Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 21:17

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Q] Protecting my account

Discussion on [Q] Protecting my account within the Metin2 Foreign - Discussions / Questions forum part of the Metin2 Main - Discussions / Questions category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Q] Protecting my account

Hello,

As time goes I hear more and more people telling me how someone can "hack" my account easily, whether it is on private or official servers.

Recently my best friend had his account cleaned just overnight, without using indentical or same login and password from other metin servers, or just using a simple login or password in general

It really scares me to think that without even telling someone my datas, having a random generated password of a good length, I am still very vulnerable.

How can I really protect my account to make nobody get to it easily?

Right now I am playing on a private server where this occurs almost every two days and it's crazy that nobody is really talking about it, is it really always the users fault?

Old 02/26/2019, 17:12   #2

elite*gold: 0
Metin doesnt provide any sort of bruteforce protection at all - use a 16 character password with lower and upper case chars, numbers and special chars

« [python] chceck chr is alive | - »

Similar Threads
[HELP] Protecting .eix and .epk files againist unpacking
11/11/2010 - Metin2 PServer - Discussions / Questions - 13 Replies
I know... It's bad section. I'm VERY sorry. But... In Discussions & Questions are so noob questions. This information is very important for me. I want to protect my files from /pack/ folder. They are very important and I don't want to someone steal it. But I don't know how. I know , that German Servers have that files protected ( Other encryption key in Your packer). Could you tell me how to do it ? Please do not delete this topic. If you want to answer , could You use english ? If you can't...
Protecting your Aion Account from theft
12/31/2009 - Gaming News - EN - 0 Replies
With an increase in Aion account thefts being reported, keeping game accounts safe has become a high priority for us all. What can you do to ensure the safety of your own account? NCsoft shares a few tips.
Uzi Guide to protecting ur account (NOOBY Edition)
12/01/2006 - CO2 Guides & Templates - 3 Replies
this is realy nooby guide lol so dont flame me thought it be good idea to post this coz everyone post scmming account why not protecting also ..... ----------------------------------------&#62;Acknowledging the Danger<----------------------------------------- I&#39;ve seen many, many situations which people have been hacked, and from four main reasons: 1.) They had a password that was easy to crack. 2.) They were too trusting to the point they let their online spouse, one they&#39;ve never seen...