Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Nostale
You last visited: Today at 18:33

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Nostale widgets and more

Discussion on Nostale widgets and more within the Nostale forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 06/11/2022, 18:26   #16

elite*gold: 0
Hello, your version is 3169 (Right click on NostaleClientX.exe, Details) while the supported version is 3175 (see: )
That was the same issue for ~Teiko~, two messages above

And you are right, it is a pattern issues (actually, 2) but not only
Old 06/15/2022, 17:14   #17

elite*gold: 237
Received Thanks: 1,199
When i try to inject the dll, nothing happens. Atleast a console window should pop up, i guess?
Old 06/15/2022, 17:28   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by _RowLegend_ View Post
When i try to inject the dll, nothing happens. Atleast a console window should pop up, i guess?
Hello, you need to inject into NostaleClientX.exe for now, an update is coming in few time that will require to replace EWSF.EWS in Nostale directory by the DLL.

I was planning on making a post about what has been changed with the in coming update, so here we are:
- Fixed a bug with SpyHpMp for the group (the order was not always respected)
- Added all defaults wings (thanks @)
- Fixed a bug on the packet manager (it was not possible to send/receive packet) (thanks @, @)
- Improved rarity customisation (rarity text was by default (R9 = "neutral" for example), rarity color is now configurable too) :
- Added the possibility to change the default range for talking with npc (also possible to change at runtime)
- Is now automatically started by Nostale by renaming it EWSF.EWS
Thanks
6 Users
Old 07/10/2022, 20:10   #19

Hello,

Today Github Desktop wanted to bug my repository, so I had to make some modifications on the repo itself - every forks/starts/watchs have been removed.
Since those who starred it won't have any notification, here we are, until the last post:
- Fixed every patterns for 3176 (so you can now have the skill cooldown natively)
- Fixed issue with wings/auras:
- Finished (it is now possible to add effect on armor too)
- Fixed some bugs not detailed in issues

Next features to come are the addition of a cryptography on top of the game cryptography (to avoid external sniffer) and improvements of the Discord manager
Thanks
4 Users
Old 10/29/2022, 13:23   #20

Hello, I have an issue: when I try to inject PacketLogger.dll while the SDK is injected in the client (Via EWSF.DLL), my game crashes instantly.
Any resolution for this?
Old 10/29/2022, 15:32   #21

There are no easy solution.
Option 1, require modification of the packetlogger source code: do not hook the send/receive onSend/onReceive functions from the game but from this DLL.
Option 2, require modification of the nostale widget project source code: same idea, but the other way around
Option 3, the better imo: create an internal packetlogger with the widget API

I am probably forgetting some ideas, but those are the options coming on top of my head and I can not think of an easier one at the moment
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/30/2022, 11:12   #22

I have few more questions:
1) How can I hide the console when the game gets booted and make the 'loading screen appear'?
2) Is there any tip on how to make a 'box' have 'item' in it? Like the original upgrading window that can contain an equipment with drag and drop inside the empty box and then show the item inside it or inventories that contain item icons
Old 10/30/2022, 17:31   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiamma00 View Post
I have few more questions:
1) How can I hide the console when the game gets booted and make the 'loading screen appear'?
2) Is there any tip on how to make a 'box' have 'item' in it? Like the original upgrading window that can contain an equipment with drag and drop inside the empty box and then show the item inside it or inventories that contain item icons
1)
Hiding console:
In main.cpp, find this function:
Code:
void InitLogger()
{
    Logger::Load();
    Logger::IndentModuleName("   ");
}
and change it for
Code:
void InitLogger(){}
2)
Re-enabling the splashscreen:
It is a bit tricky, you will need to override your ClientModding inherited class:
- OnShowNostaleSplash: you show the splashscreen
- OnFreeNostaleSplash: you hide the splashscreen
What you need to do if you just want the "original" behaviour, is to call the function from the original EWSF.EWS, you can see an explanation here:
But the simplest would be to change
extern "C" __declspec(dllexport) void __declspec(naked) ShowNostaleSplash()
and
extern "C" __declspec(dllexport) void __declspec(naked) FreeNostaleSplash()
from main.cpp (not the recommanded way, but well, you will probably be able to improve based on that)

By :
Code:
extern "C" __declspec(dllexport) void __declspec(naked) FreeNostaleSplash() noexcept
{
    __asm
    {
        pushad;
        pushfd;
    }
    example->OnFreeNostaleSplash();
    th = new std::thread([]
    {
        MainThread(hModule);
    });
    th->detach();
    __asm
    {
        popfd;
        popad;
        jmp freeNostaleSplash
    }
}
and
Code:
extern "C" __declspec(dllexport) void __declspec(naked) ShowNostaleSplash()
{
    __asm
    {
        pushad;
        pushfd;
    }
    InitLogger();

