Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Metin2 > Metin2 Private Server > Metin2 PServer Advertising
You last visited: Today at 01:55

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Opening 07.03.19] InfinityMetin International

Discussion on [Opening 07.03.19] InfinityMetin International within the Metin2 PServer Advertising forum part of the Metin2 Private Server category.

Old 03/05/2019, 12:09   #16

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaratiello View Post
Hi guys!, I am developer of InfinityMetin.

I'm glad to see all this participation!.

I want to tell you that only the Items,Mobs,Npcs and Maps names are in italian.

We made this decision to facilitate communication and trade between players,
all the logical part of the server has instead been translated, including our new systems.

Obviously after opening the server if you think a complete translation of the various names is necessary we will do it.

We will also look for someone who can help us with the German language!

"only"
Server looks awesome but who wants to play on a server where he cant read any of it. it was cool back in 2009 with longju but now?
Thanks
3 Users
Old 03/05/2019, 12:13   #17

Hi guys and goodmorning!
First of all, thanks a lot!

The choice to use italian for item can be explained.
We imagined a Global Chat like this:
[IT] Andrea: WTB spada velenosa+9
[RO] Valentin: WTB sabie otrăvită +9
[DE] Mark: Where i can find the giftschwert?

To facilitate negotiations (and in general game comunication between users) we think is better to unify the items language. Why italian and not english? Two main reason:

First, we are a NewStyle and lot of item are new; "Magic Sword", "Spada Magica", "X" or "Y" is just a name to learn (descriptions will be in different languages).
Second, high % of italians.

It is a temporary choice. We hope to reach a large number of foreign players and english could obviously be a more reasonable choice.
There are many things to do but we are happy to work to give you a better product. Thanks for all your suggestions!

However, game registrations are now open! Below the link (you can also find it the first message).

An extra hint: (all about items, equipments, map, monsters, drop, npc, and more)
Old 03/05/2019, 12:28   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityMetin View Post
Hi guys and goodmorning!

To facilitate negotiations (and in general game comunication between users) we think is better to unify the items language. Why italian and not english? Two main reason:

First, we are a NewStyle and lot of item are new; "Magic Sword", "Spada Magica", "X" or "Y" is just a name to learn (descriptions will be in different languages).

It is a temporary choice. We hope to reach a large number of foreign players and english could obviously be a more reasonable choice.
There are many things to do but we are happy to work to give you a better product. Thanks for all your suggestions!

However, game registrations are now open! Below the link (you can also find it the first message).

An extra hint: (all about items, equipments, map, monsters, drop, npc, and more)
Hmm i mean you can "explain" it but its arguments are still not good enough.
Trust me, you should not start with items etc in italian language. You DO need a translation, at least in english. You might still have a high playerbase in Italy but if you accumulate all the other countries just as Romania, Germany, Turkey, Poland, etc etc you will have at least twice as much players.

Thats why you should make a team meeting and discuss about this topic!

Good luck, nice presentation!
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/05/2019, 12:30   #19

Received Thanks: 1,377
Quote:
Hi guys and goodmorning!

I guess it will keep the higher percentage of italian players.

This has nothing to do with international...
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/05/2019, 12:34   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Devil™ View Post
"only"
Server looks awesome but who wants to play on a server where he cant read any of it. it was cool back in 2009 with longju but now?

You might be right if the whole server was in Italian but the item names do not affect your gameplay experience,the description of the item yes.
The description offers information on what to do with the item and how to use it!
(we have rewritten all the descriptions of all the items)
It's just a name like Pizza

PS:
In the multilanguage scheme there are some incomplete languages(like German 75%) If the translation of the language that you chose is not 100% completed the client will automatically show the text in english
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/05/2019, 12:59   #21

elite*gold: 14
Received Thanks: 1,556
Wow really nice good luck
Old 03/05/2019, 15:10   #22

elite*gold: 50
Received Thanks: 4,740
Quote:
Hi guys and goodmorning!

Well, my friend, the problem here is: Everybody knows the itemnames in english since pretty much every server in the past years was an international one, but nobody from another country is really interesting in learning every single itemname in italian just to play this server. Its pretty useless to translate the client etc if you dont translate the other stuff, because this is even more important.
You know, everybody would know how to log in or whatever on an italian client, even on an asian one, cuz everybody is familiar with the metin2 client (unless you changed that completely)
But if you go up to an NPC for a quest and he tells me ''Hi, i need Spaghetti Cabonara Velenosa +9'' i'd be sitting there like ''You wot m8?''

The entire item-management is pretty fucked up for any non-italian with items in italian only. For example: Somebody wants to buy poison arrow books, he just would write/search for poison arrow, everybody would know what he means. If he has to search for ''libro freccia avvelenata'' instead, nobody except the italian players will even know what the hell he wants to buy.

In the end its your choice, but im assuming you will miss out on A LOT of players from other countries if you keep that in italian.
I guess i'll wait for another good server too then, anyways, i wish you a lot of success.
Thanks
14 Users
Old 03/05/2019, 15:33   #23

No englisch also Die Präsi sieht mega Sexy aus.! kritikpunkte wie darkdragons als end eq (Ich weiß kosis) lasse ich aus s.o. wenn Server überwiegend Deutsche Com. haben wird werde ich auf jeden fall rein Schauen.
Old 03/05/2019, 16:14   #24

For real italian item names?

Cmon.. 90% of the players trust me wont be an italian..
Old 03/05/2019, 16:42   #25

If it has a translation atleast in english (Even better English + more european languages like romanian,turkish, german, spanish etc.) I would definitly test it out. But atleast a english translation is a must for me.

Other then that the Server looks pretty cool and could be very fun and entertaining to play :3

With best regards
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/05/2019, 16:56   #26

Would join if at least english translation available
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/05/2019, 17:12   #27

Entwarnung, die Itembeschreibungen sowie Quest's etc werden noch übersetzt. Ich sitze derzeit an einer deutschen Übersetzung, eine Englische gibt es wohl weitestgehend schon, ich weiß jedoch nicht ob sie dies schon zum Serverstart nutzen werden.
Die deutsche Übersetzung wird noch ein klein wenig dauern, sind doch ein paar Zeilen.

Klar sind italienische Items erstmal unangenehm für uns aber solange die Beschreibung auf deutsch ist, dürfte es doch erstmal reichen oder? langfristig ist das bestimmt machbar.

Zum Termin des Serverstarts:
Am Donnerstag feiern die Italiener ihr Fest "Festa della donna" ist sowas wie Weiberfastnacht bei uns, daher haben da wohl alle frei und sie wollten deswegen dann starten. Mal schauen obs dabei bleibt, ich bin ja stark für das Wochenende
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/05/2019, 17:24   #28

elite*gold: 102
The Black Market: 141/0/0
Received Thanks: 1,495
Eine Übersetzung auf Deutsch juckt doch keinen, wenn alles auf English ist reicht das vollkommen aus. Falls der Server das bis zum Start nicht geschissen bekommt, dann kann man jetzt schon mal gratulieren zum Verlust von hunderten Spielern.

Würde es mir ja angucken weil die Vorstellung ganz nett ist, aber PoE neue League Junx - muss los.

Viel Glück beim Start.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/05/2019, 17:26   #29

You need at least 100% english not italian if its a real international. If not work more .
Old 03/05/2019, 17:27   #30

Haltet mich auf'm neusten Stand boys