Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Guild Wars 2 > GW2 Main - Discussions / Questions
You last visited: Today at 23:36

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

GW2 are on a banning rampage!

Old   #31

elite*gold: 0
i got banned also used midnight and gw2god

Old   #32

I got banned for using autoloot on midnight, i also use sweetFX i wonder if that what the "third party software" they were talking about. does anyone have experience with buying game keys off of the epvp store, that is willing to tell me if they are good I see they are powered by are associated with mmoga.

Old   #33

Typical Anet. Should have seen it coming. Lost 28 accs in GW1.

Used Autoloot and sometimes TP on my Main. Funny thing. My second account was never logged in with Midnight. Banned too. Hate that they ban all Accounts from the same IP.
Old   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Back~ View Post
Typical Anet. Should have seen it coming. Lost 28 accs in GW1.

Used Autoloot and sometimes TP on my Main. Funny thing. My second account was never logged in with Midnight. Banned too. Hate that they ban all Accounts from the same IP.
Why do they even do this? You agree to the EULA with each account separately, but you haven't done anything with one account. How have you broken the EULA with that account?

Is this legal?

Old   #35

Its perfectly legal to do its as a part of EULA you agreed to. something along the lines of "We hold the right to terminate your accounts for any reason we see fit" is usually in all game Eula's... what we really need is a Spy-GM to take bribes to get accounts un-banned lol xD.
Old   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by glh290 View Post
Its perfectly legal to do its as a part of EULA you agreed to. something along the lines of "We hold the right to terminate your accounts for any reason we see fit" is usually in all game Eula's... what we really need is a Spy-GM to take bribes to get accounts un-banned lol xD.
So basically they can steal from us?

"We hold the right to terminate your account for any reason we fit"

They can just ban every single person or half of the user who paid $100 for the HoT expantion even if they didn't cheat? Who can go against Anet to make them prove that those people really cheat?

I am interested to hire a lawyer and sue them. This situation irritate me.
It is true that I cheated but I deserv a warning or a punishment since I paid $100 for the game.

Would be good to sue them to teach them a lesson!
Old   #37

guild wars 2 collects hardware ids.... thats why once you get banned on one account it spreads like fires to others... ip bans are too unreliable, because you can be sharing ips with other players even without using vpns... something like NAT router on a big school for example would have 100+ students having identical ips (from outsider view, please read more about NATs if you don't know what I mean) thus they are also doing hwid collections

there was a really interesting post in mmominion about this

EDIT: further digging it seems like they've ban a lot of people based on assumption that only botter uses vmware ->
Old   #38

elite*gold: 80
If you got banned, check your GW2 folder for a Midnight log file. (or any other files put there by hack tools) ANET can scan their own game directory without infringing on your right to privacy.

This ban has nothing to do with VMWare or other hacks (e.g. teleporting) in general.

Further, if you got banned:
1) Your only hope to restore your account is an "I got hacked" defense. This works best if you weren't using an authenticator as your e-mail could reasonably also use the same password as your GW2 account.
2) If you can't restore your account, make sure to have PayPal or your CC company issue a charge back against ANET. Simply document that you made a purchase for a service from ANET which they are now refusing to provide and that there is no evidence of a TOS violation. (ANET will state explicitly in their e-mails to you that they will not provide evidence)
Thanks
1 User
Old   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrezzz View Post
guild wars 2 collects hardware ids.... thats why once you get banned on one account it spreads like fires to others... ip bans are too unreliable, because you can be sharing ips with other players even without using vpns... something like NAT router on a big school for example would have 100+ students having identical ips (from outsider view, please read more about NATs if you don't know what I mean) thus they are also doing hwid collections

there was a really interesting post in mmominion about this

EDIT: further digging it seems like they've ban a lot of people based on assumption that only botter uses vmware -> https://twitter.com/Shazbawt/status/559989842595938304 (last banwave that this has happened)

EDIT2: even further digging... it seems like if you've been flagged by both ip and hwid, even if you've bought new account (from official sites/retailers) and never ever hack/bot ever again, there is a chance you might get banned just coz you've been flagged harshly
so just because you have the same hwid and ip, you broke the EULA?
Old   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyn0x View Post
so just because you have the same hwid and ip, you broke the EULA?
Not always, but most likely.
Old   #41

Well everything is only speculation but you should go on mmominion and ask about this... since they seem to be hardcore botters having servers running bots (gosh... like they're making living out of this lol). So I think they have a better statistics and experience about this...
Old   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrezzz View Post
Well everything is only speculation but you should go on mmominion and ask about this... since they seem to be hardcore botters having servers running bots (gosh... like they're making living out of this lol). So I think they have a better statistics and experience about this...
i'm talking about legal stuff not anets arbitrariness
Old   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittiePaw View Post
I think they are really cracking down on gold buying because 6 of my friends were banned for 24 hours including myself.

I used player auctions (Hand-Made and heidi)
I'll have to stop you right there. If they purchased from Playerauctions you need to report Hand-Made as he is actually submitting tickets to Guild Wars 2 GM and claiming authorized transaction after he pressures you to complete order.

-DO NOT BUY GOLD / ITEMS ANYWHERE.

If you've been scammed or banned after a trade with Hand-Made report this user and setup a request for your money back asap.

http://www.playerauctions.com/help/c...port-a-member/

Lastly if you want a safe program GWminion is relatively safe based on how you use it. I use the teleport to target. teleport to set "bind point" (use this to avoid dying and make it look like I d/c). Lastly, running speed I set my speed only 25% higher than my base speed. (Go full ****** running speed when I need to uncover all the shrouds then move at normal speed to unlock all the waypoints POI etc.)
Old   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittiePaw View Post
Also I think once you get caught you are like blacklisted forever so they watch your account more - doesn't matter if you feed Anet loads of money they'll still ban you and take the items. They took my pre and some gold off my account so guys be careful cause Anet are banning loads of people and they banned one of my friends for 90g worth lol. :/
Also if they perma ban you and you put alot of money into there company and you've used a credit card. You can file a fraud dispute claiming the "bait and switch clause" it works and you can reclaim all the money you spent from them as long it's within a 90 day window. I've done this in the past and reclaimed +4k back cause they think their rule is final.

So if you get banned simply file a fraud dispute on every single Anet transaction.
Old   #45

Hey SnipaFox how do I do that? I've spent probably almost 1k into the game, which sucks since I got permabanned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipaFox View Post
Also if they perma ban you and you put alot of money into there company and you've used a credit card. You can file a fraud dispute claiming the "bait and switch clause" it works and you can reclaim all the money you spent from them as long it's within a 90 day window. I've done this in the past and reclaimed +4k back cause they think their rule is final.

So if you get banned simply file a fraud dispute on every single Anet transaction.
Forgot to quote lol