Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Guild Wars 2
You last visited: Today at 20:30

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Guild Wars 2 Wont Start Fix

Discussion on Guild Wars 2 Wont Start Fix within the Guild Wars 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Post Guild Wars 2 Wont Start Fix

This is the problem I had, I would launch my guild wars 2 from the desktop and nothing would happen, this also happend with the GW2 installer:

Now after messing around with a bunch of methods that didnt work I decided to run an AVG virus scan, turns out my GW2.exe was infected. So I removed every file to do with guild wars 2. After that the guild wars installer worked just fine. Thats how I fixed my problem, however most people may need a different solution, so in this thread I will make a list of every solution.

Other things to try:

Re-install graphics drivers:
Find out what graphics card you are using by pressing the windows + R keys and typing into the run box "dxdiag" , then click display and It will say at the top. Surf google to find the most up to date driver for this card.

Use old launcher:
Right click on your guild wars 2 shortcut > go to properties > then on the end of the target field add -useoldlauncher > It should look something like this: "E:\Games\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe" -useoldlauncher"

Do you a registry clean up
Download CCleaner from here: - the run it and let it clean your pc

Change your resolution:
Right clicked desktop, selected screen resolution and lowered it. Right clicked gw2 shortcut and added -useoldlauncher at the end of target.
Once the client opened and I got to login menu I selected options, resolution and I chose windowed mode.
Minimazed my game window, right clicked onto desktop to revert my resolution back to 1920x1080.

Turn off your antivirus

Your antivirus may be stopping your client from launching
Old 08/18/2012, 23:44   #2

elite*gold: 0
BUMP FOR MORE TO SEE