Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Guild Wars 2 > GW2 Main - Discussions / Questions
You last visited: Today at 03:41

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Colluding in trading company

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Colluding in trading company

Hey I'm just wondering if this has been actively done in this forum - colluding. I've just started playing GW2 and I remember how I colluded with forums in Runescape, with similar trading system to earn a lot of profits. If you are not familiar with collusion, it's basically getting a lot of people to invest in a certain item by buying most of the supply in the market and hold it till the price rise to maybe 300% its original value before selling it all together at a fixed price. This requires a lot of trust between members as when one sells early, the profit is low or others may make a loss.

Old   #2

elite*gold: 1091
Received Thanks: 7,159
Sounds interesting, never heard of collusion. However, I don't think this will work here, how many people are needed to properly collude?

Old   #3

For collusion, we just need to buy 80% and more of the supply in the market. So we just need enough people with a collective fund to do that. I'm sure this is very doable in GW2 as there were many more players in Runescape. About a group of 40 with an average amount gold is sufficient. The trick is to buy a highly traded item (maybe superior runes or intermediate crafting items) which in-coming supply from farming PVE is slow. I was one of the member who followed the rules and that was like 10 years ago. As such, I'm not aware of the factors that affects the optimal time to start selling. However, I know there are factors attributed to it as there were spoilers who sold it early and screwed the whole thing up. This is why the group has to be kept small, private and controlled. If anybody knows which item that is being colluded, it'll ruin the operation as well. I'll start researching...
Thanks
1 User
Old   #4

as far as i know it was already done with charged lodestones

Old   #5

And silved doublons too was affected