I connect to dedicated server's mssql database?
sqlserver2005 express edition + sql managment studio installed on both computer (dedi server and my pc)
sqlbrowser enabled and running
tcp/ip enabled, remote connections enabled

i tried connecting like
serveriport
serverip\sqlexpress
serveriport\sqlexpress
serverip
serverip,port
serverip\pcname

And none works, I get this error:
Old 10/28/2011, 23:24   #2

Received Thanks: 1,777
Have you made sure the port is open?

After you opened MSSQL remote connections, did you restart the MSSQL services?
Old 10/28/2011, 23:31   #3

Received Thanks: 1,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bаne View Post
Have you made sure the port is open?

After you opened MSSQL remote connections, did you restart the MSSQL services?
I restarted it several times, 1433 and 1434 TCP and UDP opened.. sqlserver.exe added to exceptions aswell

Edit: also, im confused, i have no idea what to type at "server name" (only ip, or IP,port or ip\sqlexpress etc..)
Old 10/29/2011, 00:24   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18andLife View Post
I restarted it several times, 1433 and 1434 TCP and UDP opened.. sqlserver.exe added to exceptions aswell

Edit: also, im confused, i have no idea what to type at "server name" (only ip, or IP,port or ip\sqlexpress etc..)
if u wanna connect (via remote) type: IP\SQLEXPRESS

e.g. 87.75.123.21/SQLEXPRESS

if u wanna link 2 gameserver write this "IP\SQLEXPRESS" in ur cert ini's aswell

Similar Threads Similar Threads
[Release]CLEAN database + MSSQL cleaning script
11/02/2020 - Dekaron Private Server - 31 Replies
My 666th post! Ok, so I know everyone is expecting the IPbanV2/3 from me as my next release, but I decided I will do this first, because it took me a lot less time. LINK (megaupload) ALL info is deleted, except what is required to run the server with all functions like in the silkbotter's database. Tested by myself, and working. NOTE: Siege is not added, but you can add it easily with the script. I didn't add siege, because I thought that you will want to set the start time like you...
helping php iss users with mssql connect
10/20/2011 - Shaiya PServer Development - 44 Replies
i have not see anyone realy helped with this one. but after what i have seen you need: In versjon 5.3 of PHP was the support for php_mssql.dll removed. This uses mssql_connect() that all php files out here uses. PHP and microsoft recomend is "Microsoft Drivers for PHP for SQL Server". this has a close syntax, but have other names. to conect you need this. <?php
MSSQL-connect Problem
07/02/2011 - Flyff Private Server - 0 Replies
Ich versuche seit einer Stunde Treachery CS-Shop zum laufen zu kriegen, aber ich schaffe es einfach nicht das PHP sich endlich mal meinem Willen beugt und sich mit meiner DB verbindet... Ich gebe in die config.php datei brav meine Daten ein, allerdings will es trotzdem nicht klappen... http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/2105/mssql.png http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8788/configr.p ng http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/7397/resultata.p ng Wäre echt nett, wenn mir jemand einen Tipp geben...
[HOWTO] Logging ALL Queries on a MSSQL Database?
12/25/2010 - Dekaron Private Server - 8 Replies
Hi, after ALLOT of googling in found a very sweet function in mssql If you have "Profiler" install here is how you can track almost everything that is going on in the DB after creating the topic and result from http://www.elitepvpers.com/forum/dekaron-private-se rver/895715-test-response-time-db.html ive found out that it will take months (YES! months) to analyze all the data that is send from dekaronserver.exe so here is how you can trace it: Open SQL Server Profiler or Profiler
[Release] 5165- Remote Connect Client [LOOK]
02/14/2010 - CO2 PServer Guides & Releases - 27 Replies
Hello ppl i made a tool to access your server via a little console app to reboot it or do other shit like console commands just you dont have to be in range of the hosting computer. Simply connect to your server ip and remote it :) All required information is in the RAR file. Features: V 0.1 Released: 27th December 2009