Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > General Gaming Discussion
You last visited: Today at 18:49

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

CoV Thermal Corruptor Extensive Guide

Discussion on CoV Thermal Corruptor Extensive Guide within the General Gaming Discussion forum part of the General Gaming category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 20
Thermal Cor/Frost

This guide begins at level 14. It?s better to start at this point because of the 2 power pool awards; making more of a complete corruptor. I?m going to list my powers of choice and what enhancements I have chosen. The second part of the guide will be combat techniques. Finally, future plans.

--------Primary Power--------
Fire Blast- Fire blast is the primary power. It will now and forever be your main damage dealer. The character hurls a powerful fireball over large distances. It affects only 1 enemy. This is your common DD (Direct Damage) power. Stick to it, treat it well and it will love you back.

I?ve added THREE enhancement slots to this power. The total bonus offers a 17% increase in damage, 8 in range, and 4 in accuracy. The 4 slots are as follows at level 14:
SLOT ONE: Enhance damage 15++
SLOT TWO: Enhance accuracy 15++
SLOT THREE: Enhance damage 15++
SLOT FOUR: Enhance range 13+

Flares ? This goes side by side with your fire blast power. It follows the same style of power as fire blast. It?s a direct damage dealer, except fires a succession of weaker blasts. It also has a shorter range then fire blast, so adding distance bonuses is crucially important.

I?ve also added THREE enhancement slots. They are very similar to the fire blast setup, except the range enhancer is 15++. KEEP THE RANGE ENHANCER AT THE MAX

Fire Ball ? FINALLY, a different power. This is similar to fire blast in delivery techniques, except it?s an AoE (Area of Effect). The fireball is bigger and affects all of the enemies in the area that the fireball hits.

I?ve added TWO enhancement slots. They are as follows:
SLOT ONE: Enhance damage 13+
SLOT TWO: Endurance reduction 13++
SLOT THREE: Accuracy enhancer 15

Fire breath ? I found this technique to be fairly useless. I don?t necessarily recommend you to get it, but I use it in case of emergency. Sometimes you have two enemies on you and your other AoE abilities are down and still recharging, the cone of fire can save you.

I?ve added ONE enhancement slot. They are as follows:
SLOT ONE: 11+ Enhance damage
SLOT TWO: Enhance accuracy 15

Rain of Fire ? This fire ability is EXTREMELY useful. It?s absolutely crucial to have in groups. It?s a GTAoE spell (Ground Target Area of Effect). You pick the target on the ground and the area around it receives a DoT (Damage over Time) effect. The ticker is slow, but as a Corruptor your scourge technique comes in. If your target is lower then 50% health, most targets will receive a critical double damage.

I?ve added ONE enhancement slot. They are as follows:
SLOT ONE: 12+ enhance damage
SLOT TWO: 15+ endurance reduction

-------Secondary Power-------
Infrigidate ? This power can be very useful when soloing. The slow down effect on an enemy can mean the difference between life and death. Use it to your advantage!

I?ve added ONE enhancement slot. It is as follows:
SLOT ONE: 13++ accuracy enhancer
SLOT TWO: Slow power enhancer 11+

Ice Shield ? This transforms your nuker into a buffer. The ice shield cast on players will protect them from damage. It can help in a group tremendously.

I?ve added ONE enhancement slot. It is as follows:
SLOT ONE: Enhances damage resistance 10++
SLOT TWO: Defense buff enhancer 15

-----Travel Powers-----
I picked jumping for travel abilities. It?s an amazing power! First, I picked combat jumping. Super jump can help you get around extremely fast. When your indoors, in a mission. DON?T FORGET to switch from super jump to combat jump (yes, back down). The combat jump adds a defensive buff.

-----Combat Techniques-----
Your fire blast ability is your most important power. When soloing:
When you are soloing, you will most often then not be faced with at least two enemies. The technique is simple; pick your first target (Preferrably the weaker one). Open up combat with fire ball. This will hopefully hit both enemies. Stick your weaker opponent with your ice slow technique.

Switch over to the enemy without the ice slow. This will now be the stronger enemy. Hit him with fire blast and flares. You will keep switching from blasts to flares, and NEVER stop running. If you?re working well, your target will die before the second one loses his debuff.

Combat in a group is a little different:
When in a group, you have to realize and never forget the fact that you are a ?caster?. Proximity is NOT your friend. When in a group, don?t forget to buff your team mates with shield. It may be annoying to constantly rebuff them, but it can mean the difference between life and death.

Your objective is to stay back. The further you are the better. When engaging a new group of mobs, using single target attacks (such as flare) is important. Also, you should focus on targeting mobs that are being attacked by tankers or whose health is already damaged. This will help ensure that the agro stays off of you.

After your group has engaged a set of mobs, your free to use AoE spells. If your team mates are at a threshold (For example, a doorway) use Rain of Fire to set up a damage cluster zone where all the mobs are engaging the tankers. Use your AoE fire ball to do some area damage as well