Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > General Gaming Discussion > Private Server > Private Server Advertising
You last visited: Today at 11:03

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

The Rebirth - Classic World of Warcraft, zero cost/no donation server

Discussion on The Rebirth - Classic World of Warcraft, zero cost/no donation server within the Private Server Advertising forum part of the Private Server category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
The Rebirth - Classic World of Warcraft, zero cost/no donation server

Hey folks, I am a 60 warrior on The Rebirth, and I'd like to invite you to join us! There is active raiding on both factions, and we're currently advertising to get the population boosted up.

It's a pre-TBC server at patch 1.12.1 (from late 2006) with NO DONATIONS (totally free). Relive classic WoW from 2005-6! It also has excellent scripting with very few bugs; I can honestly say it really is like playing the original game.

Plus, The Rebirth is run by a guy with deep, deep pockets and he's very dedicated to it; it will be around for a long time to come. I feel very comfortable that my hard work won't be wasted by an unexpected server closure (always a threat on private servers).

Come join us! Here are the install instructions:

Check out a cool video about the server (it's player-made and not an official promo vid, but I like it):

FAQ:
Q: Are there any voting rewards or other ways for people to "buy" their way to victory?
A: Nope, you need to earn everything the old fashioned way. Hard work and skill are the only ways to get the good gear!

Q: Is it plagued by the bugs that ruin many lower-quality private servers?
A: No, The Rebirth is probably the most bug-free private server around. Is it perfect? Of course not, but it's about as close as private servers get. The staff have fixed many of the most annoying little issues that really detract from most private servers.

Q: What about monster and pet pathing? Hardly any private servers have true pathing and monsters are always getting stuck, running through walls and obstacles, and having lots of nasty line-of-sight issues.
A: The Rebirth is one of the first, if not THE first, to implement Movemaps, which allows for extremely good pathing. Essentially, the models are entirely 3D instead of the base 2D in the stock private server core (which is what remains on nearly all other private servers). That's my understanding of them; I'm not a dev (just a player) so I probably missed some of the finer points.

Q: How is the leveling experience? I know a lot of servers have insta-60 and ignore the lower dungeons and quests.
A: The lower level content is 99% perfect. Freakyuno (server admin) and company have really focused on making the leveling experience enjoyable. All lower level dungeons and quests are scripted to be completely blizzlike (meaning: as it was in retail in 2006).

Q: Why can't I get instant levels or increased experience like most private servers? Leveling takes so long!
A: Freaky and the staff are dedicated to recreating the Classic WoW experience exactly. It's a moral imperative, and they will not be swayed. On the BRIGHT side, the guaranteed longevity of The Rebirth means your work will not be wasted. It may take you an extra 6 days of leveling time, but then your 20 days of end-game gear gathering and money-making won't be wiped out when a server admin decides (s)he's had enough and quits.

Q: I live in Europe and lots of US-based servers are too laggy for me. Will The Rebirth be laggy for me?
A: Nope! The Rebirth has three servers, including one in France. Our Europe-based players report extremely fast response rates.

Q: I logged in and there are less than 100 people on. Boo.
A: Hey, that's not a question! Well, The Rebirth is a lower-population server at the moment, but there are enough people that we have a good, close-knit community. We are looking to expand, though, and that's why I'm posting here! So if you're willing to give it some time, it'll be worth it. And we'd like your help with advertising and bringing your friends, too.

Q: How are the forums? I need a place to shoot the stuff while I'm at work.
A: The forums are great! Lots of interesting people trading ideas and shooting the breeze. There are some arsehats, but we love them, too. They may be bastids, but they're OUR bastids.

Q: Is it really free?
A: Yes, it's entirely free.

Q: REALLY?
A: Yep! No hidden fees, no begging for donations, no luxury-item shop, no nothing. Freaky won't even take your money, so leave your wallet at home.

Q: When can I start playing??
A: NOW! Come join us at The Rebirth and relive WoW the way it was meant to be played!
Old 07/24/2012, 20:37   #2

tooo good to be true
Old 07/25/2012, 03:36   #3

It's true, though it might seem too good to believe!

Been playing there since November '11 and it's very very close to retail Vanilla from 2006. Not perfect, as I mentioned above, but much better than the other private servers I've tried, and the no donation thing is really unique.

The server admin, Freakyuno, is researching for a new MMO his company will be creating, for which he's one of the lead devs (if not THE lead dev). He's financing this out of his own pockets (he's pretty loaded, from my understanding).

He's stated several times that the server will be around for a long long time, and that there will never be any cost/donations.

Hope you give it a try!
Old 07/25/2012, 18:37   #4

Sounds pretty cool, although i hate the blizzlike rates, why not at least 2x, it wouldnd change anything except less grinding. Anyway i will try it out.
Old 07/26/2012, 14:32   #5

Yeah there's a lot of discussion about the 1x rates on the forums, but the server admin has never wavered that the goal is a 100% blizzlike experience including rates, so all the discussion is moot. We sometimes have 2x weekends, though (not quite sure how that fits into the philosophy, but they happen), so maybe you'll luck out and there'll be one soon.

Also, as someone who played for half a year on another server (Archaica, which allowed character transfers) only to have it close down, I really appreciate the fact that Freaky is dedicated to keeping The Rebirth open for the long term. I'd rather spend a few extra days of /played leveling with the knowledge that it won't end up being wasted than go to a server whose admin might decide to close next month and waste all my efforts.

Hope you enjoy it, and bring your friends! Once we get a few more people online, it will feel even more Blizzlike!
Old 03/22/2014, 19:51   #6

Necro! Wanted to note that The Rebirth is still going strong, with a few improvements. It's now cloud-based with great ping times around the world and minimal ddos risk. It's also averaging between 200-350 players around the clock, so the population has grown and continues to get better. Come join the fun!

The website is being ddos'd (as are many private servers), so your best bet is to join the Facebook page and post that you'd like an account to be created:

Tags
private server, the rebirth, vanilla, warcraft, wow