Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 13:15

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

how to improve?

Discussion on how to improve? within the League of Legends forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
how to improve?

do you guys have any vids to recommend for a gold player?
Which can/will help me to improve.
Or there might be a free coach who could give me some advices..

i dont have a main role..as im not in a team, etc.

i wanna play every role or at least 3 good and then master maybe 2
Old 02/10/2017, 22:58   #2

Old 02/11/2017, 01:56   #3
Trade Restricted

The Black Market: 281/1/1
You have to pick a main role, with a main champion. That main champ should be in the meta.
Old 02/11/2017, 16:47   #4

elite*gold: 31
Received Thanks: 2,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Escobar View Post
You have to pick a main role, with a main champion. That main champ should be in the meta.
I think this is a very old saying that people keep repeating without really thinking about what they are trying to tell. Someone with good mechanics on different champs and roles can basicaly play every role. The most importand thing is to know when to push, go for objectives, take on teamfights or just farm. All these small decisions that lead to a lose or win are way more importand in my opinion.

Someone can have godlike mechanics on a champ, but if he doesnt understand how to manipulate minion waves, when to play safe/offensive or when to (not) roam he wont get very high.

If you really think about it and give some thought to the game, you see how deep it actually is. I for example even started to count the enemy junglers CS to see how many camps he cleared. That way you can see which jungle routes he is taking to counterjungle his playstyle. It also gives you literally "map hack" if you know how to use this mechanic to your favor. These are all small things that show the difference between diamond and master/challenger players.
Old 02/12/2017, 00:41   #5

elite*gold: 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Musti View Post
I think this is a very old saying that people keep repeating without really thinking about what they are trying to tell. Someone with good mechanics on different champs and roles can basicaly play every role. The most importand thing is to know when to push, go for objectives, take on teamfights or just farm. All these small decisions that lead to a lose or win are way more importand in my opinion.

Someone can have godlike mechanics on a champ, but if he doesnt understand how to manipulate minion waves, when to play safe/offensive or when to (not) roam he wont get very high.

If you really think about it and give some thought to the game, you see how deep it actually is. I for example even started to count the enemy junglers CS to see how many camps he cleared. That way you can see which jungle routes he is taking to counterjungle his playstyle. It also gives you literally "map hack" if you know how to use this mechanic to your favor. These are all small things that show the difference between diamond and master/challenger players.
Lol, that guy is gold. I learned the stuff you're mentioning when I already reached master. Manipulating minion waves is probably one of the most irrelevant mechanic in 'low' elo. And so is counting the enemy junglers cs, anticipating his ganks doesnt really play a big role until you reach a high level of jungling.
It really is all about mastering a role or at least a champion. I'm a main jungler since S3, yet I climbed from gold 1 to Dia V (and #1 on lolskill EUW) in one season by one-tricking Renekton (back when he was good). I didn't know anything about warding or anticipating where the jungler is, let alone wave-management.

@TE: TL;DR: It really comes down to playing your best role and your best champions. If you really want to climb, one-tricking strong champions is probably the best way. Just check out which champions are good/considered op atm and abuse them.
Also, you can watch streams and youtube videos about ur role to improve.
Check out foxdrop, Dong Huap and LS on youtube. They are really good at teaching/coaching.

Websites u can use for that are:

Old 02/12/2017, 07:25   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Bronze Jungler View Post
Lol, that guy is gold. I learned the stuff you're mentioning when I already reached master. Manipulating minion waves is probably one of the most irrelevant mechanic in 'low' elo. And so is counting the enemy junglers cs, anticipating his ganks doesnt really play a big role until you reach a high level of jungling.
It really is all about mastering a role or at least a champion. I'm a main jungler since S3, yet I climbed from gold 1 to Dia V (and #1 on lolskill EUW) in one season by one-tricking Renekton (back when he was good). I didn't know anything about warding or anticipating where the jungler is, let alone wave-management.

@TE: TL;DR: It really comes down to playing your best role and your best champions. If you really want to climb, one-tricking strong champions is probably the best way. Just check out which champions are good/considered op atm and abuse them.
Also, you can watch streams and youtube videos about ur role to improve.
Check out foxdrop, Dong Huap and LS on youtube. They are really good at teaching/coaching.

Websites u can use for that are:

Well i said "he wont get very high.". I think you can easily reach Dia V with one tricking only. But Dia+ to Masters or even Challenger is way easier with the things i mentioned. Also counting CS is extremly strong especially in low elo since the enemy junglers will get fucked and tilted so hard by you predicting everything. Wave manipulating can be importand too when you are preparing to get ganks on your own when you already snowballed the lane to end it even faster.

Do you see a pattern here? With one champ you master you can get pretty far, but each season changes and your champ might fall of the meta so you have to learn a new one...just to be stuck in low elo again for a while until then.

With all the small things i mentioned you actually understand the game, how it works and how you can use the smallest things in your favor to win. Especially in low elo, you can use that experience to absolutely destroy your enemies and smash them so hard they will just give up and tilt in their own team.
Old 02/12/2017, 17:26   #7

Quote:
Well i said "he wont get very high.". I think you can easily reach Dia V with one tricking only. But Dia+ to Masters or even Challenger is way easier with the things i mentioned. Also counting CS is extremly strong especially in low elo since the enemy junglers will get ****** and tilted so hard by you predicting everything. Wave manipulating can be importand too when you are preparing to get ganks on your own when you already snowballed the lane to end it even faster.

