Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 06:26

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[NEW] Core Downer

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[NEW] Core Downer

I and the other servers' author are having a strange problem which crashes the game file. I solved the problem in a few days. I won't tell you how to do it because most people will try to do it.

The problem is starting with accessing invalid address in the memory. It might cause lag or something else. The game file can't access m_stCurQuest (because it's invalid). The problem only happens when the quest contains select at least I have that problem. I just added a string variable in QuestState called quest_name. If quest_name is not empty, the game file will use quest_name of QuestState instead of GetCurrentQuestName().

Open "quest.h" file, search "int st;" and under;
Quote:
std::string quest_name;
Open "questlua.cpp" file, search "qs.suspend_state = SUSPEND_STATE_SELECT; and under;
Quote:
qs.quest_name = GetCurrentPC() ? GetCurrentPC()->GetCurrentQuestName() : "no_quest";
Open "questlua_quest.cpp" file, search "QuestState* pQS = pPC->GetRunningQuestState();" and under;
Quote:
std::string stQuestName = pPC->GetCurrentQuestName();
if (pQS->quest_name.length() != 0)
stQuestName = pQS->quest_name;

Old 10/14/2018, 23:37   #2

elite*gold: 3
Code:
			if (NULL == pQS || NULL == q.GetQuestStateName(pPC->GetCurrentQuestName(), pQS->st))
			{
				sys_err("	... WHO AM I? WHERE AM I? I only know QuestName(%s)...", pPC->GetCurrentQuestName().c_str());
			}

Old 11/01/2018, 11:29   #3

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cBaraN View Post
I and the other servers' author are having a strange problem which crashes the game file. I solved the problem in a few days. I won't tell you how to do it because most people will try to do it.

The problem is starting with accessing invalid address in the memory. It might cause lag or something else. The game file can't access m_stCurQuest (because it's invalid). The problem only happens when the quest contains select at least I have that problem. I just added a string variable in QuestState called quest_name. If quest_name is not empty, the game file will use quest_name of QuestState instead of GetCurrentQuestName().

Open "quest.h" file, search "int st;" and under;

Open "questlua.cpp" file, search "qs.suspend_state = SUSPEND_STATE_SELECT; and under;

Open "questlua_quest.cpp" file, search "QuestState* pQS = pPC->GetRunningQuestState();" and under;
Seems like you want to let them install a CoreDowner, huh?

Your last step. You are not even checking if pQS is null and your stQuestName is never used.

Can you please tell me, how the heck this should fix anything?
Thanks
2 Users

« [Release] Truhen-Quest[-Generator] mit einstellbaren Chancen | Minecraft head for metin2 »