Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > General Gaming Discussion
You last visited: Today at 23:42

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Flying Ranged Tank Build (Works Great)

Discussion on Flying Ranged Tank Build (Works Great) within the General Gaming Discussion forum part of the General Gaming category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Thumbs up Flying Ranged Tank Build (Works Great)

Attributes:
#1 Constitution (Max health points is huge. This is easily the best stat in the game.)
#2 Endurance (Faster energy builders and more max energy)
#3 Recovery (Raises your energy bar and more from energy builder)
#4 onward: It doesn't matter much

Constitution gives you hit points so it is the best stat in the game.
Endurance gives you an energy pool so it is the second best stat in the game.
Recovery raises your equilibrium point in your energy recharging, so its great.
Recovery also helps energy building attacks.
The other stats do not help much in comparison to these three, so I disregard them.

-------------

LEVEL 1>>>Force bolts

This is your energy generator, so it is good to have accelerated Metabolism on it, but no dire real need.

LEVEL 1>>>Force Blast: Rank3

You want this ranked up ASAP as its your primary damage for the beginning parts of the game.

You may want to get Accelerated Metabolism on it. It is a great choice, but doesn't fit this build.

LEVEL 5>>>Personal Force Field: Rank 3

This skill is great. It prevents a lot of incoming damage before you take it to your health pool.
Its often better to have more health than regeneration as a tank.

LEVEL 5>>>Flight or Fire Flight: Rank 3

LEVEL 8>>>Field Surge: Rank 3

This skill is excellent. It raises your health pool. You don't get to see how much it prevents on screen, but its good.
I suggest Rank 2 + Power Swell for extra damage

LEVEL 11>>>Force Shield: rank 1

Depending on your build, you don't have to rank this up, or you may want to rank it to 3.
You'll find yourself blocking in this game as it is very effective. You gain energy when blocking with this shield which makes it one of the best shields.

LEVEL 14>>>NanoBotSwarm: Rejuvinating Injectors Rank 2

This skill allows for abuses so its abusive. It reduces cooldowns by 20s.
With Rejuvinating Injectors you get a Heal over time which can help sometimes.

Here is how you typically use this skill.
Cast Field surge, go into battle.
Take damage until you need to pop Resurgence.
Cast Nanoswarm and before the battle is over, you may be able to cast field surge again.

Another way is like this:
Cast field surge, go into battle.
Things look dire, so you start flying away.
You take a lot of damage and want to cast Resurgence, but the cooldown is hampered by the 20s active defense of field surge.
Cast Nanoswarm and you can use Resurgence, and it also makes field surge's cooldown eliminate some.

This is great for PVP

LEVEL 17>>>Field Drones
These guys fly and heal you. Even if the enemy has to attack them before he attacks you, that's like having extra health!

LEVEL 20>>>Resurgence Rank 3

At level 40, this will recover you to full most of the time! A skill that takes an instant to cast gives you full health. It is super powerful.
The only weakness is its cooldown is 1.5 minutes(still short time), and you can reduce it by 20 sec with Nanoswarm

Note: The advantage is bugged and does not work.

LEVEL 23>>>Force Eruption
Get rank 2 + advantage. The advantage is very good.

Level 26 Onward: The choices are up to you. I went mass pets because I figure pets tank with their extra health. Also you can have your pets kill the enemies faster than you can with force blast. And if things get bad, you can block while your pets kill the enemy. I know not everyone likes pets though with their bad AI (May have fixed AI today).

---------------------
General notes:
It is very effective to fly while fighting against enemies outdoors. While most enemies can hit you in the air, when you flee, you don't aggro as many mobs, so you can shoot and run if things go bad. Flying raises the cost of some skills, so you don't ALWAYS want to do it, just most of the time.
---------------------
Please feel free to add anything to this post you change that works better!
Thanks
4 Users
Old 06/15/2010, 12:01   #2

elite*gold: 0
Nice Build love it works great post a pvp video as soon as i get some good stuff