Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Need for Speed World
You last visited: Today at 16:48

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

So what exactly is the status of the Need for Speed: World servers now?

Discussion on So what exactly is the status of the Need for Speed: World servers now? within the Need for Speed World forum part of the Other Online Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
So what exactly is the status of the Need for Speed: World servers now?

It seems to be as of late that alot of things have now hit a snag.

The offline server was abruptly ended due to another user stealing Berkay's work and trying to make a profit off of it, and now the thread that was talking towards the possibility of a private online server has now been closed.

Is the server officially done for? Or is it going into silent mode in order for a further announcement to be revealed somewhere down the road? I've really been enjoying all the work that's been going on, and for it to just end because of someone else making a fool out of themselves by taking their work and charging for it (Vitaleks) and for there to be a constant flood of posts that are not helpful and are just causing cluttered space, is very depressing to say the least.

I do want to see the server continue, whether it's in the same hands or not. So much had been done to make the game better than it ever has been, and now thanks to the outside community, it may seem like that's all being stripped away.

I still heavily vouch that should a server, Offline or Online, be continued, that it's focused on in a new forum site. We need to have another place where proper focus on the server can be kept there and not in the cluttered mess that's over here. No mods around this place is not helping this part of the forum any, and at this point I'm starting to become lost with all the mess that's been surfacing.

...Or maybe I'm just thinking too negative about this and that all is actually well?
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/15/2015, 22:21   #2

i actually like the work done by this guys, but always appears someone trying to do stupid things like that, my recommendation is to build a side forum for work and community help on this. because here the mods have a lot of things to do and they don't have too much time for this NFS:W forum. im interested to offer some help with a little hosting and domain to make a NFS:W forum to keep the work done and alive, host files and set the correct moderation of the things handled there.

As we don't own any license or permision to do this, we need to keep it public and free in some way, because when EA and its people see that their work is used.. they will be asking about that and possibly stop the community work that is being done to keep the game alive because of that.

Regards.!
Old 09/16/2015, 00:21   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyThunderX View Post
It seems to be as of late that alot of things have now hit a snag.

The offline server was abruptly ended due to another user stealing Berkay's work and trying to make a profit off of it, and now the thread that was talking towards the possibility of a private online server has now been closed.

Is the server officially done for? Or is it going into silent mode in order for a further announcement to be revealed somewhere down the road? I've really been enjoying all the work that's been going on, and for it to just end because of someone else making a fool out of themselves by taking their work and charging for it (Vitaleks) and for there to be a constant flood of posts that are not helpful and are just causing cluttered space, is very depressing to say the least.

I do want to see the server continue, whether it's in the same hands or not. So much had been done to make the game better than it ever has been, and now thanks to the outside community, it may seem like that's all being stripped away.

I still heavily vouch that should a server, Offline or Online, be continued, that it's focused on in a new forum site. We need to have another place where proper focus on the server can be kept there and not in the cluttered mess that's over here. No mods around this place is not helping this part of the forum any, and at this point I'm starting to become lost with all the mess that's been surfacing.

...Or maybe I'm just thinking too negative about this and that all is actually well?
as far as I know berkay is still working on online server he just closed thread cuz it was getting out of hand read his last post on that thread
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/16/2015, 17:20   #4

.-,-.,-., GOOOOOOOOOOO MAKE THE SERVER SOMEONE,.,-.,-.,-. BORED. . . ,-., TEST F1!

FEAR ???? GOOOOO MAKE WITH NO PROGRAMS CHEATS OR POWERS... MAKE ONLY INFINITO 99999999999999 NITROS FOR WE USE.-,.-,.-, IS THAT SOO MUCHHH ???

GOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 09/16/2015, 19:26   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXE07LEGALIZE View Post
.-,-.,-., GOOOOOOOOOOO MAKE THE SERVER SOMEONE,.,-.,-.,-. BORED. . . ,-., TEST F1!

FEAR ???? GOOOOO MAKE WITH NO PROGRAMS CHEATS OR POWERS... MAKE ONLY INFINITO 99999999999999 NITROS FOR WE USE.-,.-,.-, IS THAT SOO MUCHHH ???

GOOOOOOOOOOO
What the... papato is wrong whit you ?
Go outside and play whit your toys.

We need to let the team do their work and have some patience.
So stay tuned and wait for Berkay's reply.
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/16/2015, 20:39   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXE07LEGALIZE View Post

GOOOOOOOOOOO
Kid Rat detected!!!
Old 09/16/2015, 22:24   #7

Actually, there shouldn't be just 1 guy or 1 team developing this, nor a single server if there will be online, neither a single forum running these discussions - things should be scattered so that there is less chance of everything going down the drain from a single EA move...
Old 09/17/2015, 19:21   #8

EA don't care about this, Villeroy, so don't worry. They won't go after Berkay. They made their money, so they don't care what we do. Else there wouldn't be anything for NFS Most Wanted (the REAL Most Wanted) or Carbon as cars/mod/whatever for those games are mostly on NFScars.net, GTRcars and perhaps 1-2 other sites. NFSc and GTR are almost the only serious and still "active" sites for those and they've been 'round for eons and EA never bothered to do anything about them, so it'll be the same with any mods for NFS World. If you fear because of what Jussi said a little bit before they closed World, Jussi is a **** and a liar, so don't care about anything this ***** say.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 09/22/2015, 22:53   #9

Lol, the US Forum of World.
I was banned permanently there, after a little fight with an arrogant *****, so I'd give a **** about.
Without users, the mods there are just a bunch of idiots, abusing their power and "fame for no reason", using the ToS as an excuse to ban people and suppress free speech.
(Which is wierd for an USA located board, but whatever)

I offered an account backup service there, but for the Mods I accidentally messed up their carslots file by cutting off half of it, effectively breaking the whole XML Tag chain.
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/23/2015, 01:08   #10

I actually chuckled when you dumped one of the EA forumer's garages.
Before the NFSW moderators had to take action to enforce the rules on the forums, and do their job.
At least he/she/it was actually open to that, instead of being aggressive about privacy and whatnot.

Unfortunately though... the TOS is a bit too strict and vague in some places.
(Combined with the fact EA only open sources the minimum content to be legally allowed.)

Talking outside of general public view, and get their trust, you would've been lucky, within reason.
Unfortunately though I don't have another avenue of contacting Jussi outside of the EA forums or Twitter since I never joined ISRC2.