Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > League of Legends > League of Legends Guides & Strategies
You last visited: Today at 14:50

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Letís Learn to Play Footsies; Positioning Your AD Carry in Lane

Old   #1

elite*gold: 65
Thumbs up Letís Learn to Play Footsies; Positioning Your AD Carry in Lane

Writer’s Note: All positioning tips are given with the assumption that wards have been placed in basic spots needed to protect the Carry from potential ganks.

The majority of League players want to be that character that swings their sword wildly over their head, screaming “Demacia!”, running into battle with vigor and malice. That stigma follows players into the bottom lane where they are forced to cooperatively play with a stranger (or friend) and position themselves to get the kill they desire. Therein lies the problem that most AD carries suffer from: how to position for a kill.
Quote:
Footsies is the constant movement towards and away from your opponent in conjunction with pokes in an attempt to gain a positional advantage and/or cause your opponent to make a mistake.
In fighting games (Street Fighter, King of Fighters, Tekken, etc) this action has been coined as “Footsies”. Footsies is the constant movement towards and away from your opponent in conjunction with pokes in an attempt to gain a positional advantage and/or cause your opponent to make a mistake. While this can be linked very strongly with all of the lanes in the League of Legends standard meta, it is most important in the bottom lane (given a standard AD/Support vs AD/Support) because it is 2v2 in the Footsies match. Essentially, you and your support need to work as one entity to win the advantage in positioning or secure that kill against your lane opponents.

As the team’s AD Carry, your number one job is to farm. The more creep score (CS) you have by mid-game, the better you’re going to suit your team for potential fights and ganks. While using the following positioning tips to your advantage, you should not only be looking for ganks, but you should be weighing the benefit of losing CS to deny experience or farm from the enemy. Keep in mind that every time you make a move, your opponent is going to react to it, so we can use this to our advantage to dominate bottom lane.

I like to divide the bottom lane into three different areas, and for this demonstration we’ll look at the above picture. When you first make it into the lane, you’re going to sit in Area B, until you or your enemy pushes you out to either Area A or Area C (depending on blue or purple side). For the beginner carry, you should try to keep your lane stalled in Area B for as long as you can. If the enemy Carry is auto attacking your creeps, don’t be afraid to push down theirs, to try and keep a balance. Do whatever you have to do to keep your lane stalled in Area B, because that gives you control over the river and where you want the enemy to walk to.

Since you’ve stalled yourself in Area B, it’s time to start thinking about how you’re going to position your Carry, along side your Support, to maximize ganks and poke attempts. While playing in the bottom lane, you may have noticed that you can control what your opponent does by simply moving your Carry into different positions. If you’re stalled in Area B, you can walk your carry to the tip of your wave, closest to the river, and that should force the enemy to sit closer to the bushes. If the enemy has decided to auto attack their way to victory, and pushed you back to Area A or Area C, then you need to learn how to position yourself so that your jungler can aid in kills.

For the sake of this article, let’s assume that you’ve been pushed to Area A, just before your tower, on the blue side of the map. Now you’re in a predicament where you do not have river or bush control, and the only entrance for their jungler is through your tri-bush. So how do you properly position yourself so that your jungler has the most control of the situation? To make it simple: you want to force their support out of the bushes, and the enemy Carry toward the river or middle of the lane. Safety and timing are the key factors of staying safe in Area A: You want to minimize the amount of damage you and your support take while forcing your opponent where you want.
When you control the bottom of the lane, you’ll ideally have your Support drop a ward in the brush to try and zone the opposing Support from making it past the end of the bush. You should be working in conjunction with your Support to try and move the wave in a manner that you you can work your way back toward Area B. If the enemy Carry is insistent on keeping you in Area A, then you need to move your character up and down Area A, to force the enemy to forget that they are near the river. When the jungler is ready, assuming he is coming from the side, is when you’ve positioned yourself to capitalize on the gank. Know that the enemy is going to rush toward the bush to try and drop sight, so keeping ahead of them with gap closers and stuns, will nearly secure the kill for you and your lane.
You’re probably asking yourself: “What if my enemy isn’t moving when I move, or is poking me when I get into position?” Then you need to synergize with your Support to maximize lane time. If you positioning yourself in the middle of your wave in Area B for an extended period, you will get a feel on how your enemy reacts. Some times, just keeping your champion in the vicinity, will be enough of a deterrence for the enemy to not attempt to poke. If you move to the top of the wave (which should force them to move to the bottom), then your Support will be waiting in the bushes to force them back.

Now that I’ve equipped you with some simple, yet extremely effective, mind games to play in the bottom lane with, don’t be afraid to talk to your Support. Let them know that you’re going to play with your opponent, that you’re going to deny CS, or setup for a gank at a certain level. By positioning your Carry where you can effectively farm and poke, you’ve leveled up your game and won your lane.

Source:

Thanks
1 User
Old   #2

elite*gold: 0
C&P?

Thanks
1 User
Old   #3

elite*gold: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by [J]oke[R] View Post