Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Metin2
You last visited: Today at 21:48

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Working on a Graphic Extension for Metin2

Discussion on Working on a Graphic Extension for Metin2 within the Metin2 forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old 08/09/2020, 09:09   #16

elite*gold: 135
Received Thanks: 1,211
Night :

Old 08/09/2020, 12:34   #17

elite*gold: 405
Received Thanks: 6,356
Looks great!
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/09/2020, 13:20   #18

elite*gold: 0
**** looks amazing when are you planning to release it?
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/09/2020, 13:23   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exxory View Post
**** looks amazing when are you planning to release it?
I'll change trees & grass, then i'll add flying leaves etc, then i'll add license system and release. So not sure :S Also i need to add a few new terrain textures for different maps.
Old 08/11/2020, 14:40   #20

Trees are changed, i'll change grass too. Also sun light decreased. Now it is looking more natural and smooth.
Old 08/12/2020, 09:18   #21

Please rethink your licensing, no player will buy this, only server admins will buy it..
Old 08/12/2020, 10:24   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETF!!!?! View Post
Please rethink your licensing, no player will buy this, only server admins will buy it..
I don't think like that. It is 6.5$/year and players can use it on every pserver & gameforge servers. If someone plays metin2 0.5 hour/day (average), that means he will spend 180 hours/year by playing metin2. He can spend 180 hours with better graphics. 6.5$/year is nothing for most of players.

If i sell it to server admins, they have to pay very high price and people cannot play with better graphics if server doesn't have graphic extension. Thats not better than selling to players.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/12/2020, 15:37   #23

elite*gold: 1810
Received Thanks: 1,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETF!!!?! View Post
A lot of players will buy it.

A server would not have the money to buy the license. If a server has 5000 players the admin needed to buy 5000*6.5$ licenses which is 32.500,00$ / year.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/12/2020, 19:20   #24

elite*gold: 405
Received Thanks: 6,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxChri View Post
A lot of players will buy it.

A server would not have the money to buy the license. If a server has 5000 players the admin needed to buy 5000*6.5$ licenses which is 32.500,00$ / year.
Technically he can have different options for end users and "corporations", that's how the normal market works as well. I think it'd be a mistake not to consider selling it to server owners as well as to players. More customers = more widespread usage = more players = more advertisement = more money. lalaker1 needs a clever licensing software algorithm though, as the Metin2 community is built on the work of pirates.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 08/12/2020, 19:42   #25

elite*gold: 1810
Received Thanks: 1,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi4uric3 View Post
Technically he can have different options for end users and "corporations", that's how the normal market works as well. I think it'd be a mistake not to consider selling it to server owners as well as to players. More customers = more widespread usage = more players = more advertisement = more money. lalaker1 needs a clever licensing software algorithm though, as the Metin2 community is built on the work of pirates.
When I heard of the extension I thought the same way but lalaker told me that he won't sell it to server owners because he thinks that he will clearly gain more money selling a singler-user license to a player.

I believe in lalaker and I wish him all the best with this graphic extension. He is one of the best devs out here and he really knows how to secure a program.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 08/12/2020, 20:31   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi4uric3 View Post
I really don't wanna sell to server owners because it is not a good idea when i can sell it to players on that server. If i do that it has to be with high price. I don't think they can pay it. Also it is harder to licensing for servers.
I always move algorithms to my servers and run them by using every dynamic & necessary data. Graphic extension has so much complex algorithm i can compute in my servers so it'll be more secure than anything else. Licensing is so important for it, there is no way to come back after a problem :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxChri View Post
When I heard of the extension I thought the same way but lalaker told me that he won't sell it to server owners because he thinks that he will clearly gain more money selling a singler-user license to a player.

I believe in lalaker and I wish him all the best with this graphic extension. He is one of the best devs out here and he really knows how to secure a program.
Yes, server owners cannot pay player pricing at all.
Old 08/17/2020, 15:54   #27

New lighting system first test :
Old 09/11/2020, 21:26   #28

(I'm recoding clean source, so it takes time) New render system:
Old 09/28/2020, 12:43   #29

nice!
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/29/2020, 17:02   #30

I have seen the post at the beginning and when I read the last paragraph as it is the case that the more effects there are, the more FPS is consumed within the game, and I think it is obvious since Metin2 is a 2004 game that has several errors as well as I think it is poorly optimized in the technical aspect.

I know that people are interested in this of the graphic extension you make of the M2, I understand that you want to sell the .dll extension at 5€ per year.
Although I do not know if it could be integrated into a private server for example or if the player on duty has to do it, I do not know much on this issue if the extension comes standard or not, no idea and that I have been playing the game for several years.

I know that this gives the game perspective something different when it comes to textures and graphics, although the color palette should be well balanced and not be oversaturated with many things for example as well as filters,effects,etc...Although it means seeing the same game but better graphically.
Thanks
1 User

Tags
extension, gameforge, graphic, metin2, pserver