Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 23:40

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[FSG]Dekaron Rusaki - LMS Released

Old   #91

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 4,719
just a little information regarding that vm thing.
vmware server is different that the usual vmware workstation.
NAT and DHCP services aren't that easy if you manage them on a dedicated server without any home router or home network connection.
let's see if you're able to do all the stuff with vmware server than you're doing with vmware workstation.

a 16-gig dedicated server with quad-core cpus is able to run more than 6 vms at once.

our vms are running smooth enough. i really don't know why you're saying that everything is ****** up.

"mind your own busines"... well, this actually is my business.
i don't wanna flame or anything. it just sucks seing someone leaving to a wanna-be-community whose were sabotaging us all the time and then blaming my work.

i don't get ya. you got a vm with enough ram and enough hdd space. i set ya up the operating system and i tried to help on those security lacks. don't blame US if your server gets ****** up just like that.
neither me or dry were on your vm. i personally have enough other important things to do then ruining other people's vm.

now to the end:

this is a discussion thread! stop flaming each other. just get the things straight, and don't ***** around. constructive posts are better than simple flamings

Old   #92

elite*gold: 0
I have a Shaiya Server running on the Twenty4SevenGaming Server and I have no issues like you have described.

Our Shaiya Server is very stable, in fact so stable that people think it's more stable than the official Aeria Servers. If you don't believe me go in game and ask the users for yourself. The Monster AI is actually more responsive. And Shaiya is meant to be more Server-side intensive than Dek. And downtimes usually are only a few minutes every couple of days (we have automated the process).

We have had only around 80 players online at once so far, but Silk and Dry both advise me that my Server is still only using a very small percentage of the VM Resources.

I don't think the VM's are an issue at all in fact keep up the good work. I'm very happy with our Shaiya Server and so are our players.

Old   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum09 View Post
I have a Shaiya Server running on the Twenty4SevenGaming Server and I have no issues like you have described.

Our Shaiya Server is very stable, in fact so stable that people think it's more stable than the official Aeria Servers. If you don't believe me go in game and ask the users for yourself. The Monster AI is actually more responsive. And Shaiya is meant to be more Server-side intensive than Dek. And downtimes usually are only a few minutes every couple of days (we have automated the process).

We have had only around 80 players online at once so far, but Silk and Dry both advise me that my Server is still only using a very small percentage of the VM Resources.

I don't think the VM's are an issue at all in fact keep up the good work. I'm very happy with our Shaiya Server and so are our players.
Did i ask of your opinion sir? I do not even know you so your opinion isnt valuable...and ummm Shaiya...let me take a moment to laugh. Believe me Aeria server are much more reliable. They are not VMs. Son you do not grasp what i say when i say splitting 1 server into 6 doesnt work so well...maybe splitting it into 4 4gb servers fine. If it worked great then why is my personal pc faster at loading dekaron server files then the VM? 3.0ghz P4 with HT 2gb of ram. AND LAST ******* TIME I CHECKED THIS IS A FSG TOPIC AND DEKARON TOPIC! GET THE **** OUT! I DID NOT ******* ASK YOU HOW WELL SHAIYA RUNS.
Old   #94

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 4,719
nobody. calm down. it wasn't him who started this convo!
you started it by saying that the vm thing is ****. i guess you should let people tell their opinion if you tell yours.

the best thing is you guys just keep thinking you are the pros and everybody else is just failing at everything.
to be honest, i don't give a flying **** how much money you guys waste on overpowered server for dying gameservers like dekaron.
don't expect me to agree with your "o'mighty experiences" about virtualisation, because i'm pretty sure i got some more acknowledgments about it than you.(no offense)

little sentence to think about: you have NO idea how many gaming companies do have vm servers

-i'm out-

Old   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkbotter View Post
the best thing is you guys just keep thinking you are the pros and everybody else is just failing at everything.
to be honest, i don't give a flying **** how much money you guys waste on overpowered server for dying gameservers like dekaron.
Well said.
Old   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkbotter View Post
nobody. calm down. it wasn't him who started this convo!
you started it by saying that the vm thing is crap. i guess you should let people tell their opinion if you tell yours.

to be honest, i don't give a flying fuck how much money you guys waste on overpowered server for dying gameservers like dekaron.
don't expect me to agree with your "o'mighty experiences" about virtualisation, because i'm pretty sure i got some more acknowledgments about it than you.(no offense)

little sentence to think about: you have NO idea how many gaming companies do have vm servers

-i'm out-
But you have no IDEA how many DO NOT use VMWare. Silk. He cam in stating about shaiya. Never asked a damn thing about that game. OMG Cabal isnt dying? Omg shaiya doesnt suck? WTF? No1 said im mighty or what the fuck ever. Just saying you're running a dedi for a dead end gaming group. Just stick to what you know best...VM's. You CANNOT tell me a dedicated with the same specs as a VM runs shittier

little sentence to think about: No1 said running 2-3 vms off one machine was bad... But 6 vms just because it has 16gb ram? get REAL Also what happened when your net slow to a crawl due to the fact all VM's running at once? lol 100mbit?

Another sentence: Who said the only game we will be hosting is dekaron

END OF STORY: I left a place where i was unappreciated and unwanted got a good home..why yell at me for it? I mean cmon SaraTose got less friction for what he did. In the end..silk you're ONE of the best devs on epvp and a good guy. But this is between me and dry And this is not the topic for it, If anyone else needs to speak their mind about this, Give me a fucking pm and ill come join ya vent or wtfever and we can argue about it.
Old   #97

You were criticising the Server, and you have been given another opinion that uses the exact same Server.

I've been working with Dry, and Silk for about a month now, and was actually encouraging them to keep the Dek Server. But they way you have been acting only strengthens their decision in making a wise choice to have it decommissioned.

Your verbal insults don't carry weight and only show how much you have to learn as a professional Dev, good day sir.
Old   #98

Shows how much you know actually cause i decommissioned my own server, and wasn't insulting you but letting you know i never asked of you **** opinion.
:hands down:
Old   #99

Well of course as with all virtual machines there will be some slowdown as opposed to running something natively. The Pro's far outwiegh the con's such as isolation (One Game Server crashing won't have an impact on the other).

But I'm telling you that the Shaiya software is MORE SERVER-SIDED INTENSIVE and runs FINE on the SAME Server. I even asked the users which play on the official and they said yes it runs faster and is more stable.

So that only leaves you either mis-managing the VM, or the Dek Server S/W is not very efficient, and in that case there are many things a Dev you can do to improve that such as Re-modelling the DB with Normalization to a higher-degree.

edit:
Well anyway good luck with your future Server and all the best, this convo isn't really going anywhere and apologies to the OP for going off-topic.
Old   #100

wow serious will all of you stfu and stop acting like a buncha little kids? crying on dumb stupid situations go play dekaron get laid or something stop sounding like little girls *** grow up
Old   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjrocks20 View Post
wow serious will all of you stfu and stop acting like a buncha little kids? crying on dumb stupid situations go play dekaron get laid or something stop sounding like little girls *** grow up
+1 well said
Old   #102

The server is really good!
Old   #103

a problem

when i click to download this....it opens up a window sayin error and that page is not found...can u update the link plz?
Old   #104

Thanks
1 User
Old   #105

thankyou