Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Need for Speed World
You last visited: Today at 08:40

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Change annoying F1 sound - copy / rename files

Discussion on Change annoying F1 sound - copy / rename files within the Need for Speed World forum part of the Other Online Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Change annoying F1 sound - copy / rename files

Go to program data\electronic arts\ ... \ engine directory.

Rename the 4 car_225 files to back them up (these are the F1 sound files). Copy and paste to make copies of the the 4 car_235 files (these are the Cobra sound files). Rename the copied car_235 files to car_225... to replace the F1 sound files.

This replaces the F1 sounds with the Cobra sounds, but due to differences in the engine (probably rpm range), the sound will be a bit different that it is on the Cobra. In my opinion, it's a big improvement in how the F1 sounds.
Old 03/26/2018, 12:58   #2

there is any f1 car sound on prostreet or undercover you like to use in nfsw?
Old 04/20/2018, 17:37   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyDanny View Post
there is any f1 car sound on prostreet or undercover you like to use in nfsw?
That would require modding car sounds. Copying and renaming the existing files doesn't require any mods. The suggested change of using Cobra sound for the F1 was all I wanted, the sound is no longer annoying.
Old 04/21/2018, 02:01   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstdmy View Post
That would require modding car sounds. Copying and renaming the existing files doesn't require any mods. The suggested change of using Cobra sound for the F1 was all I wanted, the sound is no longer annoying.
some of them does...require only file rename...but some not that easy...
Old 04/21/2018, 10:25   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyDanny View Post
some of them does...require only file rename...but some not that easy...
Rename works as long as it's same number of files. Most cars have 4 sound files, but some cars only have 2 sound files, and a 2 sound file setup can not be swapped with a 4 sound file setup.
Old 04/22/2018, 22:36   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstdmy View Post
Rename works as long as it's same number of files. Most cars have 4 sound files, but some cars only have 2 sound files, and a 2 sound file setup can not be swapped with a 4 sound file setup.
Right you are.
there are some cars that uses different engine sound instead of the original car,
ex:corvette uses dodge charger engine sound and not his original sound(even tho on beta the vette engine sound,sounds really bad or i had bad config with the values)
and some cars requires like new values/files inside the attrib to make the actual car to use his own sound..(it was a pain at the start to understand how the actual stuff worked...but now i know.)
anyways.. its been fun modding the beta by adding sounds from undercover and prostreet in to it.