Do you see a pattern here? With one champ you master you can get pretty far, but each season changes and your champ might fall of the meta so you have to learn a new one...just to be stuck in low elo again for a while until then.

With all the small things i mentioned you actually understand the game, how it works and how you can use the smallest things in your favor to win. Especially in low elo, you can use that experience to absolutely destroy your enemies and smash them so hard they will just give up and tilt in their own team.
Ya well it's not like it takes months to master meta champs. And sure, getting a deeper level of understanding of the game will help you nomatter what rank you're in. However, speaking out of personal experience, choosing and understanding a strong champion comes first. If you outsmart the enemy jungler or manipulate the wave, yet play your champion on a mediocre level you're not getting very far very soon.
Old 02/13/2017, 17:00   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Bronze Jungler View Post
Ya well it's not like it takes months to master meta champs. And sure, getting a deeper level of understanding of the game will help you nomatter what rank you're in. However, speaking out of personal experience, choosing and understanding a strong champion comes first. If you outsmart the enemy jungler or manipulate the wave, yet play your champion on a mediocre level you're not getting very far very soon.
Im not saying that i disagree with you. There are sure people who can reach Dia with mechanics only. What im saying is that i would take a guy with good understanding of the game over a one trick riven any day. You can learn new champs and improve after a short time to climb again, but in the end you wont reach your full potential. This "game" is deeper than most people realize.

The best example i can think of to show you the difference between mechanics and game understanding is Chess.

You can learn which each individual figure does, you know how they work and how to use them. But you only make a move in each turn after thinking for a short time. But you won't be able to beat the best chess players in the world with "mechanics" and understanding how chess figures (champs) work. The best chess players know what you will do 10 turns before you even think of it. They beat you with knowledge, experience and simply outplay you with their strategy.

Now playing against the world Champs in Chess by simply understanding how chess works feels like beating them is impossible right? This logic can also be applied to LoL, even if one lane sucks dick with mechanics. If your team works together and still knows what your enemies will do later in the game you can slowly beat them without them even realizing what happened. In the end they will press the "continue" button on their DEFEAT screen and wonder "how the fuck did we lose this?".
Old 02/13/2017, 23:56   #9

Quote:
Im not saying that i disagree with you. There are sure people who can reach Dia with mechanics only. What im saying is that i would take a guy with good understanding of the game over a one trick riven any day. You can learn new champs and improve after a short time to climb again, but in the end you wont reach your full potential. This "game" is deeper than most people realize.

The best example i can think of to show you the difference between mechanics and game understanding is Chess.

You can learn which each individual figure does, you know how they work and how to use them. But you only make a move in each turn after thinking for a short time. But you won't be able to beat the best chess players in the world with "mechanics" and understanding how chess figures (champs) work. The best chess players know what you will do 10 turns before you even think of it. They beat you with knowledge, experience and simply outplay you with their strategy.

Now playing against the world Champs in Chess by simply understanding how chess works feels like beating them is impossible right? This logic can also be applied to LoL, even if one lane sucks dick with mechanics. If your team works together and still knows what your enemies will do later in the game you can slowly beat them without them even realizing what happened. In the end they will press the "continue" button on their DEFEAT screen and wonder "how the fuck did we lose this?".
Well, I understood your point but I'm not content with that. Gold games are not to be compared with a game of chess. And it always depends on what the guy you're trying to teach already knows. If he is a otp Riven, go ahead and explain him how to win his lane by manipulating minion waves, how to read the enemies junglers moves, how and when to roam or whatever. That surely makes sense. Yet, it's a fact that a huge majority of those who feel like they're stuck in a certain elo have a decent winrate on like 3-4 champions (maybe 60% on 30 games or smth) but also have ranked games with like 113 other champions. That's barely ever gonna work out regarding climbing the ladder.

And last of all, all those small mechanics are way too complicated for the average beginner to understand and use ingame. You gotta keep it simple.
Old 02/14/2017, 16:59   #10

Received Thanks: 1,858
The reason why you should main a champ is because you will stop wasting focus about your champ,kit, mechanics and start thinking more about macro play because you know your limits and what to do in which situation.

Thats why you should main low mechanics champs because you dont have to focus on landing your complex combo.
Old 02/22/2017, 08:46   #11

elite*gold: 61
Write me an PN. I'm a dia player main jgl.
I can give u a coach lesson for free.
Regards :^
Old 02/24/2017, 14:23   #12

elite*gold: 15
Well i Count cs also and im a fckin diamond 4 sht player... I main jungle now for 4 seasons and i can say it is completly useless to count jungle CS of enemy in gold- platin or often in diamond too...

For some reasons which i like to point out: Shoutcalling in low elo is contra productive because if you start writing or pinging this ppl just think you wanna say them " ure garbage" so there is no point to ping stuff... even if you do, they wont listen.

Counterjungling is the only reason why u should at least know the Spawn times of camps!

So you can get your personal advantage in low elo. Its all about YOUR advantage in low elo, its not like: yay i start in min 1 to think its a team game. It only becomes a teamgame on teamfights, before just try to get the lead on your own or max on an hypercarry.

The only good thing you can do is to ward deep in enemy jungle for your mates.

Dont buy 1 pink, if you got enough money buy at least 2 and the Warding jungle item.

If you really know how to play your champ and how to rotate over map than take advantage of a early enemy topside gank. For usuall i look for the matchup if its good for me i counter gank it. if not i get pink and go for lvl 4 drake. easy