Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 14:06

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Auto server notice

Discussion on Auto server notice within the Metin2 Private Server forum part of the Metin2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Auto server notice

Hi!
I would like to ask that,how can I make auto notice-s?I just dont get it:
Example: someone is joining he gets a greeting notice,or when a SA is online it says [SA]xy is online,you can ask questions form him..or something like that
Old 06/16/2011, 13:47   #2

elite*gold: 252
Received Thanks: 3,911
easy quest^^:
Code:
quest notice begin
	state start begin
		when login with pc.is_gm() begin
			local a = pc.get_name()
			notice.all(""..a.." is now online!")
			notice.all("He'll help you now!")
		end
		when login begin
			chat("Welocme to xy")
		end
	end
end
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/16/2011, 13:52   #3

elite*gold: 0
okay,but where do i write this..thats what i dont know:|
Old 06/16/2011, 14:33   #4

elite*gold: 252
Received Thanks: 3,911
Create a textfile and name it something like notice.quest. The ending .quest is important. Then you navigate to your quest directory (on 2010 Files they are at /home/game/share/locale/english/quest or something like this). Then upload your .quest-file there. Download your listfile (in 2010 files it's called locale_list, on older files it's hongkong_list). Edit it and put the name of your created file in there (NOTE: Open it with a good text editor like Notepad++. Upload the list and open putty (if you are operating on a rootserver) or type in vpc:
cd "your-quest-directory"
and then type sh make.sh, when you are operating on the old files. IF your are on newer files then try python make.py