Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > General Gaming Discussion > General Gaming Releases
You last visited: Today at 05:34

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Get any influence item with minimal effort

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Exclamation Get any influence item with minimal effort

This came from another board. I did not write this up and have not tried it yet (but I am going too)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

EDITTED WITH SCREENSHOTS

For your faction only, of course. No getting destro gear as order and vice versa

This method is a bit old school involving tsearch, a fancy memory editor. I don't have any other program to do this kind of work, but am open to other suggestions. Googling "tsearch download" will give you plenty of options to grab it. Any version is fine as 99% of the versions on the web are 5+ years old and work (1.6, 1.6b, etc). It comes with a help file that explains what various buttons do. Open tsearch, start WAR, then in tsearch open the WAR process. Now we can begin searching for values.

URL with brief explanation of tsearch -

step 1 - if influence is 0, get some influence in a PQ/RvR area. if your influence is not 0, tsearch for influence value as exact match against 4 bytes. example, you have 100 influence in the high elf chapter 1 PQ. search for "100" as a 4 byte value. you will usually get 100's or 1000000's results. don't worry.
URL for screenshot of influence -
URL for screenshot of tsearch search for 100 -

step 2 - get another batch of influence. kill a mob, gather a item, whatever. do a followup tsearch for new influence value. the search next icon is next to the init search icon. be sure you use search next and not init search. you want to find the new value from amongst the old ones.
URL for screenshot of tsearch follow-up search for 200 (the new influence I got) -
step 3 - repeat step 2 until you get 1 result. this is your client-side influence value. double click the line in the search to place it in the results tab.

step 4 - enable autohack debugger from the authohack menu (if already enabled, it is greyed out). DO NOT FREEZE THE LINE IN THE RESULTS. instead, right-click and select autohack from the popup menu.
URL for autohack step -

step 5 - get more influence via mob kill, item gather, just standing there in a group, however. from the authohack menu, select the autohack window. in the autohack window, it has the mov[eax+0x8],edi instruction (or something similar) in the top. this signifies the instruction that getting influence executed in memory. on the disassembler tab at the bottom of the autohack window, right click the first line (mov [eax+0x8],edi) and select "register."
URL of autohack window with disassembler tab, line value, and register selection -

step 6 - in the register tab of the autohack window, use the red smily face on the BOTTOM checkbox (not the line in the top). in the Replace By box, select the influence you want in HEX (ie, 3000 decimal is BB8 in hex). you can get the hex value with windows calculator in scientific mode. simply type in the decimal, then click the Hex radiobutton to get the hex value. in the Register dropdown, select EDI because mov[eax+0x8],edi is placing the value of [eax+0x8] in the EDI register.
URL for register tab with EDI dropdown + hez value (and smily face) - (note that FA1 is 4001 in hex)

step 7 - get more influence via mob kill, whatever. you will jump up to whatever the decimal value you put in and you should see the influence bar fill up. go back to the rally master and select your influence reward.
URL for screenshot of maxxed influence after next kill -
URL for screenshot of selecting inf reward -

Two things are awesome about this. One, if you keep the autohack enabled, you can go to any chapter pq and the system will be tricked into giving you the influence that you input at step 6. No need to kill or do anything. And two, this is client-side and has been ingame since beta. Yes, for over a year now this has not been fixed. It likely will not be fixed because it's client-side manipulation. I say client-side because if you exit the game and log back in, you will lose all the influence you tricked the system into giving you. You can keep and use the influence rewards, but you will not have any of the influence. No big deal.

It sounds like a lot of work, but really once you get used to it, 5 minutes of effort compared to doing tons of PQs and RvR for influence rewards. Not worth it. And wearing blue influence items/rewards makes leveling much easier.

No doubt someone can make this process programmatically easier. I'm a bit of a dev, but not one who can code at such low level (I'm not a C/C++ fan... damn memory management and pointers). With guidance I could figure some stuff out, though, should someone want to make this an automagic thing.

