Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Need for Speed World
You last visited: Today at 23:54

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Celebrating "Year Two", how far we've come!

Discussion on Celebrating "Year Two", how far we've come! within the Need for Speed World forum part of the Other Online Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Celebrating "Year Two", how far we've come!

Hey guys!

So another year has passed since the inception of the Offline Server. But let me tell you, the game and the community behind it is still very much alive and more active then ever.

Since my "Year One" thread, a lot of progress has been made in the Offline Server and the Online Server. To start, let's talk about Offline.

Offline has come so far since it's first release 2 years ago and thanks to Keule306's 1.9.3 mod, Offline is essentially a complete experience. With multipliers for event duration, unlockable events via leveling up and a completely functional economy. The experience of Offline doesn't get much better than that. A massive thank you to Keule for giving us this great Offline Server mod.

Speaking of Offline, previous builds of the game have also been recovered. One of which is a game build from 2010 which allows players to experience the old driving physics of the Beta release and crashing into cops to start a pursuit. The other is a build from May 2011 which allows players to drive the beloved MW BMW M3 GTR, something I believed to be impossibe. A big thank you goes to respected community members Leorblx and Fabx for making these game builds playable.

Now let's talk about something very important to our community: Online.

Last year, online was still in very early stages. It can be said that Online is still kind of in it's early stages, but it has absolutely found its legs.

As development of Online progressed, Nilzao had gathered a group of passionate players and intelligent developers to help him progress. A community I myself am proud to be a part of, Nilzao decided to call his newly found team SoapBox Race World.

Since SoapBox Race World's inception, we have 26 team members, over 5000 fans on facebook and over 4000 members of our discord server. Numbers we never expected to see but which are still increasing every day.

Online is being worked on daily, and the progress being made is amazing to behold for NFSW fans. We have 2 player racing, fully functional in game chat system, online servers the community can join and a large variety of YouTube content showing players' experience venturing back online once again.

But there's one feature that stands out above all, which allows players to truly feel that the game has a heart beat after nearly 2 years since closure, we have working freeroam. It is still in early stages and prone to crashes, but amazing nonetheless.

Freeroam is an incredible experience, now once again we can cruise around the world with friends by our side. The game feels alive, the community is excited, our team is excited and I hope to see you all be blown away by experiencing freeroam once again.

I would like to take a moment to thank the amazing team at SoapBox Race World and our community on Facebook, Discord and epvp. I would not be here full of excitement telling you about these things without all of you.

So this has been our progress for the past year, I could go into more details but this post is long enough already. As a fan of the game myself, I am very excited for the future and very thankful for what we have now.

If this is your first time hearing about our community outside of epvp, here are some links to get you up to speed.

Our Facebook page:

Our Discord server:

Some of our favourite YouTubers:

Gustingorriz

Pan Tutaj

An incredible trailer for freeroam by Pedro Henrique:

Thanks. I'll see you all next year!
Thanks
4 Users
Old 06/26/2017, 14:53   #2

It's crazy to see how far we've come since last year.

My turn for the history part!

- January 2017

(images uploaded today) - March 14th, 2017

- March 14th, 2017

- late March 2017

- the week of June 17th, 2017

A lot has changed since last year. And there's more to come.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 06/26/2017, 15:24   #3

Lots of great achievements from this past year Leo, looking forward to what you do next man
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/26/2017, 15:54   #4

For me, Not a big story lol
I join SBRW Project at 05/05/2017

I am the owner of the Official Discord, I create Events in game (Run on the Freeroam)
I try helping Devs the best I can and I take care of the awesome Community we have!

I'm very happy to be on this Project!
See you on the Discord everyone!
YOU ALL ARE THE BEST!
Thanks
2 Users
Old 06/27/2017, 02:41   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benno4 View Post
Lots of great achievements from this past year Leo, looking forward to what you do next man
Thanks
Old 07/01/2017, 02:59   #6

cheers
Old 07/02/2017, 02:21   #7

I joined in late 2016 but i am so glad that i did. The NFS World experience lives on. Cheers!