Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 04:08

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Play the TP - How?

Old   #1

elite*gold: 27
Question Play the TP - How?

So I've been wanting to get a legendary for a long time and have farmed 350gold so far with dungeons/drops/daily events etc. Looking at my current daily income I am still months away from my goal (1700gold or more) doing this routine.

I've read a lot about playing the TP but can't find any up2date guide that explains everything and more important in a newcomer-friendly way. So maybe you guys can help me out here.

Everyone says "buy low and sell high" using buy&sell orders. But when I've tried it myself I ran into the problem that even if I can grab some cheap pieces of gear (lvl 20 gear/trinkets) from buy orders, I can hardly sell them again and have to relist them several times (which in the end kills the profit).

I simply can't understand how people can make money doing this. Am I buying the wrong items or maybe the wrong amounts? Maybe I'm doing something else wrong? :<

People also tell me to use websites such as gw2spidy.com or gw2tp.com to find a Niche but I have no clue how to read the neccessary infos from there.

I'd also appreciate if you add me on skype or ingame (IGN per PM) for direct chatting.

thx a lot in advance.

TLDR: 350 gold starting capital, want to play TP to get a legendary but have no idea how.

Old   #2

elite*gold: 1091
Received Thanks: 7,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by bristiK View Post
even if I can grab some cheap pieces of gear (lvl 20 gear/trinkets) from buy orders, I can hardly sell them again and have to relist them several times (which in the end kills the profit).
Nearly no one is interested in level 20 gear except the ones who want to level up their characters.

Flipping is an easy and basic process, people were right when they told you how it works (buy low, sell high) but you'll need to find your very own niche since nobody will tell you their profitable niche.

Old   #3

elite*gold: 27
I understand that, but what market should I aim for. I know I won't get any itemnames here.

1) Should I just look for armors or take another route and go for crafting mats?
2) if I find something, buy in large bulks and slowly sell by undercutting sellorders?
3) how do I see when/if to buy/sell using gw2spidy ?
Old   #4

elite*gold: 0
1) you've to find items which you can flip/trade
2) if you buy, for example, 5k orichalcum ore and sell it instantly there will be players who underbid you, so you should sell the 5k step by step.
3) with gw2spidy you can see when the price is low, You must register and activate your account in order to view images. . buy at the low price and sell at high price^^

Old   #5

Or just go easy mode and buy cheap 80 exotic for low and sell for high?
Old   #6

I suggest leveling an Elemental and doing ascalon p3 solo. Will reward about 12g/30 min or 24g/h.

Its not that hard, I used to teach people how its done ingame.

Tags
gold, gw2, tp, trading