Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 20:24

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Starting a bot

Discussion on Starting a bot within the GW Exploits, Hacks, Bots, Tools & Macros forum part of the Guild Wars category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Starting a bot

I'm a pretty good programmer and I want to write a private bot using GWA2 and GWMI, however I'm not getting a lot of info on where to find the source files for either of these or how to set them up to work with AutoIt.

Anyone have any suggestions? I think I read somewhere that GWMI wasn't being developed any longer, but again there's very little material to read. I also tried googling.

The main reason I want to start botting is to speed up my GW2 calculator on my main acct.
Old 02/24/2012, 23:51   #2

currently all common bots use gwca (a dll to inject, not public) or gwa2 (autoit script which self-injects) - they both add direct functionality to read/write the memory / send commands directly to the server... because they are so efficient gwmi and tt6 are not developed anymore.

ddarek postet the current gwa2 here:

you can also find alot information on wiki.g a m e r e v i s i o n.com, the forum there will also be reopened soon and contains alot of information too

hope that helps you getting started =)

edit: to be clear, gwca was once public:
but all patterns are outdated and would need to be updated

example usage of gwa2 can be found on several bots here, e.g. the vaettir one
Old 02/25/2012, 03:32   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl4ck3lit3 View Post
send commands directly to the server... because they are so efficient gwmi and tt6 are not developed anymore.
I doubt there is any public API that manages direct server communication, its still done by the GW Client. The APIs just hook it (please correct me if im wrong!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl4ck3lit3 View Post
but all patterns are outdated and would need to be updated
Actually only a few Patterns need to be updated (*count* should be 9 of 44 Patterns in the latest Revision288, although I didn't check the functionality of everything, just those necessary to me)
But of course there are still some minor changes here and there... and the Pipe communicator had serious problems for me (not due to gw updates), but i dont use it at all

e:
BTW this is the releases section, please post questions next time