Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > General Gaming Discussion
You last visited: Today at 21:01

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Building And Planning Your Stalker

Discussion on Building And Planning Your Stalker within the General Gaming Discussion forum part of the General Gaming category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 1406
The Black Market: 150/0/0
Received Thanks: 15,126
The Stalker Class:
Your Classic ?Ninja With Possible Set of Spines?
(Guide 2 of 5 in this series)

Welcome to part 2 of my 5 part class guide! My best obvious guess to why you are reading this is because you have interest in creating a Stalker when City of Villains finally hits the shelves. Personally, this is my favorite villain class. This class is unique to the others in the light that the weapons they specialize in for their primary power pools are human weapons and blades. Since I provided a Star Wars: Galaxies analogy for part one of the guides, I would have to compare this class most closely to the Fencer or Teras Kasi class in the game mainly because Stalkers deal with katanas and martial arts . One very cool aspect to this class is the option of spines or claws; this can be very cool if the creator of the character is into this kind of stuff.
Let?s start off this guide like I did to the previous one. Here are the skill sets and level requirements for your primary powers:

(Do note that all of this information I am providing for you is pre-release, I will update as there is more to update!)
Primary Powers

Claws
? Level 1 - Swipe
? Level 1 - Strike
? Level 2 - Slash
? Level 6 - Assassin?s Claw
? Level 8 - Build Up (100% Damage Bonus / 5% Accuracy Bonus for 10 Duration)
? Level 12 - Plicate (105% Accuracy for 10 Duration)
? Level 18 - Focus
? Level 26 - Eviscerate
? Level 32 - Shockwave
Energy Melee
? Level 1 - Barrage
? Level 1 - Energy Punch
? Level 2 - Bone Smasher
? Level 6 - Assassin?s Strike
? Level 18 - Stun
? Level 26 - Energy Transfer
? Level 32 - Total Focus
Martial Arts
? Level 1 - Thunder Kick
? Level 1 - Storm Kick
? Level 2 - Crippling Axe Kick
? Level 6 - Assassin?s Blow
? Level 8 - Focus Chi (10 Duration)
? Level 18 - Cobra Strike
? Level 26 - Crane Kick
? Level 32 - Eagles Claw
Ninja Blades
? Level 1 - Sting of Wasp
? Level 1 - Gambler?s Cut
? Level 2 - Flashing Steel
? Level 6 - Assassin?s Blade
? Level 18 - Divine Avalanche (+15% Defense)
? Level 26 - Soaring Dragon
? Level 32 - Golden Dragonfly
Spines
? Level 1 - Barb Swipe
? Level 1 - Lunge
? Level 2 - Spine Burst
? Level 6 - Assassin?s Impale
? Level 18 - Impale
? Level 26 - Ripper
? Level 32 - Throw Spines

In my opinion, I think the best combo with this class would be having Super Reflexes as a secondary power. I can imagine Regeneration as being not too bad of a combo either, healing / reviving makes for faster leveling in most cases. Since most of the primary powers consist of blades or some earth-type melee weapon, better dodge, quickness, and heightened senses would best accommodate this. The super reflex group is 90% self buffs / passive powers, but I think they can help you most in the long run, and not to mention faster transportation!

Secondary Powers

Energy Aura
? Level 1 - Hide
? Level 2 - Kinetic Shield
? Level 4 - Power Shield
? Level 10 - Entropy Shield
? Level 16 - Energy Protection
? Level 20 - Repulse
? Level 28 - Energy Drain
? Level 35 - Conserve Power
? Level 38 - Overload
Ninjitsu
? Level 1 - Hide
? Level 2 - Ninja Reflexes
? Level 4 - Danger Sense
? Level 10 - Caltrops
? Level 16 - Kuji-In Rin
? Level 20 - Kuji-In Sha
? Level 28 - Smoke Flash
? Level 35 - Blinding Power
? Level 38 - Kuji-In Retsu
Regeneration
? Level 1 - Hide
? Level 2 - Fast Healing
? Level 4 - Reconstruction
? Level 10 - Dull Pain
? Level 16 - Integration
? Level 20 - Resilience
? Level 28 - Instant Healing
? Level 35 - Revive
? Level 38 - Moment of Glory
Super Reflexes
? Level 1 - Hide
? Level 2 - Focused Fighting
? Level 4 - Focused Senses
? Level 10 - Agile
? Level 16 - Practiced Brawler
? Level 20 - Dodge
? Level 28 - Quickness
? Level 35 - Evasion
? Level 38 - Elude

Truthfully, I have no better way of concluding the guide with the details given. I can say that for sure, upon release of the game that I will be going Ninja Blades / Super Reflexes. I have always been a fan of being able to run through places faster, and always had either super jumping or flying abilities on my old City of Heroes characters. I can promise with the Reflexes, your leveling will go faster at least at the bottom half of the leveling scale.
One other thing I have yet taken into consideration is Player vs. Player combat. We all know from our horrid experiences from Star Wars: Galaxies that the gun beats the sword 99% of the time by the infamous ?kiting? technique. I think this factor only supports my opinion and selection of Super Reflexes as being the most beneficial power, but like I have said in the previous article, I?m sure someone the same level as me with a different Stalker combo could come up with a way to beat any other person. This is perhaps a better aspect of the game, it?s not all in character muscle to win a fight, and it?s skill at the game.
Indeed skill at the game is required, and this is a good reason for you to stick around MPS for the week following the initial release of City of Villains, as we will have leveling guides for you as well as miscellaneous other guides to make you an better all around player at the game, prepping you to kick some serious ass in Player vs. Player.
Once again, this guide is only written for guidance and reference for those looking to start and plan to excel in the Stalker class.

To my future ninjas, good luck to you, and I hope that my guide was a help in getting you started and templated for your ninja self!

Portnoy

Coming Soon:
"Building And Planning Your Mastermind - By Portnoy"
"Building And Planning Your Dominator - By Portnoy"
"Building And Planning Your Corrupter - By Portnoy"
Be on the lookout for these guides coming soon within the next 24-48 hours!