Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Nostale
You last visited: Today at 02:57

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Whant to dig deeper into Nostale modding, what should I watch out for?

Discussion on Whant to dig deeper into Nostale modding, what should I watch out for? within the Nostale forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Whant to dig deeper into Nostale modding, what should I watch out for?

Hey,

I play the game for a realy long time now and pretty much since day one I wanted to dig deeper into the code and to modify the game in a none harmfull (for any other players) way. But I always was scared to make a mistake and get banned.

As of now I am a lot more experienced in programming (in general, sadly no modding experience) and finally want to fullfill my urge.

I started by creating 'realistic' vms and connecting via VPNs. Which was harder than I expected, because Gameforge vpn block, but I managed to get a undetected connection via NordVPN. Only problem is I really disliked NordVPN and their heavy software.

After stumbling around for a bit and remembering why I hate anything networking related (I created my own vpn, but sadly all ips of the hoster were blocked by gameforge) I decided to ask here for your experience and tipps.

Couple questions are:

- Does the client even check for any moddifications of the code (dll injection, etc)?
- Does the client check userinput and the origin (mouse movement, event origin, etc)?
- How do you hide your ips or do you even?
- Any further tipps to protect my main account are welcome.

Thanks a lot and sorry If my thread is a duplicate.

(Antworten auch gerne in Deutsch c: )
Old 03/20/2024, 19:18   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimativLunzer View Post
Couple questions are:

- Does the client even check for any moddifications of the code (dll injection, etc)?

No, there is no client side anticheat in place at all.

- Does the client check userinput and the origin (mouse movement, event origin, etc)?
No, there is no client side anticheat in place at all.
Well if you don´t cheat, why should you ? If they detect it they maybe ban you for Proxy use.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/20/2024, 19:30   #3

elite*gold: 110

No they doesn't

no

u don't need

nothing to do just don't send random packets to the server or use a private server to do ur things
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/21/2024, 01:59   #4

Ist das nicht eindeutig? Du kannst den Client ganz normal ohne Launcher starten. Ein Beweis dafür, dass er nicht mit dem Update-Launcher verbunden ist.

Ein weiterer Beweis dafür ist, wenn du irgendeine Datei aus deinem NosTale Ordner löscht grob gesagt. Hätte der Client da irgendeine Verbindung zum Launcher, dann würde der Update Launcher eine automatische "Reperatur" durchführen, wenn du versuchst den Client zu starten.

Ich weiß zwar nicht was der Launcher genau tut. Aber es wird etwa so in der Art von ablaufen: "

Startet man den Launcher überprüft er den NosTale Ordner auf die Versionsnummer.

danach "patcht" bzw. lädt der Launcher neuere Updates herunter. Im Sinne von

Version 1.0 entdeckt

lädt neueres runter

setzt auf Version 2.0

lädt neueres runter

usw.

bis zur aktuellen Version eben.

Andere Sachen im Ordner werden ignoriert dabei.

"
Old 03/21/2024, 13:12   #5

Thanks for all the answers and help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feuerdrachenzauber View Post
Ist das nicht eindeutig? Du kannst den Client ganz normal ohne Launcher starten. Ein Beweis dafür, dass er nicht mit dem Update-Launcher verbunden ist.
"
Auch danke für deine Infos. Sollche Sachen habe ich bis gestern nie probiert. Das Problem wenn man an eine Blackbox ran geht ist, dass man ja vom schlimmsten ausgesehen muss (wenn man sicher gehen möchte, dass mit den mains nichts passiert). Das dauert natürlich lange und ist auch sehr aufwendig, wenn man so unerfahren ist (wie ich es in dem Bereich bin). Mir war von anfang an bewusst, dass Gameforge wahrscheinlich so ziemlich nichts implementiert hat, aber sicher konnte ich mir ja nicht sein. Deswegen dachte ich, dass ich einfach mal hier frage