Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Maple Story
You last visited: Today at 03:28

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Possible CRC bypass.

Discussion on Possible CRC bypass. within the Maple Story forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
This is the one on CEF:

Many of you have being saying CRC its patched and ITS NOT. The CRC script still works. But GameGuard has enabled its own CRC check aswell. The CRC script we use and bypasses Maplestory CRC and but not Gameguard's. When Maplestory detects a change in the process memory it just disconnects you to login screen (We can bypass that with our script and .cem file), after that GameGuard CRC will come up and if will detect the parameters changed and you will get the error: Hacking Attempt Detected.

GameGuard has two main components that MapleStory loads; GameGuard.des & GameMon.des. Before MapleStory loads either of those files it first starts reading from MapleStory.INI and MapleStory.INI contains all the parameters for GameGuard's loading.

This its a decrypted MapleStory.ini:

Code:
[GAMEMON]
G: AME_NAME=MapleStoryUS
UPDATE_SERVER=gameguard.mapleglobal.com
UPDATE_PATH=/nProtect/GameGuard/RealServer/
BACKUP_SERVER= 63.251.217.184
BACKUP_PATH=/nProtect/GameGuard/RealServer/
OPTION_VALUE=0
SPEEDCHECK_INTERVAL=1000
SENDERL=1
GAMECRC=2
REVISION=47

On the line '' GAMECRC '' we notice a 2 right? A while ago it was 0 (Disabled), but recently it changed to 2, enabling the GameGuard CRC. Now lets try to fix that ok? What its disconecting us and its that when we change the MapleStoryCRC and GameGuard compares and notices the parameters of both CRC had been changed. So lets check it out:

First of all you will need an Unpacked .39 client. (Attachment)

oMS_0.39.rar
Open up MapleStory with OllyDBG and set a breakpoint on CreateProcessA so GameMon traces backwards until you land on the GameGuard.des execution call and step over it and continue scrolling down manually until you see the MapleStory.INI file getting loaded then pay close attention until you see the GAMECRC being addressed and in that you should see a ?PUSH 2?
[code]

52 PUSH EDX
6A 00 PUSH 2
68 64E07C00 PUSH MapleSto.007CE064; ASCII ?GAMECRC?
E8 05660000 CALL MapleSto.00714A00

By changing the '' PUSH 2 '' it to ?PUSH 0? it turns the CRC off completely and succesfully bypassing the Gameguard CRC.

Credits:
- xor
- KittonKicker (Kiki)
- Nuclear 898
- S3 NSA
-----------------------------------------------------------
Firt off this was posted here: http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=e...ypass%2B2007%26 start%3D10%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26client%3Dfiref ox-a%26channel%3Ds%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-GBfficial%26sa%3DN
on the 2007/06/22 15:03 and was previously in korean
Furthemore im only just learning the method behind this. So outta my range. As such, while I'm workin this out can someone tell me if im wasting my time? Thats all i need to know
I seen this on CEF before but is the last three parragraphs there?(i.e. from "oMS_0.39.rar") cant remember. If this is the "solution" "oops", if its outdated oh well lol
Thanks
1 User