Good luck!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This was posted by asayama9 on another board =) Didnt know he was a member here as well and this is just to awesome not to share with y'all Thx asayama9

Thanks
16 Users
Old   #2

Edit the post and grab the screenshot links that I put in the other forum as well (if you're gonna copy it all)

Thanks
4 Users
Old   #3

Is this detected?

btw for me the game crashes at step 7
Old   #4

1. frage wie bereits über mir: mir liegt viel an meinem acc kann sowas detected werden und man selber gebannt ? oder ist das "sicher" ?
2. deutsche Übersetzung ?;>

Old   #5

to clarify as I did in the other thread, you put in the amount of influence that is required by the game, not how much influence you need. if the third reward required 32000 influence, the hex value you put in would be like 7D03 (32003) regardless of how much of that influence you already have. this is essentially telling the client what your influence number is, not giving it an addition/subtraction. likely cause of the crash if entering a number way too high.

Also I've only tested on the US version of the game. No clue if this works EU or not
Thanks
1 User
Old   #6

Ok i tested it again. Did exactly the same things as beforce except choosing EDI in step 6 BEFORE typing in the hex value and now it works Great job in finding this. But still there is the question if this can be detected or not?
Old   #7

As it stands, there is no check to detect this. The server still thinks you have X influence even though you trick the client into thinking you have Y influence. That's what allows for the item purchase. If you log off and then back in, your influence will be what it really is (ie, X) instead of what you told it to be (ie, Y).

Theoretically Mythic could add a check to this in much the same way they check your renown rank with renown gear. Apply the same principle to influence items and it would "fix" this problem. However, this problem is over a year old (seriously, I've been using it since early beta) and it doesn't seem like it will be fixed because of the whole client vs server side piece.

Glad you got it working!
Thanks
1 User
Old   #8

Another thing is if you do RvR Inf to get the items (Praag, Cal, ect...) you only have to do this for one land and all 3 T4 Inf reward places are full as well. So if your standing in Praag and do this then you can fly to Thunder Mountian and it will already be done there as well.
Old   #9

I forget, as I have not played WAR for a while (actually going to install it again and update my account tomorrow because of this) don't you get EXP when your INF gets full? Could you not just keep on doing this over and over again to get EXP since your INF resets.

And could you not get ALL the t3 pieces of INF rewards since your INF resets everytime?
Old   #10

elite*gold: 263
Funktioniert wunderbar auch im EU Client, habs grad ausprobiert
Konnte alle Belohnungen in jedem Gebiet holen dann, supergeile sache

Wichtig ist allerdings: Zuerst EDI auswählen, DANN den Hex wert eingeben und als LETZES den Roten Smiley im Register Fenster drücken. Sobald ihr dann Einfluss bekommt schießt der Balken hoch

Gruß
Old   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obnoxious123 View Post
I forget, as I have not played WAR for a while (actually going to install it again and update my account tomorrow because of this) don't you get EXP when your INF gets full? Could you not just keep on doing this over and over again to get EXP since your INF resets.
Never noticed you get exp when ur INF gets full, if so it is very little EXP. Definately not worth the effort/time.

Quote:
And could you not get ALL the t3 pieces of INF rewards since your INF resets everytime?
Nope, the Game remembers which INF Items you already got and you cant choose any other Items of that Tier! I tested it
Old   #12

geht 1a! thanks for share!
Old   #13

Thank you very much, but have a question.
When I received the maximum result for example 33350 for the PQ, in my profile zachtetsya 33350 or influence, I did not get? Profile zachtetsya influence to the table of records?
I would like to get into such a table for example:
https: / / realmwar.warhammeronline.com / realmwar / CharacterLeaderboards.war? server = 2 & interval = 1 & type = 3 & sortType = 0 & sortId = 0
Old   #14

It's not "real" influence, that's why it doesn't update on the warhammer site. You will only show the real influence you have on the site. This is only a client trick that makes the client think you have a certain amount of influence that you really don't have. Sorry if that's not what you were looking for
Old   #15

Managed to get this to work with Cheat Engine also... Thanks for the trick!