Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Nostale > Nostale PServer Advertising
You last visited: Today at 21:47

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Official] Eastmile Server

Discussion on [Official] Eastmile Server within the Nostale PServer Advertising forum part of the Nostale category.

Old 03/25/2021, 15:36   #151

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Teiko~ View Post
After someone leaked your "mistake" you are sorry , but you dosent feeled a sorry before you program your "best anticheat"
"20 Hacker accounts" never seen such a bullshit lie
u should go in prison + ban in epvp
Just read my answer before.
Old 03/25/2021, 15:39   #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSalu View Post
It isn't malware if it's objective is to find out and block hacks, only is executed for the few seconds before the auto-ban for hack using, and no any of the obtained data is used for anything that could harm the user, neither get access to his computer.

"malware: software that is specifically designed to disrupt, damage, or gain unauthorized access to a computer system."

Also, some other anti-cheat systems do just the same thing, for example, Osu! used to do this practice on his client some years ago, they had the same issue with his users complaining for his privacy, and they removed the system. (Look at peppy's answer)
I didn't give you access to take screeshots of my computer so you are basically ``Gaining unauthorized access to a computer system``
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/25/2021, 15:40   #153

elite*gold: 100
The Black Market: 269/0/0
Quote:
It isn't malware if it's objective is to find out and block hacks, only is executed for the few seconds before the auto-ban for hack using, and no any of the obtained data is used for anything that could harm the user, neither get access to his computer.

"malware: software that is specifically designed to disrupt, damage, or gain unauthorized access to a computer system."

Also, some other anti-cheat systems do just the same thing, for example, Osu! used to do this practice on his client some years ago, they had the same issue with his users complaining for his privacy, and they removed the system. (Look at peppy's answer)
Mister, I am trying to explain for dummy dummy:

Taking screenshot WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION of the player/user -> unauthorized access -> NO GOOD NO!

Malware -> unauthorized access -> NO GOOD! NO GOOD MISTER

So we add an apple and a pen Malware unauthorized access with unauthorized screenshots and we get equality. Equality means it is the same.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/25/2021, 15:42   #154

Quote:
You get screenshot from users computer. That is not a malware?

You don't even get no authorization for do that -.-

Stop with this bullshit
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/25/2021, 15:44   #155

elite*gold: 98
Received Thanks: 1,726
Quote:

You still do not admit that what you are doing is definitely what a malware could do ? Your players never gave their consent of you taking screenshots nor they did give their consent to let you try to find hacks on their computer.
In the sentence you are quoting, there is written "unauthorized access", who authorized you to take these screenshots and more than anything STORE THEM on your servers that was easily breached?
The fact Osu! used the same kind of mechanisms does not change the ethically disgusting practice of violating your users privacy
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/25/2021, 15:54   #156

It was unauthorised, but not gaining access to their systems. It didn't have a mal-intent, so it doesn't fit in any way with "malware" definition.

However, I guess I have to repeat on every message I write, I'm regret, I'm sorry, I already fixed this mistake.
Old 03/25/2021, 15:55   #157

Quote:
I can give source code proofs to this forum moderators of everything in Eastmile is 100% respecting our user's privacy right now.
Hey guys, I can give you proof that my server is now respecting our users privacy, but before being exposed? nah, If they don't catch me I would still be doing it.
If you didn't let the users know about how ur "anticheat" being intrusive It's literally malware and you shouldn't be able to be on EPVP and promote Eastmile here.
Old 03/25/2021, 16:01   #158

Quote:
You are supposed to find other way than using some kind of malware to gather informations about what players are using to cheat/hack or modify their clients with third part programs. Always you can find a better way than using players screen to solve your problems with it.

Epvp statements are really clear in this way since you are taking personal informations (GDPR statement - you should at least have written somewhere on your website that you will not sell, gather and use any personal informations from anyone) by kind of "malwave" and I'm wondering why this thread is not locked or moderated in otherway.

Salu I would also say to you.... You already lost your battle so it would be better to do not add more things to this thread since you will make it worse.
Old 03/25/2021, 16:09   #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by AthalCZ View Post
You are supposed to find other way than using some kind of malware to gather informations about what players are using to cheat/hack or modify their clients with third part programs. Always you can find a better way than using players screen to solve your problems with it.

Epvp statements are really clear in this way since you are taking personal informations (GDPR statement - you should at least have written somewhere on your website that you will not sell, gather and use any personal informations from anyone) by kind of "malwave" and I'm wondering why this thread is not locked or moderated in otherway.

Salu I would also say to you.... You already lost your battle so it would be better to do not add more things to this thread since you will make it worse.
I wont stop answering to clarify every information given without enough context or just even trying to harm me and my project.