HMODULE origEwsf = LoadLibraryA("EWSF_orig.dll");
    freeNostaleSplash = GetProcAddress(origEwsf , "FreeNostaleSplash");
    showNostaleSplash = GetProcAddress(origEwsf , "ShowNostaleSplash");

example = new Example(config);
    example->OnShowNostaleSplash();
    __asm
    {
        popfd;
        popad;
        jmp showNostaleSplash
    }
}
You will obviously need to define the two functions pointer, so at the top of main.cpp, add
Code:
FARPROC freeNostaleSplash, showNostaleSplash;
2)
There are no tips and it is not easily doable with the current API - I might add something to help with that later on
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/29/2022, 20:36   #24

elite*gold: 24
Deleted
Old 01/15/2023, 21:39   #25

I will release a huge update in few weeks (1~2 months I guess), meanwhile you will find in this post: a link to some more complexe features which I think can be great examples (trophy system, scrollbar, handles packet, change official behaviour...)
Thanks
6 Users
Old 04/16/2023, 01:25   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apourtartt View Post
I will release a huge update in few weeks (1~2 months I guess), meanwhile you will find in this post: a link to some more complexe features which I think can be great examples (trophy system, scrollbar, handles packet, change official behaviour...)
Hi mate,
I would like to say I love your project. I've been having fun with that for a while now.
I wanna ask - any ETA for a new version release? Someone told me that you were planning to rewrite big part of the code (mostly packet management) and I wonder if there is any ETA for that update.

anyway - thanks for the release!
Old 04/30/2023, 23:50   #27

elite*gold: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by wargen20 View Post
Hi mate,
I would like to say I love your project. I've been having fun with that for a while now.
I wanna ask - any ETA for a new version release? Someone told me that you were planning to rewrite big part of the code (mostly packet management) and I wonder if there is any ETA for that update.

anyway - thanks for the release!
Well, nobody have answered you so I'll, he haven't got time to work on it past month so as well as there is no ETA, there is no date of release, not even sure it come out one day
Old 01/20/2024, 23:59   #28

Quote:
Seems like this "huge update" never went live
To clarify a bit, me and a friend were working for few months on an already public server and therefore we added a lot of features/classes to the SDK but we ran into some limitations: there are a lot of things that should be reworked.
I don't want to publish the SDK in its current form, even though I heard some leechers were trying to sell some things I did for this SDK (typically, the trophy thing etc).

I am sending this message for two things:
1) the future of this project
2) to ask you for feedback, future testing, mostly community questions

1) The SDK will now be decomposed in multiple parts:
  • An API decomposed:
    • A low level layer - which basically represents the memory layout - that is used internally but that can also be used by you, especially when modifying something already existing
    • A higher level layer - which uses the low level layer - that will be the recommended layer to use, when creating a new widget
    • A module mechanism: you can create plugins that will be automatically managed by the inner "runtime". The goal is: you code the UI (or generate, cf. below), you code the logic of the UI, you ignore the rest)
    • A huge documentation, that will come way later (we want to make the new architecture stable enough before writing it)
  • A website containing:
    • A Widget Builder (we started this project few days ago) that allows you to draw the UI you want, with the assets you want, which generates all the UI code, which is (as far as I know) the main issue people add, working with my SDK. Think of it as Qt Creator, or the GUI designer for C#/VB.net, or Figma. We are thinking of making this a "premium" feature (in the sense that it will not be available freely)
    • A marketplace, where plugin (can be widget, can be an invisible feature, ...) creators can sell their creation code. We plan to add an audit mechanism to prevent bad people from attacking your server (even though you would have access to the code anyway). We are looking for suggestion on how to prevent leechers to get a plugin and share it, if you have any idea please feel free obligated to share it here!
    • Possibly, later on, more tooling (we have some amazing (we think) ideas, but we lack of time and hands

Regarding the current features such as the "NpcTalkRangeManager", "DiscordManager", ... Will become widgets available (freely) on the marketplace, meaning that the SDK itself will be a lot simpler, leaving us the time and energy to iterate and improve it. It also means that, for the game widgets, functionnalities per se, we will rely on you (ex: you created a nice clock? Come on the marketplace, share it freely, or share it with a fee).

