Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > General Gaming Discussion
You last visited: Today at 15:16

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

My First Game - now in Alpha

Discussion on My First Game - now in Alpha within the General Gaming Discussion forum part of the General Gaming category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
My First Game - now in Alpha

Hi guys! Virus with Sphynx Games here! I solo made a game I figure is in about alpha atm. It needs some testing and suggestions. I'm making regular updates to it, and would like some community backing.

The forum to it is:

About the Game:

Style: Top Down
Genre: Looter
Gameplay: Mixes Top-down shooter, slasher, and skill mashing into one very
playable game.

Description:

The planet Ociian is in a time of Crisis, known as The Awakening. The Demon Lord Terske wishes to engulf the planet in what is known as the Ekke Deminsion. If he accomplishes this, it means certain death for all inhabitants of Ociian. The last hope of the world rests in the hands of the 4 known as the Death Bringers.

Features: A good sense of end game with the randomised loot we all love!

Edit: For people who found this site via Elite PvPers, I've added a little bonus for you guys. Consider this a thank you / starter.

To open cheats: Press [Ctrl] + [Shift] + [~]
Type in [EPVPSTARTER]

The starting package will include:

-100k coins
-10 noifa crystals
-1 free Obsidian Chest (Contains only legendary loot)
Please note: This can only be used once per character.
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/02/2014, 18:25   #2

elite*gold: 26
Very nice! At first I thought this is fake and made a check:

Are there any other projects from single software engineers of your group?
I don't think that this is the "first" game, because my first game was ****
Which programming language did you use?

I don't think that everybody knows how much work this is
Keep on developing, this has great potential in my opinion.

Btw. "Virus with Sphynx Games here!" sounded more like that you give us a virus with your game. Well, English is not my native lanuage xD

€dit: I would vote for it if it will be on "Steam Greenlight"
Old 09/02/2014, 21:34   #3

elite*gold: 0
Yeah, didn't really think about that. My XBox Gamertag was always Xv_Virus. So, I just kinda took Virus as my dev name. Might change it.

Anyhow, I still plan on deving this game to the ****** end and am working on the graphics of it now. My thought was: Gameplay first / Graphics second.

@Kaliba21: This game was made partially in Construct 2, and partially in Javalang. Most of the project is in fact done in C2 though, which helps in speedy development.

PS: I'm working on Multiplayer in the game, but it was not originally intended for it. After taking a second look at the style and genre of the game, an AH and some group boss fighting would be pretty awesome.

PPS: Still need some people who would like to do art and animation for this game. I would gladly add them to the credits, and even give them some royalties should this game sell (well).

About my team:

Nothan: My lead dev is also my coding mentor; He's almost out of college now and getting his degree in computer sciences.
Zariel: Excels as a story teller, has a good sense of humor, and is well versed in music.
Nakota: Is a published author, and willing to go an extra mile to please the gaming community.
JD: Has been part of a band for a long while, but still wants his music to go further. He may be making sountracks for Sphynx Games.

Unfortunately for me, my team has really just been waiting for Nothan to finish school before we get the ball rolling. In my off-time I decided to make Death Bringers, which is a prequel to the main game we hope to make via unity / blender. As for any other projects, well you did get me on one part. This isn't exactly my first game... I do have a couple crappy ones, but I'm not sure anyone would really wanna play those XD.

Anyhow, thanks for the reply and I hope to see some interesting feedback for/about this game.
Old 09/02/2014, 22:41   #4

elite*gold: 26
Alright
Nice team btw. Try your luck at "Steam Greenlight" if you think it's finished enough for you. It's a great way for marketing. Otherwise it might be difficult to get attention.

I wish you and your team good luck with the projects. I might check them
out if there's something new later on.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/02/2016, 12:08   #5
"Ich muss noch viel von dir lernen" - Sm!th'17

elite*gold: 2325
The Black Market: 165/1/0
Received Thanks: 9,628
#closed
Closed Thread