Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Guild Wars 2
You last visited: Today at 09:00

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Methods used to find offsets?

Discussion on Methods used to find offsets? within the Guild Wars 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Methods used to find offsets?

Can anyone explain in detail how to go about finding these important areas of code?

What tools to use?
What am I searching for etc.

Thank You
Pure NooB
Old 01/23/2013, 12:15   #2

If you're new to this then start with Cheat Engine tutorials and simply go from there. But keep in mind that you will not be able to write hacks any time soon. Finding values in memory with CE is one thing. But most of the time you'll also need the help of a debugger like Olly or IDA to do some more advanced stuff. But you'll get there eventually, if you just start somewhere.
Old 01/23/2013, 15:29   #3

I get the old school stuff like searching for values changing and stuff, but is it relative to say the teleport hack for guild wars 2 or are we disassembling the exe and looking for assembly references and then no oping the jumps to the errors
Old 01/23/2013, 16:14   #4

As far is i know the teleport hack is memory based. You don't need to disassemble the client for that. From what i've seen there are three different locations in memory that store your xyz position. Only one of them visually affects your character. But you should change all three of them nonetheless. Then you have to use a certain skill to sync your character so that it doesn't pop back to its 'original' location.

Here's a list of skills you can use to sync your character when you changed its location:
Old 01/23/2013, 16:34   #5

elite*gold: 1826
Received Thanks: 6,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by nopsled View Post
As far is i know the teleport hack is memory based.
Partially. There are other methods, too.