Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > League of Legends
You last visited: Today at 10:46

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Riot Legal Action Against Referral Services

Discussion on Riot Legal Action Against Referral Services within the League of Legends forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 20
Riot Legal Action Against Referral Services

Hey guys,

Wondering if anyone has experience or has heard of Riot taking legal action against referral services. I've been scraping the internet and haven't found anything really. I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to send a cease and desist and even pursue legal action. Anyone have some insight or hear of any cases such as this?
Old 05/22/2014, 19:54   #2

elite*gold: 0

The post got deleted but i can tell you this much:

This guy made 100 Refferals by himself in 2012, reffering to what he says, and lost his Account just recently, including really rare Skins like King Rammus, that was only obtainable during the Beta and Human Ryze which is worth alot.

So it occurs that Riot takes legal action, but theire really passive on that front and only a small percentage of Accounts with alot of Refferals got banned for what i know.
I might be wrong with that.
Old 05/22/2014, 21:05   #3

Not really worried about bans, more worried about actual legal action (lawsuits/cease and desists/etc). I'm talking from a referral seller's perspective, not a customer.
Old 05/22/2014, 21:18   #4

If Riot was taking legal action against refferal sellers, this site would propably not Support them and/or allow People to sell their Refferal services on here.
Because if Riot was taking legal actions Elitepvpers would get in trouble too for supporting Refferal sellers.
Drophacks for example are forbidden because people take legal actions against them.
Old 05/22/2014, 22:46   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElNihal View Post
If Riot was taking legal action against refferal sellers, this site would propably not Support them and/or allow People to sell their Refferal services on here.
Because if Riot was taking legal actions Elitepvpers would get in trouble too for supporting Refferal sellers.
Drophacks for example are forbidden because people take legal actions against them.
I read we don't support them here because they are "game breaking"
Old 05/22/2014, 23:12   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestai View Post
I read we don't support them here because they are "game breaking"
Well let me say they are tolerated here.
They wouldnt be if there was legal problems

Tags
legal action, referral services, riot