2) For this part, I will ask questions and hope to have answers (please, if you ever tried/successfully created a widget, share with me your answer - users' answers are also appreciated, obviously).
  1. What were the biggest pains you experienced, while using the SDK?
  2. Were you able to compile it easily? (e.g. was reading the README.MD enough?)
  3. Were some players unable to run the game, while using the project you compiled with the SDK? Were you able to solve it? (If so, please describe how)
  4. Are there core features that you are interested in? By core features, I mean "blocks" that can be used to create other things (e.g. The widgets classes, ...), or stuff that deserves (should!) to be present on every private servers (like the possibility to add a custom cryptography for the packets but also for the game files, ...) - Features that we should not expect to see on the marketplace, basically.
  5. If you own a private server, would you be able to test new versions of the SDK?
  6. If you own a private server, would you be able to test community's plugins (from the marketplace) when we are auditing one?
  7. Would you be interested in the Widget builder?
  8. Would you be interested in the marketplace?
  9. Are you interested in a Discord group for everything (the SDK, the website)?
  10. I probably forgot interesting points, please, feel free to give your feedback on whatever you think is important
Thanks
7 Users
Old 01/21/2024, 00:21   #29

Quote:
Seems like this "huge update" never went live
To clarify a bit, me and a friend were working for few months on an already public server and therefore we added a lot of features/classes to the SDK but we ran into some limitations: there are a lot of things that should be reworked.
I don't want to publish the SDK in its current form, even though I heard some leechers were trying to sell some things I did for this SDK (typically, the trophy thing etc).

I am sending this message for two things:
1) the future of this project
2) to ask you for feedback, future testing, mostly community questions

1) The SDK will now be decomposed in multiple parts:
  • An API decomposed:
    • A low level layer - which basically represents the memory layout - that is used internally but that can also be used by you, especially when modifying something already existing
    • A higher level layer - which uses the low level layer - that will be the recommended layer to use, when creating a new widget
    • A module mechanism: you can create plugins that will be automatically managed by the inner "runtime". The goal is: you code the UI (or generate, cf. below), you code the logic of the UI, you ignore the rest)
    • A huge documentation, that will come way later (we want to make the new architecture stable enough before writing it)
  • A website containing:
    • A Widget Builder (we started this project few days ago) that allows you to draw the UI you want, with the assets you want, which generates all the UI code, which is (as far as I know) the main issue people add, working with my SDK. Think of it as Qt Creator, or the GUI designer for C#/VB.net, or Figma. We are thinking of making this a "premium" feature (in the sense that it will not be available freely)
    • A marketplace, where plugin (can be widget, can be an invisible feature, ...) creators can sell their creation code. We plan to add an audit mechanism to prevent bad people from attacking your server (even though you would have access to the code anyway). We are looking for suggestion on how to prevent leechers to get a plugin and share it, if you have any idea please feel free obligated to share it here!
    • Possibly, later on, more tooling (we have some amazing (we think) ideas, but we lack of time and hands

Regarding the current features such as the "NpcTalkRangeManager", "DiscordManager", ... Will become widgets available (freely) on the marketplace, meaning that the SDK itself will be a lot simpler, leaving us the time and energy to iterate and improve it. It also means that, for the game widgets, functionnalities per se, we will rely on you (ex: you created a nice clock? Come on the marketplace, share it freely, or share it with a fee).

2) For this part, I will ask questions and hope to have answers (please, if you ever tried/successfully created a widget, share with me your answer - users' answers are also appreciated, obviously).
  3. Were some players unable to run the game, while using the project you compiled with the SDK? Were you able to solve it? (If so, please describe how)
  4. Are there core features that you are interested in? By core features, I mean "blocks" that can be used to create other things (e.g. The widgets classes, ...), or stuff that deserves (should!) to be present on every private servers (like the possibility to add a custom cryptography for the packets but also for the game files, ...) - Features that we should not expect to see on the marketplace, basically.
  5. If you own a private server, would you be able to test new versions of the SDK?
  6. If you own a private server, would you be able to test community's plugins (from the marketplace) when we are auditing one?
  10. I probably forgot interesting points, please, feel free to give your feedback on whatever you think is important
    Most of what I've experienced is not strictly related to the SDK itself. There are a few important classes (widgets' strucutres) missing, and to my amazing luck, I intended to work with those missing ones.
    Yes. I only had a problem starting the game once. But it only happened because I forgot to copy a discord library into the freshly installed nostale client folder.
    I have only tested it myself. Never had a problem of this kind.
    In my opinion everything except basic stuff like simple packet management (which will be the core of course), basic discord rpc, clock with time & channel should be added in the marketplace. The features I described above are the most basic and I don't think more of them will really be needed. You wanted to make the new SDK useful for official servers as well. I don't think more features would be great for both - official and private servers.
    Maybe a rich raid damage counter with real-time damage graphs would be great...but I don't think it should be considered a core feature. You can make it premium and make a lot of money from it.
    I will beg for all the updates on discord. You can keep my word on that
    Same as above.
    I love the fact that you are bored with Golang for now. Keep working with the SDK!

Amazing work. As I tell you almost every day, I can't stop admiring you.
I can't wait to see the results of your work (sign me up for the alpha of alpha tests ).
Thanks
2 Users
Old 04/15/2024, 21:20   #30

Who knows what this widget is called which is displayed under the Sp-Points under (I'm talking about the Eat-buff system widget)