Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > General Gaming Discussion > Private Server - Discussions / Questions
You last visited: Today at 18:32

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[Dragon Nest] Interested in making a team for Emu

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Smile [Dragon Nest] Interested in making a team for Emu

I have a lot of experience with Dragon Nest. I know the client in and out. I am a master translator for the game as well.

I have wanted to start a server for this game for the longest time now. All I need right now are people that are interested in joining the team. I am NOT a coder, so I won't be doing much server work other than pitching ideas and what not..

I plan to work on the Client Side, and Packet Hunting if I can get the right tools.

I do NOT have a server right now, and don't have the money to get one.. If you have one that we can use when the time comes, just let me know -- IF -- the emulator gets started!

Here are people I will need:

C++ or Java Coders - It will be up to them to decide what they would like to use to make the emulator, and will be up to them to start the code and the base for the server itself so it can start up. Most of the work will be in the hands of these coders.

Client Coders - I will need people to help translate and integrate code into the Client. They will also be in charge of making the Client work with the server, and so forth. They will also be in charge of the base of the game and making sure everything works well and that there are no crashes. They will lastly be in charge of making an exe or launcher which can launch the Private Server via the IP and so forth of the server.

Translators
- This is what I will be mainly focusing on, and have been focusing on for over a year.. These people will be translating the client and possibly even having these translations ported back into the base .pak files for the client so that it would be clean instead of being forced to have these extra pak client modifications in. The things that would need to be translated would be Quest Text, NPC Text and UIString depending on if we use the KR client which is my intention.

Packet Hunters - These people will be in charge of gathering packet data for the coders which will use those packets to create the server. They will go over the data and hand it off to the coders that would use them.

Admins - These people would be in charge of any of the other jobs depending on when or where it is needed. I will be one of those Admins, but of course won't be coding since I don't know C++ or Java sadly.

SQL Coders - These people would be involved in creating and working on the database for the server. This is another heavy duty coder job!

This is the idea so far.. Plenty can change as time goes on. I will need DEDICATED people that have some bit of experience with this. Remember that we will be making this for the love of the game, and the fact that the official hosts suck!

This game would be great as a Private Server, and I think many would agree. All I need is a team to get this going. The more experience, the better!

Please post here if you are interested. I'll get back to you in due time and we can try and figure out something to do. My main necessity right now, though, is coders to get the server base started. Once we can get a working server prototype up, we can start quickly adding to it and adding to it.

The combat system may be a challenge, but with packets it should go swimmingly.

Thanks everyone and hope we can get this going!!

PS: I do NOT have a server right now.. I am asking this so we can start getting to work ASAP since it will take us a long time. When the time comes that we do need a server, I'm sure we will get one some how.

*WE BADLY NEED CORE DEVS! PLEASE COME JOIN THE PROJECT IF YOU CAN BE A CORE DEV! AS SOON AS WE CAN GET THIS SERVER CORE UP, WE CAN START ADDING TO IT AND CREATE THE SERVER IN ENTIRITY!

THIS IS AN ENGLISH PROJECT! PLEASE BE ABLE TO SPEAK ENGLISH IF YOU WANT TO WORK ON THE PROJECT. THANK YOU!*

Old   #2

I am willing to help but Im from Phillipines.. I will do my best to help..

Old   #3

sorry its not possible xD

make a team at your side dont recruit on net or other country. . .i hope you get my point

lil advice

first of all you need to find a proj. mgr or system analyst. . so he/she will do the estimating and information gathering about dragon nest emu/client SH*t etc. haha xD and he/she will find her own team to build that server

btw its possible if you do it that way. like in granado espada. . . it started that way

hope it will be up soon dragon nest private server.. . . \m/

Proud to be PINOY >
Old   #4

I have an interested coder/hacker that can help with system analysis. We're waiting on word from this one guy that broguht up the idea, but has never replied for like 4 days now. The guy is an experienced coder and project manager. For now, I'm handling project management, but I will be handing the reigns over to him once he joins the team.

I expect that once he joins the team we can immediately start gathering packets, creating code, and getting a server prototype up. All hope lies in this one guy.

PS: This IS going to be an English server. Anyone will be welcome though, of course. Oh, and I'm sure many people from China and what not will come play as well when/if it does come up. ^^