Some people is trying to make me look like a criminar who stole bank accounts when the reality is I was just usign a too intrusive anticheats system which has already be disabled, howerver, as I already said hundred times, Im regret for using that intrusive system and nothing similar will happen again.
Old 03/25/2021, 16:19   #160

Quote:
I wont stop answering to clarify every information given without enough context or just even trying to harm me and my project.

Some people is trying to make me look like a criminar who stole bank accounts when the reality is I was just usign a too intrusive anticheats system which has already be disabled, howerver, as I already said hundred times, Im regret for using that intrusive system and nothing similar will happen again.
To be honest you are harming yourself when you are trying to solve this by argumenting with people. People are really sensitive to personal informations and you exactly didn't know about it and that was the main reason what is going on here.

I don't know why you tried to gather informations with using this kind of "malware" (still a malware thing) to gather screenshots from players who are actually using a things like packet loggers. Or you just were curious what packets they are using to fix them?

Anything doesn't make sense since you will fight here and say " I did a good think, please do not blame me. ". You showed it and people don't have reasons to trust you. Thats a life boy and you just made it by yourself.

Once you used it people won't believe you anymore because you will become untrustful.
Old 03/25/2021, 16:22   #161

elite*gold: 100
The Black Market: 269/0/0
Quote:
Some people is trying to make me look like a criminar who stole bank accounts
Can you proof that you didn't? I don't think so? It is possible that someone had his browser opened to recheck is password. Proof us that you didn't stole any bank accounts.

Despite the whole unauthorized screenshotting **** ofc.
Old 03/25/2021, 16:27   #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by AthalCZ View Post
To be honest you are harming yourself when you are trying to solve this by argumenting with people. People are really sensitive to personal informations and you exactly didn't know about it and that was the main reason what is going on here.

I don't know why you tried to gather informations with using this kind of "malware" (still a malware thing) to gather screenshots from players who are actually using a things like packet loggers. Or you just were curious what packets they are using to fix them?

Anything doesn't make sense since you will fight here and say " I did a good think, please do not blame me. ". You showed it and people don't have reasons to trust you. Thats a life boy and you just made it by yourself.

Once you used it people won't believe you anymore because you will become untrustful.
Let them decide if they will trust us or not now, I already explained why was this system in use, how it wasn't hurtful for our players in any way (only 20~ hackers account affected, not for trying to use packetlogger since trying to do that only kicked you, but other cheats), and it would hurt me more if I don't answer to anyone and just let people think I'm the criminar some people are trying to make me look, just for using an intrusive anticheat.
Old 03/25/2021, 16:29   #163

Received Thanks: 1,024
Quote:

As it was said earlier and countless times, the fact that you have malicious intentions or not doesn't change the fact that you still had code that could potentially run on every of your player's client that could take a screenshot.

It might not seem that big of a deal, but even if not many people were affected, it is still a malware, whether you like that word or not. You gave the definition yourself, being able to take screenshots using system calls without the agreement of your players is kind of an unauthorized access.

Even if you apologized to your players, like you did when your database leaked, the facts are still here and it goes against the rules of this forum and more importantly, it goes against any kind of ethics.

You can say you got advised badly, but yeah:

- You're the administrator of the server
- You're the developer
- You have responsibility in what you're doing

If I rob a bank, I won't just get away with it because I said I was badly advised by my friends. (Even though the comparison doesn't really stand up to what you did, it's just an example)

You're really lucky that Morsisko found it and didn't use it for malicious purposes. This allowed players to know that there is a MASSIVE security breach that could POTENTIALLY harm their privacy. And even though you're saying NosWings used it as a "marketting strategy" for their server, don't forget that Morsisko is not even part of NosWings Team.

I don't really have anything personnal against you, because I don't give a crap about other servers as long as mine thrives, but as I see it, even though you apologized doesn't make it ok to blame other servers for something that is your doing.

Pavey Cesar
Thanks
3 Users
Old 03/25/2021, 16:31   #164

Quote:
just for using an intrusive anticheat.
Do you even realize how ridiculous that sounds?
Also i wouldnt call it "not hurtful" having people's full desktops, youtube profiles, LoL clients with friend lists, or private discord servers open. There were more things like that on those screenshots x)
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/25/2021, 16:35   #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kravos View Post
Can you proof that you didn't? I don't think so? It is possible that someone had his browser opened to recheck is password. Proof us that you didn't stole any bank accounts.

Despite the whole unauthorized screenshotting **** ofc.
You downloaded the screenshots, right? Show proofs of them had any kind of sensitive informations from bank accounts for first. Then, if it would exists, why the **** would i want to do such a thing when it's insta jail? It's even pointless to answer this kind of messages.