Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 17:53

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

SAB - I had to go deeper...

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
SAB - I had to go deeper...

Heya pals,

first off, this is a thread containing useless info. It wonīt help you doing anything. All info here is purely for the fun of it, much like the "fun facts" you find about other stuff. So if you donīt enjoy exploring stuff beyond normal boundaries, itīll be a waste of your time. But if you do, read on

Since the SAB is leaving us tomorrow, i finally embarked on my quest to find out whats behind those nice pixelated skyboxes. I was driven by the pure possibility to get a preview of whats going to come. Given that in absolutely adored the SAB, i a m pretty upset itīll be gone. And thats not told from a economical point of view.

Long story short here is what i found. Sadly, its not that much or interesting as i thought. But it can surely heat on some conspiracy theories.

- the complete SAB is build in ONE single instance. Its not seperated into several maps. Its literally a persisting world although cut in pieces by the different zones.

- Rooms like shops, secrets and the shortcut worm do have a set location. You may already noticed that because of team memberīs names showing through walls when they are in- and you outside.

- The princess is not even in a castle yet. Yes, thats right - i scanned the whole area the instace of the SAB is covering (and thats actually quite a big map) but no evidence of any kind of castle found.

- TL;DR Here are the screenshots i took on my journey. Enjoy Description of the shots are right below their respective link.

epvpImg: play less, UPLOAD MOAR!
Inside of some rift i found, and underground. Filled with water.

epvpImg: *burp*, images are delicious.
Same location, still underground, but outside of the water. Surface not visible outside.

epvpImg: *nomnomnom*, we eat your images.
Again in the rift, but now on its surface.

epvpImg: Don't read the site title, upload images!
Thats the rift viewed from a distance. Quite long, and you can swim from one end to the other in underground.

epvpImg: Don't read the site title, upload images!
World 1-2 and 1-3 are actual neighbours.

epvpImg: A picture is worth a thousand words.
The shortcut-worm actually begins in World 1-3 and ends in World 1-2.

epvpImg: Nyanyanyanyanyanyanya!
The area outside of the known four zones is almost fully covered by this zigzag-pattern.

epvpImg: simple.
Undeground floating cinema? Actually quite yes, it does serve a purpose.

epvpImg: *burp*, images are delicious.
This is where the map gets drawn inside the loadings screens. Camera is placed here at that time.

epvpImg: superb image hosting.
Whatever this guy is doing, he is doing it wrong...

epvpImg: play less, UPLOAD MOAR!
A lot of the area underneath World 1-1 is covered by lava

epvpImg: Nyanyanyanyanyanyanya!
To me, this looks like an unfinished part of the mentioned hard mode version. Stepstones everywhere, they have put some work into this.

epvpImg: simple.
The bonus round mine wagon is actually a lot closer to the finish line than youīd think...

Found another mine wagon at the end of one of those zigzag-lines, targettable, vulnerable and destroyable

epvpImg: superb image hosting.
This is me after almost five minutes of hard stick swinging work.

It finally blew up, leaving nothing behind but some burned debris instead of the epic mass of baubles iīd expect for 10 minutes of stick swinging.

epvpImg: segami <- images spelled backwards, cool huh?
flag poles! the flag is already animated, flapping around.

epvpImg: We <3 elitepvpers and cookies!
And this is my final resting place. This oneīs definitly going to my treasure case of "Where i have been"- screenshots.

PS: Sorry for that block of textlinks, but i canīt manage to get the images properly shown as thumbnails. Well, it will have to work this way :S maybe some admin or moderator can do me a favor and put it into a spoiler?

Oh, and i am not responsible for the weird link captions. These are completly random generated by the forum software

Disclaimer: The tool used to go where no man was before was . Thanks to the creator, i had a blast

Thanks
1 User