Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 09:55

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Hosting Magic World Online (MWO) Server

Closed Thread

Old   #1066

elite*gold: 0
I'm actually working on the server for it on my site as I type this.

I'm running it on a VM running WinXP, in Win7 on a 3GHz Quad Core with 8GB DDR3 RAM.
I've got everything running, except the client version is coming up an error on logon...

Anyone got an idea how to fix it?

Edit: Think it's because of the client, and even though I downloaded parts from different places that made a whole, it didn't want to update, manually or past the 5th on the launcher, just looped.
I'm downloading different versions of the client, hopefully one will work...

If it works, we got us another PServer, and I'll probably upload the files for sharing,
if someone helps me get the client I need...

Old   #1067

Ok, so I got the server up and running, but I'm running into 2 problems.
I'm hopefully someone here still reads this, and can hopefully help me...

First problem is that drops aren't working at all, except for boxes.

That wouldn't bother me much, in fact I think it might be nice to have a server where you have to craft more, but even leathers aren't dropping.
Could someone please tell me how I can enable it to drop leathers for let's say wild and dire wolves in sky, and flax on stonesplinters and skree monsters, so I can use that example for how to do the other mats on other maps?

The other I can deal with for now, I just have to edit each and every character...
All characters start as level 52, with about every book and other things in their invo.

I pretty much just wanted it to start with just a weapon and first skill book.
Some please tell me that, too?

My main problem is the drops, so ANY help there would be appreciated!

Old   #1068

well, i want to ressurect my server, but i got my server files broken, i cant open OkCheckLogin, it exits. any idea how to fix this?
Old   #1069

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishoka303 View Post
well, i want to ressurect my server, but i got my server files broken, i cant open OkCheckLogin, it exits. any idea how to fix this?
Try running as admin ? Post error log or image and i ll see what i can do..

Old   #1070

ehh, well i didnt ran my server like 1 year so i forgot most coding things. but if i start it i can develop new levels, since i made lvl 130 cap, but it got bugged. maybe thats the error. can you upload me the files 100-1500.exe files and OkCheckLogin and LoginServer pls?

i have no copies, so i have only the files from like january, 2012
Old   #1071

Those files are more than I have:
Tell me where what files you need are (I'm still noob to MWO hosting), and I'll help you.
In return, do you have a working drop table (for more than just quest items and bosses) you can give me?

I can't play, because nothing drops, so items past sky city items can barely be found...
or made, since materials won't drop either. -_-

If you absolutely CANNOT give me a working drop table, at least help me with a drop table to assign materials to drop? -_-
Thanks!
Old   #1072

drop table thing is a file called monitem.cfg it should go in attrres/item folder server side

okchecklogin check you setup file for right ip/ports

im also working on new server with lvl cap broke and new mounts / gear etc

You must register and activate your account in order to view images.

"This have been dead "end" since beginning unfortunately .. It is sad that this great 2D game have no future even on bitcomet servers.. "

is not dead and most likly wont die any time soon, alteast in private mode. Twilight is always improving or testing new ideas, or testing new things found after hours and hours of searching chineses forums. and now mwo is wide open to those who r willing to take the time and make a good server.

"The other I can deal with for now, I just have to edit each and every character...
All characters start as level 52, with about every book and other things in their invo."

to fix this issue in server file go to script/lua_function/login.lua this file gives you the things to get when you login after create char or give you the lvl ( in this case lvl 52)
Thanks
4 Users
Old   #1073

But could you please either share your montitem.cfg and/or tell me how I can add the items to it? Thanks!
Old   #1074

atm there is no why to edit them unless u hex them in a hex editor however there is tools that does edit it but they r in chineses and very hard to understnad how to use

far as mine i cant because it is hexed for twilight items and most likey u dont have them so when they drop it will error the server.

i will upload the tools when i figure them out or u could search chinese forums for them with google. they r out there
Old   #1075

Please upload whatever I could use:
Or I don't mind hexing, if it's pretty straightforward with how it works
(in other words, are templates needed to translate it?)
Old   #1076

Thanks
1 User
Old   #1077

Gah, went to download it, but it says the domain is down! T_T
Old   #1078

One...the cfg file is very tricky to mess with....two you need the right tool for it and as roger said they are chinese and goodluck to people who want to translate to english and use..Also for those that post **** comments not mentioning names as this post shouldnt be deleted when no ones beeing accused ....Work on your own server and dont cry like a kid by saying you quit and so on ****....then come on here and moan about updates of twilight when it is not your concern.....you learnt how to hex gc to 130 im proud of you...but ill say this once...just a month ago your post was you cant login...lmaoo..
some people just dont learn and jealousy bites them...

This forum is for helping people....throw your tantrums all you like but you are far behind now...(Twilight 5.5) Sick!

5UP3R
Old   #1079

i gotta thank nerthz and his team for really coming through with this..i've been on a few pservers and i gotta say...he have the best one...on the other hand..i know alot of u want his files....but u gotta understand htey put in alot of work and they cant just hand em over on a silver platter..once again....well done Twilight team!!!.
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #1080

Closed Thread