Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Guild Wars 2
You last visited: Today at 01:45

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Request] Whisper a Bot to do a Command - PvP Custom Arena

Discussion on [Request] Whisper a Bot to do a Command - PvP Custom Arena within the Guild Wars 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Request] Whisper a Bot to do a Command - PvP Custom Arena

Hello!

I am Falelights aka Saiyan.1704 from the GW2 forums. I consider myself a very competitive GW2 PvPer so I think i'll fit right in with ElitePvPers.com :P

This is in regards to the excessive trolling in 1v1 custom arenas.

I was wondering if it's possible to make a program that can read in-game messages. I'd like to message my second GW2 account: SecondaryAccount.1234 with a command to Kick Player1.1234"

My intentions is to reduce the amount of trolls by placing a "bot" (not really a bot) in spectate mode to allow designated players to whisper that Account and kick players.

I did a quick google search and got this site:
It talks about DROPBOX and IFTTT

I could send a text to my computer and my computer can issue a Windows Script command. Essentially.. I could make a script to msg my computer to type, "/kick player.1234" Being already logged into GW2, the script with enable and the computer will type out the Kick command on screen. In theory.

It sounds simple but again, i'm very new to script and programming in general. Love to receive help!
Old 08/05/2015, 05:34   #2

Just wanted to say that I was able to make a program to accomplish just that.

-I used Dropbox to create a .txt file on my phone. My computer also has Dropbox so this .txt file will appear there as well.
-An ongoing program reads the .txt file and types out the contents.

This enabling me to kick and/or ban people if I am away from my computer.

The catches
1) Guild members (or people I trust) has to text me a player.1234 account name to kick/ban. If their account name is something ridiculous like "lilililiililililililili".1452" then it could be very difficult to grab their name effectively without errors.
Solution: Right clicking people's names and send them an email. When the email comes up, so will their names. Highlight the name and use Ctrl + C key to copy it.

One method of contact is the LINE app for windows. It's a cross platform chat app for Windows, IOS and Android devices that's able to create chat groups or private messages.
Old 08/05/2015, 16:58   #3

elite*gold: 100
Your method is ok. And if it works it works. Right?

There's also an easier to use but harder to create method.
This involves Client-Server application. Where your Client (The listener) will wait for the command from the Server.
And once a command is received, it will execute it.
And it would be best if this feature can be hooked/injected to the game client.
So that you'll be like directly sending a command to the game client. (I hope you're not confused by that). xD
Old 08/06/2015, 02:50   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by killzone View Post
Your method is ok. And if it works it works. Right?

There's also an easier to use but harder to create method.
This involves Client-Server application. Where your Client (The listener) will wait for the command from the Server.
And once a command is received, it will execute it.
And it would be best if this feature can be hooked/injected to the game client.
So that you'll be like directly sending a command to the game client. (I hope you're not confused by that). xD
I just don't know the way-about to create the Client-Server method. My code was incredibly simple (beginner level) and it still took hours to complete

I do understand game injections though. I don't want to directly modify/manipulate game memory, as it could potentially lead to a breach of Game Policy