Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Guild Wars 2
You last visited: Today at 20:07

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

GW2 are on a banning rampage!

Discussion on GW2 are on a banning rampage! within the Guild Wars 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
GW2 are on a banning rampage!

I think they are really cracking down on gold buying because 6 of my friends were banned for 24 hours including myself.

I used player auctions (Hand-Made and heidi)

I didn't actually buy gold though I bought ecto's and they sent me 100g free which I think didn't help things.

The sellers themselves were perfect but I think Anet are just really banning people a lot now, I've been banned twice now and each time it was because I used player auctions and not a small-scale seller.

Also I think once you get caught you are like blacklisted forever so they watch your account more - doesn't matter if you feed Anet loads of money they'll still ban you and take the items. They took my pre and some gold off my account so guys be careful cause Anet are banning loads of people and they banned one of my friends for 90g worth lol. :/

Also I wouldn't be surprised if Arena Net set up fake player auctions accounts to ban people themselves.
Old 10/22/2015, 10:19   #2

I bet you work for arenanet
Old 10/22/2015, 15:47   #3

Is it safe to buy gold from epvp? has anyone tried it recently?
Old 10/23/2015, 09:04   #4

I wish I worked for Anet lol, but yeah I dunno if I can even buy gold anymore I feel like my account is black listed. o_O

I know this site generally seems to be okay with the gold/item sellers, cause you can see what country they are from on skype but even then I dunno if that's genuine.

I really do think that anet are probably setting people up on player auctions though, I mean it was like instantly after I got the mail, logged out 5 mins and then banned, similar for my friends cause they all bought off player auctions.
Old 10/23/2015, 09:14   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittiePaw View Post
I wish I worked for Anet lol, but yeah I dunno if I can even buy gold anymore I feel like my account is black listed. o_O

I know this site generally seems to be okay with the gold/item sellers, cause you can see what country they are from on skype but even then I dunno if that's genuine.

I really do think that anet are probably setting people up on player auctions though, I mean it was like instantly after I got the mail, logged out 5 mins and then banned, similar for my friends cause they all bought off player auctions.
Buy elitepvp then, try to stick to private NA seller (if you're from NA). Also don't buy gold on that account if you're flagged.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/24/2015, 02:54   #6

Received Thanks: 1,002
bought gold via mmoga and got instantly cought ... but with no ban.. i only got a friendly email that there system noticed it (seems like they have lot of reseller accounts or accounts who sending lot of gold/items on a watchlist) and i should stop it.. so a 2nd chance. Maybe because it were only 50g.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/24/2015, 03:07   #7

on other games aswell! ther dont ban the goldseller ther ban the players for buying it!
Old 10/24/2015, 22:19   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by phreeak View Post
bought gold via mmoga and got instantly cought ... but with no ban.. i only got a friendly email that there system noticed it (seems like they have lot of reseller accounts or accounts who sending lot of gold/items on a watchlist) and i should stop it.. so a 2nd chance. Maybe because it were only 50g.
Nah, I bought 500g and got the same email, twice. The first time was around a year ago, the second was afew days ago. I'm not 100% how it works, if they dont have enough evidence its a gold seller or what, im just thankful it wasnt banned.
Old 10/24/2015, 23:52   #9

DO NOT buy gold from companies, do you think anet is stupid and doesn't list most of the major companies that are on like the first 10 pages? Buy gold from player to player.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/25/2015, 06:12   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadisticdane View Post
Nah, I bought 500g and got the same email, twice. The first time was around a year ago, the second was afew days ago. I'm not 100% how it works, if they dont have enough evidence its a gold seller or what, im just thankful it wasnt banned.
same.
me also would like to know how the check it out exactly
but i guesss ther just track the goldseller and let them do ther jop.

mmoga almost all games u get warrning or ban if not first time .... maybe ther have spion ?

or maybe just win win situation ? sell gold and then sell the names :d
Old 10/29/2015, 12:14   #11

I used to do mule accounts where the gold sellers sell and then transfer from my bank to main char. Yes my character and 3 of my friends who do the same got banned on mule account.
Old 10/29/2015, 21:45   #12

I bought more then 10k gold gw2 EU and never had any problems, just bought 1k gold last week#

edit: bought from company, np
Old 11/01/2015, 16:44   #13

I have no idea why they pick on certain people and turn a blind eye to others. I've heard people's theories of "oh if you give Anet loads of money in gems they won't ban you" but it really isn't like that, I've given Anet thousands over 3 years and I still get banned.

If you use a mule account you are a lot better off either way though. I have a personal bank guild so I've been getting my personal seller off here to literally just put the items in my guild bank instead because it's much safer, plus if you're a regular they can just stay in your guild and look genuine. :3

Pay day = my sellers pay day too, and I don't have to farm ridiculous hours to get what I want so I can actually enjoy the game without having to worry about farming forever.

Also guys if you can, buy items instead of gold because now there is a 500g gold limit it's more suspicious to be maxing that out imo.

I wish they would just allow us to have gold buying and then ban the account hackers but the genuine players who trade gold to each other should be allowed, **** would be a lot more peaceful and we wouldn't get PTSD from these stupid bans. Some people spend literally THOUSANDS on their accounts over years, and to ban such a thing permanently because they do what they like to do which is buying gold is ridiculous and unfair imo.

Doesn't EVE online just let you buy gold? I'm sure a certain MMO allows it, forgot the name though lol.

Anyway thanks for the replies, good luck with your future gold buying.
Old 11/02/2015, 03:44   #14

elite*gold: 512
i didnt read everyone's comments but i garentee that the reason you got banned is because of player auctions that place got me banned 3 times .i have had nothing but issues with them from selling me stolen equipment and accounts to just taking forever to get my gold it took me almost 5 months to get my account back the last time
Old 11/02/2015, 18:02   #15

Why are you even buying gold now? You can bot your gold