Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > General Gaming Discussion > Private Server
You last visited: Today at 06:46

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[HELP] Soldierfront/SpecialForce

Discussion on [HELP] Soldierfront/SpecialForce within the Private Server forum part of the General Gaming Discussion category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Exclamation [HELP] Soldierfront/SpecialForce

Total noob thread here, just asking for some knowledge.

First of all, Soldierfront (SpecialForce for every other version besides the US version), is a MMOFPS game. Since the game got out in like what, 2005/2006, people, including me got real excited on creating a private server of this game. There never was though, until a few months ago. There are 2 Specialforce private servers out there now, one in the Phillipines and one in Thailand (I think). I always thought it was impossible, but they proved me wrong. The problem now is, I have terrible ping on their servers, mainly because I'm from Europe. So I was interested on building my own private server. I wouldn't even mind if it's just local and very limited, I just want to start this project.

Okay, so I understand that MMOFPS private servers require a great internet connection, and a great PC. In both cases, I think I'll be fine. I'm not asking you guys to give me the source code or whatever, I'm just going to tell you what I know, and if you guys could link me some tutorials that might help me in my quest to create this server.

I have no idea where to start, but I do know that I have to get the source code, build a database and build a server. Since there are no public files/tutorials out there, it's going to be real tough for me. But I'm up for the challenge. Oh, and I realize that it's a dead game (that is for Europe and US only though, Asia is still very active.) It's mainly because of the Developers and the people who host the game.

Here's a little about myself.
I've hosted enough servers, for games such as GunZ and Silkroad, but I've always made them using tutorials.. so, I've done little to nothing by myself. I've tweeked around with the games though. I've done 1 year at Game Development at school, but you only learn basics in the first year. I'm currently in my second year of Web Development, and I've done some things on my own. So I do have some experience in coding.

I would like to ask you guys where I should start, what I should learn to be able to accomplish it, and some tips. I know that learning could take a long time, but I'm eager to learn lol.

I hope you guys won't flame on me, not that it will have any effect, but I've always seen this forum as a forum where everyone helps eachother.

So, thanks in advance, I'll be looking forward to your replies.

Tags
private server, soldierfront, specialforce