Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 17:17

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Donation system suggestion for pservers

Discussion on Donation system suggestion for pservers within the Private Server Advertising forum part of the Private Server category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Donation system suggestion for pservers

Hey guys, I have a suggestion for the donation system for pservers

As many of you guys know, the most popular way of DK servers to reward donations is through coins, but that puts non-donators at a disadvantage.

What I suggest is that you make a new currency for the game, like in Seireitei RO. They have 3 and a half types of currencies, Soul Coins, which are farmed in the "treasure room", the fastest way to kill the mob that drops em is 4-5 seconds minimum, and the drop rate is 100%

The next is hollow coin, could be farmed inside the castle dungeons (woe castles). The mobs in the castle dungeons drop soul vouchers, and every 5 soul voucher could be traded into the npc for 1 hollow coin

and last but not least, the Sacred Coin, for every $1 you donate you get the sacred coin, which in turn could be used to buy costumes (with stat increase ofc)

Trade rate
250 soul coin = 1 hollow coins
35 hollow coins = 1 sacred coin

These coins could be used to trade for cards, custom equips, weps and etc

So there you go, i hope someone would implement a system like that in one of the dekaron private servers, and its a really good system imo, doesnt put non-donators at a great disadvantage
Old 06/03/2009, 16:41   #2

interesting idea, seems you have put a lot of thought into this
Old 06/03/2009, 16:53   #3

u have to know edit a lots of files.
if u r not pro hacker dont try...
Old 06/03/2009, 17:36   #4

in 2moons it's easy

coins will be vouchers...
only change drop and drop rate

rabble voucher = easy
common
baron
duke
arc

those are the other vouchers ^^ it is easy to change em at Gm event or so...

Btw: Hello fellow Bleach Fan
Old 06/04/2009, 00:08   #5

though this was not originally my idea, this was an explanation of how they do it in SeireiteiRO, a bleach themed ragnarok server. I just wanted to share new ideas in donation rewards. I myself can rarely donate for servers as I have no paypal account and what not. And i find it difficult to play DK servers without coins, so I'm hoping for a really good server that offers the coins for dil instead of $$ from donation rewards

This donation reward system really works great in SeireiteiRO, they run the server with non-donators in mind.

As for the implementation in DK servers, the voucher idea sounds good, make the voucher tradeable, lets say the 3 lowest vouchers. Turn 2 of the rarely used maps in DK pservers into one of the Voucher maps where the vouchers will be dropped.

The mobs in the easiest voucher map would have moderate hp,attack, etc, enough to be killed by early players. The mobs would be abundant with constant spawn times

The second voucher map would have a stronger mobs, enough to make parties a slight necessity for easier farming, but still solo-able. Moderate number of mobs with constant spawn time of 5 minutes per mob, or depending on how many mobs would be implemented

and last but not the least, the third voucher would be a donation reward, which can in turn be traded for high end items. Lets say, change the items in the exchange centers (for crepso and 90 dp in real server) into custom items but non too over powered.

This was just a quick thought, I thought of it as I was writing my reply lol.
Old 06/04/2009, 14:40   #6

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 1,546
It`s a great idea,but I don`t think anyone holding a private server is able to edit and implement this.
More events with coin prizes should be good enough
Old 06/06/2009, 10:41   #7

well, DK-Mostwanted was able to edit the exchange centers, they added the legendary weps in it and T4 helms and everything in exchange for obsidians or fishes

in mostwanted, they put the A6 transformed char mobs in a certain area and they dropped the obsidian