Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Minecraft > Minecraft Server Advertising
You last visited: Today at 22:20

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

=The Rising MC=Accepting Players For Closed Beta

Discussion on =The Rising MC=Accepting Players For Closed Beta within the Minecraft Server Advertising forum part of the Minecraft category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
=The Rising MC=Accepting Players For Closed Beta

G'Day

I am speaking Behalf of the Team behind the Rising MC

We are currently open to Beta Applications To The Rising MC:

Today I get to show you all (not really show, more of tell [wait another week then it'll be show]) about something that's been taking up countless hours of the past few weeks from my team and I. Today I get to announce you our latest and greatest project...

So what is The Rising?

Well in short, what we were going for when developing this server was a more hard-core feel to the other servers out there. One of the most important things to us when designing the server was a unique game and being an (okay) plugin dev. myself makes that what quite definitely an option (i.e. about 80% of the plugins used are made by me). We also knew we wanted a custom and non-placeable/indestructible medieval world but we didn't like the limitations on that, so we went for something in between. We concluded upon a zombie apocalyptic theme pretty quickly as it fit our mold well. As well we loved the idea of an adventurous world with a rich story, allowing us to bring in some small RPG elements. All-in-all, you have The Rising.

But let's go into some details...

Custom_world
The world of The Rising is completely custom terrain, designed by us. It is important to note, throughout Pre-Alpha and normal Alpha the map become more and more developed as we add more and more to the landscape. The world is huge and therefore it takes time. Beginning in Pre-Alpha, the map will be about 5200x3200 blocks but by the end of alpha it should be about 11000x11000 blocks in size. Inside the world, players can expect to find a number of ruined towns, cities, castles, dungeons and settlement ruins. The towns and cities can be looted, using our very own looting plugin, where players can either find essentials such as food and water as well as custom items such as lockpicks, antidotes, and purification tablets. In dungeons player can find legendary items that are linked to the story of our fascinating, zombie-infested world. But in settlement ruins player wont find anything, mostly.

settlements
In this server, where players can't normally break or place most blocks, we give players the ability to still create in impact. Players can come across one of the various settlement ruins locations in the world and begin building anew. After clearing the ruins, players can begin construction, using a series of inventory menus, to create their settlement center and then on to settlement upgrades. Settlement upgrades can range from as simple as a living quarters to set a players spawn point in their settlement to (down the line here) a trading HUB with custom NPC villager trades for rare items, increasing demand on your settlement. We imagine other settlements either creating alliances or seeking to destroy you in order to claim the profitable trades your settlement has to offer. Settlements will also come with some customization (looking to improve this feature in the future). Players will have control on where each settlement upgrade is to be placed, allowing them to choose they're own layout. After placing an upgrade, players must then fulfill the required items needed to construct the building, once fulfilled, the given upgrade will be created.

Custom_mobs
One of the most important custom mobs in the server would have to be the zombie. When developing the zombie, we went for the more World War Z feel to them. Zombies in this server are fast. Night is hell. It's scary, it really is. There will be times when you and your friends are casually hanging out then all of a sudden *BOOM* ten zombies come rushing out of the bushes. Luckily zombies are also easier to kill. With only about a third of the average zombie health, zombies seems to go for the more Zerg approach when going for their victims. As well as the average zombie, we have a few other custom entities such as zombie pigmen, zombie villagers, zombie horses, and last but not least zombie players. Each of these mobs has their own secrets and we implore you to discover them as we move into later stages of development.

custom_items
In this world there are a variety of custom items. Some of the greatest items to be found being legendary, as well as both adjusted and extended crating recipes allowing for new weapons and materials to be made (Lavinian Timber and the Pyro's Blade being examples). This category is planned to be expanded immensely within the next month or so. For a list of upcoming features, visit the Upcoming Features page on our website (if applicable).

survival_plus
and
other_features

(these two categories are combine for now, but I'll expand as more features come out)
Thirst: In our world players have a water bar (redefined from the exp bar). As time progresses, a player will begin to dehydrate. Players must find and collect water in a bottle in order to not die of thirst, but this task can be difficult. Water isn't always available and the water that is might not be the greatest quality. Drinking straight out of the ocean will provide salty water (very little quenching powers). While water from a swamp probably isn't the healthiest for you, likely resulting in one of the various diseases. Even at best, water found in rivers or lakes will still be unfiltered and may contain harmful diseases. Players must use a filtering system (brewing stand) and a purification tablet to create pure water.
Diseases: It wouldn't be a good day if you got a disease. In this world there are a couple different kinds you can get (between 4 to 5) from various sources. As previously mentioned, drinking unfiltered water can result in a disease as well as being hit by a zombie and eating raw foods. It's important to note that, as of now, diseases are permanent. The only way to cure one would be by acquiring an antidote (craftable) or a chance from drinking milk.
Plant Destruction: Although players can't break or place most blocks this rule is voided when it comes to plants. Plants, including trees, can be broken and harvested accordingly.
Mining: To create tools, weapons, armor, and settlements players will need to be able to collect resources from the world. Ores and stone can be mined using the common pickaxe and the blocks will regenerate accordingly over time.
Locked Doors: In a world where players can't break or place it would be very handy to prevent someone from entering somewhere. Throughout the world players can find certain stone brick blocks [insert image here] in doorways. These are locations where players can place their own lockable doors. Locked doors can't be broken by normal means, to open a locked door one must use the key (provided when the door is crafted) or use a lockpick. As of now there are three different tiers of locked doors and lockpicks: Novice, Intermediate, and Master. The odds of opening a door decreases with each tier of door and the odds of opening increase with each tier of lockpick used (it kind of balances itself out).

Bump
Old 09/26/2017, 10:21   #2

elite*gold: 0
Bump