Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > General Gaming Discussion
You last visited: Today at 02:11

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Star Wars Galaxies will end on December 15, 2011

Discussion on Star Wars Galaxies will end on December 15, 2011 within the General Gaming Discussion forum part of the General Gaming category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Star Wars Galaxies will end on December 15, 2011

Look what i received in my email today:

-------
Quote:
Dear Star Wars Galaxies™ Community Member,

We write to you today to inform you that on December 15, 2011, Sony Online Entertainment (SOE) and LucasArts will end all services (MMO and Trading Card Game) for Star Wars Galaxies (SWG). The shutdown of SWG is a very difficult decision, but SOE and LucasArts have mutually agreed that the end of 2011 is the appropriate time to end the game.

We are extremely grateful to all of the SWG fans. We have had the rare opportunity to host one of the most dedicated and passionate online gaming communities and we truly appreciate the support we've received from each and every one of you over the course of the past eight years.

In recognition of your incredible loyalty, we are extending special Fan Appreciation offers to the current SWG community. We also plan to go out with a bang with a galaxy-ending in-game event in December and hope to see you all there. The details relating to these offers and events as well as the timeline and specifics regarding the discontinuation of the service, are provided below.

Again, we want to extend our heartfelt thanks to our player community for making SWG one of the best online communities in gaming history.

Sincerely,
Sony Online Entertainment & LucasArts
-------

what you guys are thinking about this?
Old 06/25/2011, 13:33   #2

iam..Shocked, I didnt really play Galaxies anymore , i think the last time was around 5 months ago.....but, ****. The NGE was ****, but it was still a fine game with a good community. Cant believe its going to shutdown, iam really going to miss my chars
Old 06/27/2011, 20:36   #3

I think it's a b*tch move by Lucas Arts. SOE could still make revenue off of the game by merging servers, not adding any new content, thus freeing up developer time, etc. Not to mention TCG sales, which were abruptly stopped. And of course LA will not let anyone else take it over for the possibility of being free to play, or otherwise share their IP. It's their precioussss.
Old 08/27/2011, 09:07   #4

jum atrodo kad perkate itemus uz nieka ? deja