Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Guild Wars 2 > GW2 Guides & Strategies
You last visited: Today at 23:56

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[Midnight] Queensdale Copper Farming

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Midnight] Queensdale Copper Farming

I dont really know how many of you would actually like to use this to make a little extra coin, but just thought I'd share this with everyone anyways. I'm working on other low level areas as well so I will update as I finish them.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Copper Queensdale.rar (432 Bytes, 188 views)

Thanks
2 Users
Old   #2

Do copper ore spawns move like the T6 gathering nodes do on new builds?

Old   #3

i guess yes.. also the servername is missing.. no offence, since running around a map marking nodes is kind of some work, but i dont think copper ore is worth it after all.. without EB there are 15 ori spots -> 45 x ori ore per char each worth ~3,2s (3,2s*45=1,44gold) PER CHAR.. takes around 8 mins to gather all 15 ori spots (assuming you ignore omnom/wood/other stuff on same maps worth total around 2,5-3g per char)

letz say, you farm copper ore at 9c per ore.. 1,44g / 0,0009g (=9c) = 1600 copper ore .. so basically you would need to farm and sell 1600 copper ore (534 copper nodes) just to make as much as with 15 ori nodes.. why would anyone do that ?! how many copper nodes are in the starter areas? 10? thats 30 ore = 2,7s .. so basically all copper ore in queensdale is worth 74% of 1 ori ore.. (yes ore.. 1 usage on a ori node for 1 ore)

so, if you park all your chars near any ori node and only hack 1 ore off it - you have made 26% more profit than mining all copper in queensdale with all your chars :/

(if you need copper ore for crafting or what ever, 1 chopping on an ori node and you can buy as much copper ore as there is in queensdale off the tradingpost .. )

again, this is no offence! i do coordinates for mats myselfe every serverreset/patch.. so i know its a lot work.. just dont expect any profit off copperore these days :/
Old   #4

yeah, no offence taken. i just use this on lower level toons to make a few extra silver while waiting on reset. this is definitely not by any means intended to get rich off of. more of a thing to do with your low level alts. like i said in the original post, not sure who will actually want to use it but thought id throw it out there anyways. a few extra silver never hurt anyone lol

Old   #5

Seems like a not too bad way to make some extra coin, far from the most effective though.