Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Last Chaos
You last visited: Today at 03:05

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

November Source: Timed out Error. Can't get past the character select screen

Discussion on November Source: Timed out Error. Can't get past the character select screen within the Last Chaos forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
November Source: Timed out Error. Can't get past the character select screen

Hi. I have compiled the november server and client. Both seem to run fine. However when I select a character to enter the game I get timed out. I can make new characters and delete characters no problem. But I can't enter the game. Does anyone know what I need to do to enter the game without getting timed out?
Old 04/18/2020, 23:10   #2

elite*gold: 104
Check the game server logs of the moment you select the character
Old 04/19/2020, 00:05   #3

You need to use better files
Old 04/19/2020, 00:23   #4

Old 04/19/2020, 00:31   #5

go to GameServer/LogFiles and show us what channel 1 logs when you choose your character
Old 04/19/2020, 00:38   #6

Old 04/19/2020, 04:17   #7

elite*gold: 5493
Usually i would say there is some invalid information in the appear-msg or something like that, but from my experience i know that this could also easily be a database issue.

So first i would check if you are using the correct database, if thats the case, then attach a debugger onto the gameserver and check whats happening. (search for the char_load or MSG_APPEAR, i cant remember actually but something like this should be fine)
To be honest: If you dont know how to debug the gameserver, you wont be able to do much more with the source code, so why not go for precompiled files?
Old 04/28/2020, 03:37   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by † Slash † View Post
Usually i would say there is some invalid information in the appear-msg or something like that, but from my experience i know that this could also easily be a database issue.

So first i would check if you are using the correct database, if thats the case, then attach a debugger onto the gameserver and check whats happening. (search for the char_load or MSG_APPEAR, i cant remember actually but something like this should be fine)
To be honest: If you dont know how to debug the gameserver, you wont be able to do much more with the source code, so why not go for precompiled files?
and where i can get precompiled files or just source ?
Old 04/28/2020, 14:17   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielskinter View Post
and where i can get precompiled files or just source ?
Old 05/02/2020, 03:07   #10

I resolved this problem weeks ago by using better source code. Thread can be closed. Not sure why that guy is pretending to be me.