Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > General Gaming Discussion > Private Server
You last visited: Today at 09:52

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Open Source Aion Emu Development

Discussion on Open Source Aion Emu Development within the Private Server forum part of the General Gaming Discussion category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Open Source Aion Emu Development

Hello Everyone!
We welcome you to participate in the open source Aion emulator development project that offers a unique approach to the emulator development process. The main element is that anyone, contributor or not, will be able to gain from the result. The first stage is to start the discussion to get a picture where everyone stands on our proposition. Read "Project Information" at , any feedback will be appreciated.
Thank you,
Dmitri
Old 08/10/2009, 21:46   #2

There is already an open source project that is come a long way.
Old 08/10/2009, 22:09   #3

What if you don't know java but excel in another languages such as C for exemple ? Aion should get more than a "java emulator" imo. Anyways they want to be retail like so what about fun server which gameplay differs from official ?
Old 09/04/2009, 15:11   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niak View Post
What if you don't know java but excel in another languages such as C for exemple ? Aion should get more than a "java emulator" imo. Anyways they want to be retail like so what about fun server which gameplay differs from official ?
Whats wrong with creating a Java Emulator?
Old 09/04/2009, 20:09   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfer25 View Post
Whats wrong with creating a Java Emulator?
Nothing. Read again ?
Old 09/04/2009, 23:11   #6

Hmm, IMO it's better to do it in C ;o
Sry for being a language noob, but doesn't C fit more into a emulator than Java?
Well good luck!!!
I hope you'll do it ;D
Old 09/05/2009, 10:58   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niak View Post
Nothing. Read again ?
Quote:
Aion should get more than a "java emulator" imo
seemed like a negative comment

Quote:
Hmm, IMO it's better to do it in C ;o
Sry for being a language noob, but doesn't C fit more into a emulator than Java?
Well good luck!!!
I hope you'll do it ;D
Yes and no; These days most programming languages are similar in speed. You could use any language C, C++, C#, Java (even php if you knew how) and most don't have a particular advantage over each other.
Old 09/12/2009, 00:15   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfer25 View Post
Yes and no; These days most programming languages are similar in speed. You could use any language C, C++, C#, Java (even php if you knew how) and most don't have a particular advantage over each other.
k, alright. Thanks for making it clear for me