Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > League of Legends
You last visited: Today at 23:14

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Is it legal to sell summoner names?

Discussion on Is it legal to sell summoner names? within the League of Legends forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Is it legal to sell summoner names?

I have a few rare summoner names that I have been collecting over the past few months. Is it against the TOS to sell these names - since it is not selling the account? Has anybody been banned for something similar or am I in the clear to just list names on the forum to see if people want to buy them?
Old 02/28/2015, 01:18   #2

The Black Market: 114/0/0
Received Thanks: 1,502
I don't think it's against the ToS. Riot wouldn't even see if someone is selling his name.. the guy who takes the name might be a random who wanted the name or a friend who was informed by the guy who had the name. Nobody could prove that.
Selling accounts is against the ToS but Riot doesn't do anything against it because they can't.
Old 02/28/2015, 02:05   #3

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xhadian View Post
I don't think it's against the ToS. Riot wouldn't even see if someone is selling his name.. the guy who takes the name might be a random who wanted the name or a friend who was informed by the guy who had the name. Nobody could prove that.
Selling accounts is against the ToS but Riot doesn't do anything against it because they can't.
Thanks
Old 03/03/2015, 18:45   #4

I agree with Xhadian I think it's not banable to sell LoL names
Old 03/07/2015, 22:20   #5

Does anyone know where to sell summoner names? I have a popular DBZ character name that I want to sell
Old 03/07/2015, 22:21   #6

Go 2 the Black Market Section for selling those
Old 03/10/2015, 12:01   #7

is not but whatever you self in "LoL" is ilegal but they will never found out. so do it lol
Old 03/11/2015, 14:59   #8

elite*gold: 62
The Black Market: 503/4/3
Received Thanks: 1,085
all the content inside the game belongs to riot, so you can't sell something you don't own.

I don't understand how you plan to sell the name, selling the account? Or you will rename your account so the summoner name becomes free to other user?

Selling the account it's obvious that you can't by ToS. Renaming your account to another name making the summoner name free to be used it's not against anything on the ToS.

If you accepted money to do that, hard to Riot find out at all, you just get tired of your summonername and paid 2600 RP to switch .

However the word "illegal" it's not the right word, it's against game rules not "illegal".
Old 03/13/2015, 15:04   #9

Nah, it's not against the tos, depending on how you do it though. If you just mean you name change the account in exchange for someone else's money, so that they can then name change their own account for the newly available name, yeah, that's perfectly fine.
Old 04/03/2015, 03:01   #10

I can't see why it shouldn't be legal, i mean it's not like you're selling an account or anything