Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Guild Wars 2
You last visited: Today at 03:06

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

How to get map files for pathfinding bot

Discussion on How to get map files for pathfinding bot within the Guild Wars 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
How to get map files for pathfinding bot

Hello,

I try to program a bot which uses a navigation mesh to navigate trough the map.

I found software that can generate a mesh from the map:

In order to use Recast I need the map files out of the gw2.dat. Is there any possibility to do this?

Or does someone know how to generate a mesh without the map files? Maybe read real-time player-coordinates out of the memory, generate a point after a coordinate-offset everytime and run over the entire map?

Does anybody have some tips or tutorials to program a pathfinding bot based on a navigation mesh?
Old 01/12/2016, 19:36   #2

I used this to extract map files
Look at source code of the Tyria 3D to figure out how terrain generation should be done.
Old 01/12/2016, 21:09   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agedyn View Post
I used this to extract map files
Look at source code of the Tyria 3D to figure out how terrain generation should be done.
Hey, already tried out GW2Browser. I extracted some Map Files but I don't know how to open this files. The browser gives me for example a "473992.cntc" file. Tried to open it with some programs but no success.

Tyria3D is new to me. I will looking on it. Thanks.
Old 01/13/2016, 17:17   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SturmGhost View Post
The browser gives me for example a "473992.cntc" file. Tried to open it with some programs but no success.
You have to make your own tool to get collision geometry out of the mapc files. I think that Rhoot has made a library for parsing them.
Old 02/24/2018, 23:11   #5

I'm back at this topic.

Is there any useful literature I can read to better understand this terrain/mesh topic?