Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > League of Legends
You last visited: Today at 04:05

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

IMPORTANT: Riot changed Ranked Rewards again!

Discussion on IMPORTANT: Riot changed Ranked Rewards again! within the League of Legends forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
IMPORTANT: Riot changed Ranked Rewards again!

ORIGINAL THREAD:

1. Ranked Borders:

Your SoloQ Border will be displayed in SoloQ! If your Team Rank is higher than SoloQ, it will NOT be displayed in SoloQ anyways.

But (!) your highest ELO Border (Doesnt matter if its SoloQ or, for the people who bought Slots or Teams, it can be your Ranked Team ELO too) will be displayed when you play any other queue like Normal Games, Aram or Bot Games!

Just not in SoloQ!

2. How to earn the rewards:

Quote:
you'll simply need to have 10 wins with your ranked team in order to earn rewards. A notification icon will appear above your 3s or 5s tier badge in your profile page in the next few weeks to inform you if you are below 10 wins on a ranked team.
Old 09/04/2013, 01:26   #2

Back to season 2 status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Socrates
Hey all,

A couple updates to Season 3 Rewards to share:

1. Ranked Borders

Many of you have raised some concerns over our announced plan to show your highest earned border across all queues types. I'll explain a little bit about our original reasoning, but first, some news: we'll be rolling back this change in a subsequent patch - so loading screen borders will reflect the highest tier you've achieved in the ranked queue you're currently playing.

This change was already implemented and is going to be in the patch for 3.11 (so you will see it applied to Season 2 rewards), but we'll be reversing the change in the following patch. In non-ranked queues, your rewards will be displayed based on the same rules as the start of season 3.

Why were we originally doing it? One of our goals is to improve the ranked team experience and drive more participation in ranked teams - after all, League is a competitive team game. We'll talk more about this in Season 4, but the idea to make loading screen borders valid across all queues was driven by this notion. In the case of cross-queue login screen borders, we viewed this as an incentive for players to form ranked teams. Players who participated in ranked teams would get to display their rewards everywhere.

The problem many of you have highlighted is that this change appears to incentivize players to sell ranked teams or otherwise abuse the system to illegitimately earn rewards. While our research indicates this actually hasn't become a common occurrence in the wake of our announcement, our priority is to make sure that the rewards you've worked so hard to earn over the course of Season 3 aren't tarnished by cheaters, even if it's rare.

We're being extra vigilant in tracking these cases and we're actively banning abusers for win trading and slot selling. Our tracking methods are also not limited to just high ranked teams. If we discover that someone has been selling ranked rewards (or is abusing the system), we will ban the account for two weeks, strip it of any previous season rewards (summoner icons, Victorious skins, etc) and we will make sure both the seller and the purchaser are completely ineligible for any reward associated with Season 3.

2. Ranked Team Rewards

Another great piece of feedback we've heard from you is that the 30% of total games requirement for players to earn Ranked Team rewards was a little confusing. We agree - it created too many scenarios where players might lose out on rewards they expected to earn, and it made the situation too complex.

Instead, you'll simply need to have 10 wins with your ranked team in order to earn rewards. A notification icon will appear above your 3s or 5s tier badge in your profile page in the next few weeks to inform you if you are below 10 wins on a ranked team.

We're going to be closely monitoring teams with big roster swaps and/or big drops in matchmaking rating, and we'll investigate any signs of abuse. In clear cases of abuse, we will (as above) ban the accounts for two weeks, strip it of any previous season rewards (summoner icons, Victorious skins, etc) and we'll make sure involved parties are ineligible for any reward associated with Season 3.

We're genuinely grateful for your feedback - we're listening closely as we work towards Season 4 and beyond.
Old 09/04/2013, 01:27   #3

WRONG!!

The loading screen border trim you earn will display when playing in the ranked game type you earned it in. For other queues: In 5s normal or bot games the highest of your ranked 5s or solo / duo queue will be displayed. In 3s normal and bot games, borders earned from your ranked 3s will be displayed. For ARAM , custom, and dominion games, the highest of any ranked queue will be displayed. So, for example, if you earn Diamond in solo queue and Silver in Twisted Treeline, you will display a Diamond loading border in solo queue and unranked games, but you will display a Silver border in ranked Twisted Treeline.

from official FAQ
Old 09/04/2013, 01:29   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimimar0 View Post
WRONG!!

The loading screen border trim you earn will display when playing in the ranked game type you earned it in. For other queues: In 5s normal or bot games the highest of your ranked 5s or solo / duo queue will be displayed. In 3s normal and bot games, borders earned from your ranked 3s will be displayed. For ARAM , custom, and dominion games, the highest of any ranked queue will be displayed. So, for example, if you earn Diamond in solo queue and Silver in Twisted Treeline, you will display a Diamond loading border in solo queue and unranked games, but you will display a Silver border in ranked Twisted Treeline.

from official FAQ
No not wrong. Read the thread I posted.
Old 09/04/2013, 01:34   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Green View Post
No not wrong. Read the thread I posted.
if u have challenger in 3v3 and u are playing normal 5v5 u wONT see the challanger border!! only in normal or ranked 3v3... and so on!!

ur highest border will be displayed if u are playing in aram ,custom or dominion...

its wrong what u posted
Old 09/04/2013, 01:37   #6

elite*gold: 70
Original link pls.

Edit:fk now i saw it
Old 09/04/2013, 01:38   #7

original thread

and here FAQ

Old 09/04/2013, 01:38   #8

Regardless of game mode the border trim will only be displayed to your allies, as we still want to be very careful about influencing perceptions around the fairness of the matchup before the game begins.

TLDR; if you have a gold or above 3s team you will only have the gold border for 3s, aram, and dominion games. Not solo queue or ranked 5s or normal 5s
Old 09/04/2013, 01:42   #9

elite*gold: 3
I knew this was just a matter of time with all the complaints that people were making everywhere.
Old 09/04/2013, 01:47   #10

Important note to those who bought a slot/ team: you need to WIN 10games ... If youre dropping hard in mmr might get you banned by riot, lolz.
Old 09/04/2013, 01:58   #11

I have a question. I got a team and i play 5 games with it. 5/5 wins. Should i make it 10 wins to get the rank team reward?
Old 09/04/2013, 02:03   #12

elite*gold: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Μatthew View Post
I have a question. I got a team and i play 5 games with it. 5/5 wins. Should i make it 10 wins to get the rank team reward?
In the next patch they're introducing a new notification that tells you if you don't have enough games played to get the rewards. Wait for that.
Old 09/04/2013, 02:21   #13

elite*gold: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Μatthew View Post
Obviously yes, coz 5 < 10
Old 09/04/2013, 02:22   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vergante View Post
In the next patch they're introducing a new notification that tells you if you don't have enough games played to get the rewards. Wait for that.
3.11 or 3.12?
Old 09/04/2013, 10:45   #15

i wanna see the faces of ppl who bought 3on3 dia/challenger teams now xDDD
Thanks
1 User